GreaseSpot Cafe

If Raf were the Devil

Steve!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is it that all threads here eventually break down into a discourse about food? A forgiveness thread turned into brownies, and now the Prince of the Power of the Air has been replaced by pizza toppings!

Note that the topic is "If Raf were the Devil." The use of the subjunctive implies a condition contrary to fact. Is that really the case, or has the God of This World blinded our eyes?

George

P.S.: maybe all the food references have to do with this being a CAFE?

Well, unless pineapple is sausage with sugar added, putting pineapple on a pizza negates said pizza from any longer being a pizza. It may look like a pizza, but that pineapple on it... it sorta changes the rules.

Long hair, sweet face, feminine figure... and what have we here? The Crying Game? Well, I don't care what features that character had in common with women: he wasn't a woman, by virtue of the presence of... well, you know.

Same thing with pineapples on pizza. It's the Crying Game. I'm telling you.

quote:
Originally posted by Raf:

Well, unless pineapple is sausage with sugar added, putting pineapple on a pizza negates said pizza from any longer being a pizza. It may look like a pizza, but that pineapple on it... it sorta changes the rules.

Raf,

Are you the one in charge of said rules on pizza?

Should we start refferring to you as the MOP (Man of Pizza)? anim-smile.gificon_razz.gif:P--> anim-smile-blue.gif

If Raf were the Devil, then he would not have LES, or the Living Epistles Society. He would have LES, The Livid Evil Spirit Society. Also, TWI would probably love him while at the same time pretending to rebuke him.

Once upon a time, there was the NY pizza.

And it was good.

There was the Manhattan pizza that was so thin one couldn't hold the whole slice in a "V" because the tip would fall, and liquid (which there is a lot of on a Manhattan pizza) would just drain off the tip, so one had to fold the tip over. But it was sooo good.

And there was the Bronz pizza, which, to me, is so much like the original pizza in the Garden of Eden, that it defies description. It is not LIKE anything; every other pizza is more or less LIKE it. I suppose one more worthy may desribe it, but I can't. However, although it is beyond desription, it can't be mistaken. Once I walked past a pizza joint in Las Vegas and followed the fragrance inside the door to immediately announce to everyone behind the counter what they already knew - that they were from the Bronx. Unmistakable!

Then there is the Brooklyn pizza. 1/2 way between the Manhattan & the Bronx slice. Absolutely satisfies.

The original Long Island pizza slices - 'Litalianos from the city did something amazing to them. Originally sold only through holes in the wall by the slice, umm,let me see if I can put this into words. It was very much like the Bronx slice or the Brooklyn, but heftier. And it had a tasty addition of the Manhattan - the juicy thing, but it didn't detract from the heftiness, & it wasn't overdone. The Lords of Pizza had achieved something remarkable, something that could only best be described as close to very good sex.

Then someone added one or two ingredients - usually, but not always, sausage or pepperoni. It was questionable at first if this was genuine pizza, but it was then accepted without question. Soon, briefly questioned, and likewise accepted, came the supreme pizza and the Sicilian (which some will argue was originally in the Garden - but then the whole discussion devolves upon a black (according to Neapolitan (white Italians))white thing - that I'm not going to touch any more than I have.

Apologies to Staten Island and other places with ligitimate claims to genuine pizza origins, I move on to the true evil - TWI. Having moved me to North Carolina, they put me in a position where, at last, Pizza Hut Pizza started to taste something like real pizza, started to taste good like it had something of real pizza in it. To my credit, I retained enough integrity to attribute that to my final complete adulterization of the authentic under the hand of oppressive TWI influences.

Be that as it may, I spare you the details of further degradation and fast forward to my re-entry into society from the depths of the TWI beast. All the glories of the God of TWI & prosperity & my years of abundant sharing over & and above 15% notwithstanding, I'm now working in, of all places, a pizza joint - delivering pizzas - in South Florida.

Believe it or not, I still loved pizza. Actually, all my prosperity notwithstanding, for the first 3 months I worked for this pizza place, I ate nothing but pizza - I would say, "my first 4 months," but sometime in my 4th month I ate a non-pizza sandwhich.

I, and the other pizza joint workers, learned how to make every kind of pizza. Pizza bread had its beginning with the likes of us. Now you may question the right of bread to the accolade "pizza" and rightfully so if you taste the pizza bread from the local grocery store - but when we made pizza bread, it was PIZZA bread. And we made breakfast pizza. And it had pinnapple on it - and egg - and sausage - and maybe everything else you could think of to put in an omelette like olives, peppers, cheese, WHATEVER.

And it was pizza or not depending on who made it and who ate it.

So, I'm here to tell you that everyone's argument here has legitimacy. If I've offended any pizza purists, I'm sorry. You're right; I'm adulterated & not to be trusted.

But pizza is not static. It is the glue that binds.

May the moon in your eye like a big pizza pie be Amore.

Tom

Raf

How can you pineapple is not a pizza topping? How can you be so ethnically and culturally insensitve?

Why in other parts of the world, monkey meat is considered a delicacy on pizzas.

I am disgusted …

…

…

…

…

…

…

by the monkey meat icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Can we agree on certain ground rules, here?

If I put hydrochloric acid on a pizza, is it still a pizza? If I put crap on a pizza, is it still a pizza? If I put sausage on a pizza, is it still a pizza? If I put pepperoni on a pizza, is it still a pizza?

Okay, no on the first two, yes on the second two, right? Okay, so there IS a line. Can't deny it; you've already admitted it. Now we must determine what goes on what side of the line. Mushrooms? That goes on the sausage and pepperoni side of the line. Shoe leather? That goes on the acid and crap side.

Pineapple? Definitely on the shoe leather/acid/crap side of the line.

That's all I'm saying. But I am saying it.

OK.. a couple of years ago I was walking behind the local pizzaria here- lo and behold, I beheld twenty gallon drums of banana puree. At that time, I think all they made was pizza, and the best in a hundred mile radius at that.

Just makes me wonder- were they palming off "counterfiet" pizza to the poor unhuddled masses here?

quote:
Pineapple? Definitely on the shoe leather/acid/crap side of the line.

That's all I'm saying. But I am saying it.

Tell me something, Raf. Is this "Pizza w pineapple Shalt Not be regarded as pizza" line God breathed with you? Is it one of those Holy Things that just must be taken on Faith? Hmmmm? wink2.gif;)-->

You've had a Bad Experience with a prickly pineapple in your tender youth, ... didn't you?

Come on, Raf, you're among friends here. We understand the psychological need to reject pineapples, really we do. Just take a any old pineapple, look at it squarely, and yell "You no longer have any power over me!!!" primal scream therapy style. banghead.gif ... Hey! It sure beats pounding on a pillow screaming "Mommy! Mommy! Mommy!"

(Can I charge for this kind of arm-chair psychotherapy?)

icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

quote:
Originally posted by GarthP2000:

Hey! It sure beats pounding on a pillow screaming "Mommy! Mommy! Mommy!"

You got some sort of issue with pounding on a pillow screaming "Mommy! Mommy! Mommy!"? Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, but in this case? hmmmmm

I wouldn't have an issue of pounding the pillow screaming "Mommy! Mommy! Mommy!" while smoking the cigar, no. ... Provided it's a good quality Cuban cigar. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

(Where is a smiley with a cigar hanging out of its mouth when ya need it? icon_confused.gif:confused:-->)

There's got to be some kind of logical fallacy in operation here by Raf.

Picking a couple of items so far out of line that everyone will admit that their inclusion could not possibly qualify the result as pizza does not negate the item in question that IS simply open to question by virtue of the fact that many consider it pizza.

As a matter of fact, there are purists to whom the addition of even sausage and pepperoni were considered anathema to the garden of pizza.

Just when did the Devil get into Eden, and what was his disguise? Did the Devil say, "Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?"

Hmmm, where is a good cigar when it is needed?

Huh? smiley2k.gif

Thomas, you poor, sad man...

I don't care HOW many people think crap on pizza is acceptable. The moment you put crap on a pizza, it is no longer a pizza. Look, if you enjoy it, that's your prerogative. Just don't kiss anyone after lunch.

Wow, please tell me, Raf - you're not really going to put forth the proposition that it's not okay to kiss someone after eating pinapple, but it's fine to do so after eating sausage & pepperoni. Are you? Talk about so sad, so bad!