GreaseSpot Cafe

Of healing and day-to-day life

Twinky

Okay, I'll bite, since I got a specific mention in the lead-in thread.

On Sunday morning I was in my little church and we were singing a song in which there's a line about Jesus being the Healer.  I occasionally suffer from carpal tunnel syndrome (aka RSI) and I must have done something earlier in the week that strained my wrist.  My wrist had ached badly since about Thursday, worse at night, and wakes me with the severe discomfort.  So I'm singing this song and suddenly pay attention to the words and think, "Why am I singing this - I need healing - right now," look at my arm and wrist as if I'd never seen either before, and think, "That's enough.  I claim this healing.  Now!"  Right then, the song finished, the service moved on - and I later realised that since then, there's been no more pain in my wrist since that moment.  No feeling of heat, things slipping into place, or any other sensation.  Just - no sensation.  No pain.  All functioning as perfectly as should be.

• Like 2

And another thing.

I wear contact lenses.  As any lens wearer can attest, these amazing things also have a life of their own.  They appear to be able to jump off the finger that's trying to insert the lens into the eye.  And they frequently turn up in very odd places.  (Once I lost one - at WiB - and it turned up in another room - how did that happen???)

Anyway, there are many times when I've dropped a lens and then I fumble around on the table, then on my clothes, then the chair, then the carpet.  Fingertip searches (you can't see the pesky things!) in increasingly wide circles.  After 10 or 15 mins of this, I come to my senses and pray: "Okay, Dad, here's your dorky daughter, and I dropped the lens again, so please show me where it is."  And almost immediately afterwards I find it - invariably in some place I thought I'd looked.  How does this work?  Heck, I don't know.  I just say, "Thanks, Dad, for showing me.  You're amazing.  Now let's go and enjoy the day together."  And we do. :eusa_clap:

I love these everyday miracles.

Edited by Twinky

Thank you Twinky for the inspiration. I need this also for my two index fingers that do not have the flexibility that they had a few years ago, especially the index finger on my left hand. Also the index finger on my right hand has trouble now with pressure and needed strength. Not as good as the other fingers. Any prayers would be appreciated. Also please pet your Kitty Cats for me. Thank you. 

Praying for you, Mark.

The girlies enjoyed the petting, but gave you a shirty look.  You might have been trying to eat them.  That's them all over!

On 8/16/2019 at 2:12 AM, Twinky said:

Praying for you, Mark.

The girlies enjoyed the petting, but gave you a shirty look.  You might have been trying to eat them.  That's them all over!

Sorry for not trying to eat them. I would instead prefer to pet them and feed them. The one at the top looks hungry for at least a tidbit. Thank you for your prayers. Prayers for you also.

• 3 weeks later...

Everyday and personal, so true. I kinda springboard off the verse in the Bible that says God works in us both to will and to do of His good pleasure. "Christ in me" and Christ being formed in me and how immediate and personal the relationship really is. My life is made up of millions of "little" things and learning how they ebb and flow as part of the whole is a daily endeavor. 

It's four weeks now and my wrists still haven't hurt.  Very thankful.

However,  my need for healing remains.  I have found a new challenge for God (!).  On Friday I was working with a very large hedge clipper, big grunty professional model, very long blade, would easily take a finger off. It can also do some lovely delicate shaping.  Nice piece of kit.  I have had this equipment for a couple of years and have cut many hedges with it.

So how come I wasn't paying attention to it on Friday, and somehow managed, in a completely easy section of hedge, to touch this thing against my leg?  It's ripped a hole in my  jeans leg, and two or three deep gashes in my left leg just over the knee.  (First thought: this needs stitches.)  I washed it off as best I could under a cold tap, stuck half a dozen bandaids over the wounds, and carried on.  Had a shower when I got home and on inspection decided to take myself to Accident & Emergency(great place to be at 10pm on Friday - actually, it was surprisingly quiet, the drunks obviously arrive later).  It was inspected, washed again, and bandaged up.  My friend who was with me joined me in prayer for healing and no nasty complications.

Changed the dressing yesterday.  The two biggest wounds are now healing very very well.  I feel inclined to leave the dressing off, but that's probably unwise.  Dirty jeans, filthy  clipper blade, significant risks for introduction of unhealthy bacteria - and I walk away with a bandaid.  Very very thankful.

Another time, in this same garden, I slipped out of a tree onto the open blade of my long loppers.  Stabbed myself in the wrist.  The injury is 1" from the tiny veins and nerves in the wrist, again quite deep, but 1" further over could have been catastrophic.  Again, big prayers, and now only the slightest silvery scar.

I am not a foolish worker, I'm often alone and need to take care of myself.  As a former Personal Injury lawyer, I'm perhaps more aware of risks of injury than many might be.  But I still make many mistakes, have minor accidents, and need to rest in God's great grace to cover my own stupidity.