GreaseSpot Cafe

Splinter Cults are WORSE........not better

In a galaxy far, far away...............I got involved in The Way International, because they were offering a foundational class on the Bible.  At the time, I was in my second year of college and out cruising on my 900 Kawasaki this one Sunday morning when I stopped at a state park to stretch my legs and two WOW ambassadors approached me.  I attended some twig fellowships and signed up for pfal........and took the class.  There were 12 students in this class......everyone was under 25 years old.

Add two WOW years, Way Corps training.......and its potent mixture of manipulation and indoctrination.......and my transformation into a cult was complete.  Corps coordinators had us jumping thru hoops to avoid public embarrassment, guilt and fear in nearly every closed-door meeting.  Wierwille taught many corps nights and would rail on those corps leaders [4th, 5th and 6th corps -- mainly].......calling some "cop-outs" for leaving him.  When Barr1e Hill went thru her deprogramming experience and came back to twi, and later Monty Pelt0......wierwille had them on main stage telling their stories of escape.  See......"twi was your true family."  The "Us verses Them" teachings were a daily occurrence.

My involvement in twi lasted until 1998.......after six agonizing years as Oklahoma's Limb Coordinator.

And when martindale was ousted in 2000 by twi's lawyers, no less.......that should have been a big fricken clue as to how rotten twi had become.  But STILL......lots and lots of corps remained committed to twi-servitude. And now, FINALLY.......after 16 years of Rivenbark leadership, more corps have had enough and splinter cults are cropping up.  Ric0 Magnelli is heading up Oikeos and Bob Moynihan, Michael Fort and Ed Horney are spearheading efforts for Revival and Restoration.  Splinter cults run by Corps Coordinators.........surprise, surprise.  The guys who were the most steeped in complicity AND hypocrisy want to get behind the microphone and lead others?!?!?  NO THANKS.

In my opinion........splinter cults are WORSE, not better.  Maybe it's just me, but I think Matthew 23 speaks volumes of seasoned Pharisees who make it their business to run roughshod over other peoples' lives.  I think that the Lord does NOT look kindly upon them.  How many times did they bind heavy burdens upon us, grievous to be shouldered.....while they themselves regurgitated "the law of believing" in their teachings to us.  All those crappy teachings on *the wooden spoon* at the Indiana Campus.  All the Group Confrontations and Yell-fests over one corps person who no longer wanted to jump thru some damn hoop.  All that disgusting MOG-doctrine crap......where wierwille was "the man of God of the universe."  And, demanding that way corps stay loyal to the board of trustees......even when it was blatantly obvious that the "twi-debt policy" or the"no-pregnancy policy" was God-awful tripe.  Or, the "mark and avoid" policy.  Hypocrites!!

1. Woe unto you........hypocrites [shut up the kingdom of heaven against men]  (verse 13)
  2. Woe unto you........hypocrites [ye devour widows' houses and for a pretense make long prayer]  (verse 14)
  3. Woe unto you........hypocrites [make disciples twofold more the child of hell than yourselves]  (verse 15)
  4. Woe unto you........hypocrites [omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy and faith]  (verse 23)
  5. Woe unto you........hypocrites [make clean the outside of the cup...within is full of extortion and excess]  (verse 25)
  6. Woe unto you........hypocrites [whited sepulchers.....full of dead men's bones and all uncleanness]  (verse 27)
  7. Woe unto you........hypocrites [you build the tombs of the prophets and garnish the sepulchers]  (verse 29)

The Lord Jesus taught it plainly for all to see..........scribes, Pharisees, and hypocrites.  Got it?

Corps coordinators..........ppffffftttt.  You guys should have YOUR BUTTS in the seats learning from others.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Frankly, I don't give a fig for any of them.  I simply don't care enough about any of it to get excited.  Who can get excited about tatty old wineskins?I  

live my life the best I can doing what I can for the Lord, and that gets me excited enough.   Well, that and the bottle of decent red wine that a friend and I just finished.

13 minutes ago, Twinky said:

Frankly, I don't give a fig for any of them.  I simply don't care enough about any of it to get excited.  Who can get excited about tatty old wineskins?

Well.........the point being, I'm here at GSC to sound the alarm on cults and their tactics. 

I care about the people who get ensnared........

I care about those who are bruised and brokenhearted.....

I care about setting the captives free......

That's the mission of GSC......to tell the other side of the story.

Beware of splinter-cults, too !!!   That's the point.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Back when lcm drove off 80% of twi in 88-89 with his "line in the sand",  a fellow with the screen-name of Cesar Salad said he thought the biggest problem with lcm was that he wasn't able to get humble enough to "wash the apostles' feet"  and so he wasn't fit for ministry work, since it was for HIS OWN glory and not for Jesus.    It's no different for any other alleged "leader" that vpw trained, or vpw's machine trained.  They all want to be the top dog- so all of them are UNWORTHY to be ministers.   All of them want to be SERVED and not to SERVE.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

As cynical as I can be, I would refrain from making such a blanket statement. I think there are some who are sincerely trying to do their best and are not in it for the glory. That's not to say there isn't some ego involved -- a splinter group, by definition, is led by people who think they can do a better job than the group they left. But to declare them unworthy to be ministers... I don't know. It certainly applies to some, but I cannot see where it applies to all. Sincerity may not be a guarantee for truth, but it is a guarantee for sincerity.

• Like 3

I'm drawing a distinction between some of the FOLLOWERS (quietly trying to do godly things, helping others, praying)  and those who rushed to the front to claim the microphone.  We don't hear about the usual adherent anywhere because it's boring news- few want to hear about those who run soup kitchens and build houses, but they'd stop to hear about the corrupt "leader" who got caught.     Those who pushed their way to the titles, IMHO, are in it for the titles. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, WordWolf said:

Those who pushed their way to the titles, IMHO, are in it for the titles. 

Absolutely.  And there were a LOT of them that asked (aka, "pushed") for it.  Because if you had the right title, people would hear (listen to) you.  Or so the story goes...

However, there were those (as least one... and probably some number of others) that when asked if they wanted to be ordained, declined (and never were.)

10 hours ago, Raf said:

As cynical as I can be, I would refrain from making such a blanket statement. I think there are some who are sincerely trying to do their best and are not in it for the glory. That's not to say there isn't some ego involved -- a splinter group, by definition, is led by people who think they can do a better job than the group they left. But to declare them unworthy to be ministers... I don't know. It certainly applies to some, but I cannot see where it applies to all. Sincerity may not be a guarantee for truth, but it is a guarantee for sincerity.

Yeah, Raf........it is a blanket statement, because (obviously) none of us have looked into every splinter group out there.

But.....the way I see it, a splinter group is one that has people who've split from twi and want to continue in "the Word as wierwille taught them", and/or research the rightly-divided word" utilizing pfal material, and/or band together in home fellowships to embrace the nostalgia of the early days of twi.  I'm sure that there are other derivatives "of fellowship" out there who may have drifted to more church-oriented doctrines, but have basic relationships and friendship that stem back to twi-days.

The swath of splinter groups is wide......I certainly would not dispute that.

Why is it that those with titles think that they are EN-titled to lead a splinter group?  As I said before.......corps coordinators should have THEIR BUTTS in the seats and let others teach and lead.  Their pride and arrogance is what makes it WORSE. 

Edited by skyrider
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, skyrider said:

Yeah, Raf........it is a blanket statement, because (obviously) none of us have looked into every splinter group out there.

But.....the way I see it, a splinter group is one that has people who've split from twi and want to continue in "the Word as wierwille taught them", and/or research the rightly-divided word" utilizing pfal material, and/or band together in home fellowships to embrace the nostalgia of the early days of twi.  I'm sure that there are other derivatives "of fellowship" out there who may have drifted to more church-oriented doctrines, but have basic relationships and friendship that stem back to twi-days.

The swath of splinter groups is wide......I certainly would not dispute that.

Why is it that those with titles think that that are EN-titled to lead a splinter group?  As I said before.......corps coordinators should have THEIR BUTTS in the seats and let others teach and lead.  Their pride and arrogance is what makes it WORSE. 

Unless any given splinter cult declares emphatically that it believes differently than Wierwille taught (and practiced), it's fair to surmise that said group's practice will be what Wierwille practiced. That includes the notion that,

17 hours ago, WordWolf said:

They all want to be the top dog- so all of them are UNWORTHY to be ministers.   All of them want to be SERVED and not to SERVE.

IOW, it's fair to characterize the the default position as how WordWolf described. It would naturally be up to any such apparent Top Dog to make the distinction by word and deed.

Edited by Rocky
  • Like 1

Those who intentionally hide and dismiss wierwille's plagiarism, research foibles, and sexual predation AND have made it their business to lord over others.........THOSE SPLINTER GROUPS are worse!  At the starting gate of splintering from twi, they are hypocrites before God and man.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Rocky said:

Unless any given splinter cult declares emphatically that it believes differently than Wierwille taught (and practiced), it's fair to surmise that said group's practice will be what Wierwille practiced.

Exactly!

Hence, the word "splinter cult."

What is a Way Corps minister?

Is a "way corps minister" one who has a special calling?

Does a "way corps minister" lose his calling when he/she exits, or is kicked out of, twi?

Do "way corps ministers" have a higher upgrade to minister to others than advanced class grads?

Moving forward after being cast out, this R&R group had to drop the wayspeak lingo fast........

Way Corps ministers.......Way Corps service..........?????

If they are no longer "way corps ministers".......are these guys no longer "reverends?"

March 2017

Dear beloved Way Corps ministers,

God’s abundant blessings, mercy, and peace be unto you. As Way Corps ministers, we have been and continue to be deeply concerned with the direction our beloved ministry has taken. This is why we persist in sounding the alarm.

We wholeheartedly desire revival and restoration for our ministry of Biblical research, teaching, and fellowship. The entire Way Corps household should realize the need to restore this ministry back to the heart and Biblical truths as initiated by our Founder, Dr. Victor Paul Wierwille. He earned respect many times over by teaching the greatness of God’s Word, leading from the front, and cultivating individual believer’s long suits. He did not ask others to do what he had not done many times himself. This respect cannot simply be transferred. Those succeeding in the same position must earn respect themselves. This involves leading from the front rather than pushing from behind.

We remain firm in our requests to bring our ministry back to "It Is Written," so the Word of the Lord may have free course and be glorified, starting with:

1. Lift the non-Biblical “no debt” policy that excludes classes and service to those in debt. Rather, continue to teach God’s will of living within our means, working heartily as unto the Lord, and sharing of our abundance.

2. Eliminate the “absolute” power of the current self-appointed board. Replace it with a larger elected board with established term limits and input from the entire Way Corps household.

3. Bring The Way Corps meetings back to their roots to include spiritually energized, in-depth teachings of God’s Word with an emphasis on scope and a word-by-word study of the scripture.

4. Redesign Sunday Teaching Services with an energized service and teachers that motivate and inspire believing. Stream the teachings—we have the fiber optic cable already in place to do so. “Spiritual weakness and inability is caused by improper diet and neglect of the Word.” --VPW

5. Rethink how Way Corps assignments and placements are handled. Post open positions. Way Corps assignments should be in conjunction with each Way Corps minister, ensuring these decisions really are “best for the individual” and then the ministry by having open discussions and transparent motives.

6. Reestablish the Word living within a base of youth to lead us into the next generation, or the ministry will not survive. Reenergize their participation by respecting their needs for “Hot Bible,” musical alternatives, listening for and seeking their input, and honoring their desire for fellowship with one another.

7. Reestablish a research team. This is vital to restore the foundation of our ministry to the integrity of the Word.

8. Reach out to re-engage Way Corps ministers who have been dropped or have discontinued their Way Corps service due to their conscience based on the Word, family needs, health or other issues.

We know this is not an exhaustive list, but only several of the basics. You will likely have other concerns you would like to see addressed.

Our Lord Jesus Christ showed us how to best evaluate leadership by his simple statement: “By their fruits ye shall know them.” In Matthew 7:15-20, he warned as follows:

Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.

A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

The fruit of our current leadership for the past decade has become increasingly apparent.

1. In the past 10 years we have lost over 150 Way Corps ministers. Combined with continuing small in-residence Corps classes, the overall Way Corps numbers are in a sharp decline.

2. The number of new graduates who stand following completion of classes is dropping. Because qualified Advanced Class candidate numbers have dropped so low, there is no longer a need to do a class every year.

3. There has been a steady decrease in the number of believers seeking employment at The Way International and there is a high turnover rate.

4. Attendance at Sunday Teaching Services at The Way International Headquarters and at on-the-field phone hookups is consistently low.

5. The Way International has a book value of all assets over $68 million, however believers often pay a facility fee to meet as a State or Branch, or they meet in only “budget” or “free” spaces.  There are less and less full time ministers on the field and in many Regions only one full time couple in the entire Region. This inequality is non-Biblical and begs the question of how the abundant sharing is utilized. There is no transparency. (II Corinthians 8:14)

6. There is continued mistreatment of long-standing, faithful believers and leadership. Without dialogue and nothing resembling I Timothy 5:19-21, numerous ministers—including seasoned Officers, Region coordinators, State coordinators, Branch coordinators, and others on Headquarters Staff—have been abruptly removed, mishandled, and in several cases barred from fellowship. This is inexcusable.

7. The Board of Directors have refused to dialogue regarding the Biblical confrontation for which they were rebuked on August 12, 2016. The attached letters were sent asking for representatives to meet with the Board of Directors and later to attend the Region coordinator’s meetings so concerns could be effectually represented. The only option given was meeting with one couple at a time, not in a suggested Acts 15-type leadership meeting. The Board of Directors continue to move ahead unrepentant.

These are factual indications of their fruit. Additional questions need to be asked: Do we have the same laughter, joy, and wholehearted goodwill and love for one another that we once knew and loved in our beloved ministry? Why have we not had any nationwide Way Corps face-to-face meetings where we can fully share and learn from one another in an open manner? Why is the labor for and loyalty to a few select individuals exalted above commitment and devotion to our heavenly Father? These things have thwarted the purposes of God.

The future of our ministry is in peril. This information is intended as a call to action. We have not undertaken this mission lightly, but rather with prayer and a multitude of counselors working together. We recognize our first letter was “loud” in that it addressed issues openly. It is now essential to “yell long” as the Way Corps continue to arise, allowing God to bare His mighty arm. It is time to boldly speak up; we stand approved before God, not men. We will no longer cover for the Board of Directors.

Your one-accord voice is needed. As stated in Acts 4:20, after being commanded by the chief priests and elders not to speak at all, nor teach in the name of Jesus, they simply replied, “We cannot but speak the things which we have seen and heard.” They went to their “own company” and reported all that the chief priests and elders had said unto them, Acts 4:23. As a result, in verse 24, they lifted up their voice to God with one accord. Boldness to speak the Word, signs and wonders, and a multitude of believers with one heart and soul was the fruit. Great grace was upon them all.

Many of us have informed our “own company” of our Biblical confrontation and why it was done. We have encouraged the believers to pray for our ministry and live the Word. The results have been a greater commitment to “It is Written,” relief that their concerns are being addressed, and a thankfulness that the Word of God is the foundation of our lives. It has been an answer of peace. We encourage you to do the same as God works in your heart.

It must be the Word, the Word, and nothing but the Word.

The numbers that support a change at the Board of Director level are consistently growing. You can contact us at: revivalandrestoration@outlook.com and/or contact us personally with any questions or comments.

Lovingly in Christ,

Ray and Sandy Beets, Ted and Ramona Bidon, Paul and Connie Brooks, Brett and Dale Byers,

Kevin and Melody Carter, Todd and Michelle Cencich, Michael and Cindy Fort,

Gary and Patricia Frederick, Scott and Kristina Froelich, Matthew and Laurie Harmon,

Ed and Jacque Horney, Mark and Terri Ladwig, Aaron and Kelly Lapp, Darrell La Salle,

Rhett Major, Bob and Dottie Moynihan, Rich and Vera O’Neal,

Buddy and Donna Pressler, Stephen and Patty Fay Roberts, David and Cecilia Rowe, Jon and Lisa Ryan,

Michael and Billi-Jo Sanders, Phil and Sue Shelton, Rick and Marian Schilling, Jeffrey and Chrissy Skeltis,

Gene and Sherry Slavit, Sean and Mary Strickland, Walter and Christina Uyehara…plus dozens more

Edited by skyrider

The fact that these folks are just now leaving illustrates, to me, that their minds have been dipped in a formaldahyde type solution: they don't work well anymore.

Their social circles won't change, they'll still live with their current worldview, they'll all be clinging like I did that what we were taught must be right? please? whoa, that is, IF they even question it. Manipulated by Holy Scriptures? Please, say it ain't so, Joe.

My current view is all we got Theologically was an offspring branch of Protestant Christianity (yeah, I was reared Methodist), that started with Darby back then in the 1830's, Dispensationalism (a BIGGIE!) into the Revivalism movement, to the toned down Charismatic movement birthing from Pentecostalism (no pun intended). The basis for us being at the outside edge of the Standard Bell curve? Bullinger (not as hot as we were taught), Stiles (who?), Leonard (who?).  In other words: hogwash. Others may even say the entire Bible.

I know quite a few of those folks. I liked some of them then. I am saddened that they stayed. Sigh.

I finally accepted my Geological tables, 9th grade Earth Science, the Brachiopods (fossils- at least 550 million years old) I found coupla' years later at 15 years old in a creek bed behind my home UP in my Hills at Elevation +800 ft. 

I quit on the vapor canopy theory of the Noahic Flood, and any glimmer of hope with Creationism died out, sadly, but refreshingly nice, too. 

I understand a lot more NOW, and am still exploring. From what I've read, I might be kinda' on the same page with a few others here. Some loudmouth guy here comes to mind. The steps toward resolving these conflicts is not as hard now, and my mind is full of more questions now, but not in a confusing way. 

This has been worse than getting a coffee stain on a brand new white shirt!

These "jumps" or "parsing" in worldviews requires a flexible, unfearing mind to be able explore. Nimble. Aware. A true natural curiosity makes it more fun. 

I feel I am just getting started at times.

I don't think they can do it.

Brachiopods.jpg

Edited by engine
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, engine said:

These "jumps" or "parsing" in worldviews requires a flexible, unfearing mind to be able explore. Nimble. Aware. A true natural curiosity makes it more fun. 

I feel I am just getting started at times.

THAT is the essence of leaving TWI. I don't think the R&R guys and gals are generally prepared to do that.

stuck_in_a_rut_by_charpener-d8q1qki.png

Hey, EX-corps coordinators and corps sycophants........are you STILL idolizing wierwille?  Have you gone back and **corrected** his doctrinal errors that he taught?  Errors like..... cancer is a devil spirit (unless you think that wierwille DIED POSSESSED OF A DEVIL SPIRIT).  LOL

How about all major church denominations are led by those born of the seed of the serpent.  Do you guys still teach THAT?   To me, it seems like wierwille was more fixated on the devil, not God....in his later years.  Why is that? 

I had one-on-one encounters with wierwille......and he gave me FALSE prophecy.

Wierwille's personal prophecy to me

When I was with wierwille on his motor coach in May 1981, he stopped reading my deprogramming account, paused and directly fixated his gaze upon me, and said............. "Your parents will be dead in 5 years for having done this to you."

Imagine how that jolted me.  For nearly 7 years, I had been indoctrinated into believing that Dr. Victor Paul Wierwille walked with God and was "the man of God" for this day and time.  He received revelation from God.......and, he was the man who could "reach up into Daddy's cookie jar" anytime, anywhere.  Throughout the corps indoctrination program, our corps coordinators emphasized and demanded strict adherence and obedience to leadership.  Wierwille was the "ultimate leader" of the cult........and, in May 1981, I was in his private motor coach and he was uttering a prophecy of the death of my parents.

So.........I counted down the years.

Throughout these years, I had NO contact with my parents......except to send them an announcement of my marriage to my bride.  I did not invite them to our wedding.  I knew that was not within the realm of possibility for them to accept.......and come sit in the BRC at our wedding.  So, obviously..........our relationship became estranged, and cold, and distant. 

Yet, each year......I reflected on wierwille's "prophecy" and thought, ".....Is this going to be the year of their deaths?  How will they die?  Will it be significant or "biblical in nature".......so that I can see the judgment of the Lord on their actions?   And, I at times, pondered..........."What if this was a false prophecy and wierwille was just speaking presumptuously?"  God forbid that I harbor a dissenting view of wierwille's prophecy and doubt that it would come to pass.  THAT would make wierwille a false prophet.

The years passed quickly..........and four years later, in May 1985........wierwille was DEAD.

Still, I waited..........waiting for year number 5.

May 1986 came and went...........and my parents were STILL alive.  Five years had passed and the prophecy did not come to pass.  Now what?  Should I give "this prophecy" a little wiggle room and wait till the end of the year?  Maybe, just maybe.......wierwille was "off by only a little."  No.  Wierwille said, "Your parents will be dead in 5 years for having done this to you."  These words were burned into my conscience, because wierwille had spoken them directly to me.  After years of studying scripture and going thru corps training, prophecy was something that was absolute and the markings of the holy spirit in action.  Many believed that wierwille had the gift ministries (plural)......teacher, prophet AND apostle. 

Yet, are we not to take the Deuteronomy record into account that IF the prophet's words do not come to pass, then he has spoken presumptuously.......and be NOT afraid of him.  Now what?  This was May of 1986.  And, three months later, Geer takes the stage at Corps Week and reads "The Passing of a Patriarch."  Patriarch?  Was wierwille our "Father in the Word?"  Was wierwille our father in this cult?  And, Geer said that we'd forsaken wierwille and needed to get back to the Word that he had taught us.   Questions and more swirling questions.  Who you gonna believe?  Men who speak great swelling words of vanity or your own eyes (and ears)?

As of that May 1981 "prophecy".............my Dad lived another 27 years.

As of that May 1981 "prophecy".............my Mom lived another 34 years.

On one hand.......splintering does have its "advantages."  It awakens some from the cult to break away from the deep-seated bondage and captivity of twi.......and later, they find out that their offshoots encounter the same problems and cultish ways (i.e. geerites, CES, CFF....).  One person here at GSC recently posted that s/he had been with twi for 14 years.....and then, with a Geer group for 18 years (before leaving in 2005).  So, offshoots can add a mixture of advantages/disadvantages to the mix.  Ugh.

But on the other hand.......it divides families.  For decades, families have been divided by twi's teachings and cult tactics.  The "mark and avoid" ploy is the same thing the Scientologists call "disconnect."  Shun those family members who are not in agreement or fall in line.  In the last two years......that March 2017 letter to twi's BOD (noted above.....and if I'm not mistaken) lists two of Don and Wanda's girls who disagree with twi's doctrine/practices and therefore distanced themselves from the group.  Same goes with C!ndy F0rt........so now that Howard and Wanda are married.........they have children (and grandchildren?) who are not welcomed at The Way International.

So much for......promotes "harmony in the home."

• Like 2

2 hours ago, skyrider said:

On one hand.......splintering does have its "advantages."  It awakens some from the cult to break away from the deep-seated bondage and captivity of twi.......and later, they find out that their offshoots encounter the same problems and cultish ways (i.e. geerites, CES, CFF....).  One person here at GSC recently posted that s/he had been with twi for 14 years.....and then, with a Geer group for 18 years (before leaving in 2005).  So, offshoots can add a mixture of advantages/disadvantages to the mix.  Ugh.

How long before someone posts on GSC......... "I left the Revival and Restoration Group, and here's why......."

• Like 1

March 2017

Dear beloved Way Corps ministers,

God’s abundant blessings, mercy, and peace be unto you. As Way Corps ministers, we have been and continue to be deeply concerned with the direction our beloved ministry has taken. This is why we persist in sounding the alarm. 

We wholeheartedly desire revival and restoration for our ministry of Biblical research, teaching, and fellowship. The entire Way Corps household should realize the need to restore this ministry back to the heart and Biblical truths as initiated by our Founder, Dr. Victor Paul Wierwille. He earned respect many times over......

[snip]

Okay Guys and Gals.......it's been over two years, so where do you stand?

• If you STILL want to "restore this ministry".......then you STILL uphold the authoritarian style of dictatorship from wierwille.  Right?
  • So, you STILL opine for "restoration".................is that because YOU want a pyramid structure like the one wierwille instigated?
  • How do you justify the "restoration" part..........since it's not literal towards twi, is it the *ideology* of wierwille doctrine and thought?
  • Yet, you are NO LONGER CORPS.......................because you left twi and abandoned your corps commitment.  Wierwille spoke plainly on this.
  • All of the corps letters from 1977-1982............detail this specifically.  Over and over again.
  • You cannot "serve wierwille" and abandon his beloved spiritual headquarters and ministry.......he called all those who left cop-outs.
  • Others, too, like John Lynn..........publically stated, loud and proud, that he "thought wierwille would be proud of him for his stance."  NOPE.
  • Wierwille was vehemently adamant that ANYONE WHO LEFT HIM OR TWI.......was walking into darkness and the night of the soul.
  • Do you STAND with what wierwille taught........or don't you?
  • Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 2:39 AM, WordWolf said:

It's no different for any other alleged "leader" that vpw trained, or vpw's machine trained.  They all want to be the top dog- so all of them are UNWORTHY to be ministers.   All of them want to be SERVED and not to SERVE.

Wierwille skewered the scriptures at every turn away from the Lord Jesus Christ......and promulgated the First-Century Leaders as "teaching the Word only."  Everyone ELSE was there to "serve tables"  ...... [ie. do all the manual work so as to accommodate those with double-honor, the elite spiritual heavies].  The corps coordinators were one-dimension removed from mog-mandates..... and thus, the enforcers of wierwille-doctrine.  So yeah.....it may not look like it now at these early stages of *revival and restoration*........BUT THE END GAME is to once again restore their "rightful place of honor wherein others serve THEM."

Notice on their website that these corps coordinators teach things like "The Philippians Project" or "Imitators of God" [tweaked versions of wierwille-doctrine]......while some other corps are teaching things regarding "Heart, Love, Treasure or Jesus Christ."   BEWARE:  the corps coordinators are steeped in wierwille-doctrine thru-and-thru and will subtly nudge and indoctrinate all others into THEIR ideology.  "Freedom in Christ" is NOT in the R&R dna........because the corps coordinators are AT THE HELM.

It's a very subtle distinction, but it's ALREADY THERE for those who have their eyes open.

It's baked into the wierwille-doctrine.

Give it a couple of years........and watch it evolve.    :spy:

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, skyrider said:

Give it a couple of years........and watch it evolve.    :spy:

Some of these corps coordinators have been "on this treadmill" for 40-45 years.  You cannot convince me that they are just willing to have organic, free-spirit home fellowships WITHOUT CENTRALIZED ORGANIZATION. 

Ric0 Magnell! has his tweaked "foundational, intermediate and advanced courses" up-and-running. He is criss-crossing the country and BUILDING the wierwille-esque model.  Bet the farm that the revival and restoration guys envy his fast sprint out of the starting blocks.  MLM-courses that every slave/peasant.....er, believer can hock to family and friends.  And, tithe....and everything just like a mini-twi.  LOL

The R&R model is in transition.  It has to change.  Soon.

[To paraphrase a common expression]...............Too many chiefs and not enough Indians

• Upvote 1