GreaseSpot Cafe
Sign in to follow this  
Twinky

Of healing and day-to-day life

Okay, I'll bite, since I got a specific mention in the lead-in thread.

On Sunday morning I was in my little church and we were singing a song in which there's a line about Jesus being the Healer.  I occasionally suffer from carpal tunnel syndrome (aka RSI) and I must have done something earlier in the week that strained my wrist.  My wrist had ached badly since about Thursday, worse at night, and wakes me with the severe discomfort.  So I'm singing this song and suddenly pay attention to the words and think, "Why am I singing this - I need healing - right now," look at my arm and wrist as if I'd never seen either before, and think, "That's enough.  I claim this healing.  Now!"  Right then, the song finished, the service moved on - and I later realised that since then, there's been no more pain in my wrist since that moment.  No feeling of heat, things slipping into place, or any other sensation.  Just - no sensation.  No pain.  All functioning as perfectly as should be.

• Like 1

And another thing.

I wear contact lenses.  As any lens wearer can attest, these amazing things also have a life of their own.  They appear to be able to jump off the finger that's trying to insert the lens into the eye.  And they frequently turn up in very odd places.  (Once I lost one - at WiB - and it turned up in another room - how did that happen???)

Anyway, there are many times when I've dropped a lens and then I fumble around on the table, then on my clothes, then the chair, then the carpet.  Fingertip searches (you can't see the pesky things!) in increasingly wide circles.  After 10 or 15 mins of this, I come to my senses and pray: "Okay, Dad, here's your dorky daughter, and I dropped the lens again, so please show me where it is."  And almost immediately afterwards I find it - invariably in some place I thought I'd looked.  How does this work?  Heck, I don't know.  I just say, "Thanks, Dad, for showing me.  You're amazing.  Now let's go and enjoy the day together."  And we do. :eusa_clap:

I love these everyday miracles.

Edited by Twinky

Thank you Twinky for the inspiration. I need this also for my two index fingers that do not have the flexibility that they had a few years ago, especially the index finger on my left hand. Also the index finger on my right hand has trouble now with pressure and needed strength. Not as good as the other fingers. Any prayers would be appreciated. Also please pet your Kitty Cats for me. Thank you. 

Praying for you, Mark.

The girlies enjoyed the petting, but gave you a shirty look.  You might have been trying to eat them.  That's them all over!

On 8/16/2019 at 2:12 AM, Twinky said:

Praying for you, Mark.

The girlies enjoyed the petting, but gave you a shirty look.  You might have been trying to eat them.  That's them all over!

Sorry for not trying to eat them. I would instead prefer to pet them and feed them. The one at the top looks hungry for at least a tidbit. Thank you for your prayers. Prayers for you also.