GreaseSpot Cafe

Elderly and cults: request for information

penworks

This is Penworks passing along a request for info from the informative and helpful non-profit, the International Cultic Studies Association (ICSA). I'm a member.

"ICSA director, Debby Schriver, author of Whispering in the Daylight: The Children of Tony Alamo’s Christian Ministry and Their Journey to Freedom, will speak soon to attorneys specializing in law and the elderly.

Despite its vast library, ICSA has little written information on how cults affect the elderly. Debby is interested in interviewing individuals who may have personal experience or may know about the experiences of others who were adversely affected by cults when they got older.  We hope that her conversations with you may result in an ICSA Today article that could provide up-to-date information on the topic of elderly and cults."

If you have information that you believe will be useful to this project, please send it to mail@icsamail.com

Edited by penworks

Thanks Penworks.  Appreciate it.

I would not be surprised if "elderly and cults" has MORE to do with splinter cults than twi.  It just seems to me that wierwille's cult was filled with the youth of the 70s.  We didn't have a whole lotta seasoned adults leading us on the field.  Our ranks were filled with novices and peers.  Peers leading peers.  LOL.