GreaseSpot Cafe

Splinter work IS the wierwille legacy

Greasespot Café and its predecessor Waydale have done an extraordinary service in exposing wierwille's fallacies. 

The rose-colored glasses have long been removed.  Anyone who cares to research the depth of deception, lies, plagiarism, predation and authoritarian control will find an immense body of work here at this GSC-website.  Or, like many of the recent corps who exited twi.......one can keep peddling the wierwille "research" and mystique to your kids and Facebook page.

Heck, if you don't believe it here.......READ it in mrs. wierwille's book.  The dots are easy to connect.  Even with this sanitized version, she lays bare the truth that wierwille DID NOT have a spiritual connection with God, nor did he believe the Scriptures.  And clearly, wierwille did not have any formulated thought or conception of a class-based ministry UNTIL he sat in B.G. Leonard's class in 1953.  BAMM......right there, we uncover one of wierwille's big lies:  The Way, Inc was NOT founded in 1942.

Why the lies?  Why the deception?  Why the fraud?

• Wierwille was NOT what he purported to be.
  • He built his "ministry" from the plagiarized work of others.
  • Wierwille's narcissism was the ruling core of his decisions.
  • This explains the wielding of authoritarian rule and control.
  • No true empathy for others is found in those with narcissistic pathologies.
  • The holy spirit within is not front and center to this man's life.
  • Therefore, he must embark upon lies, deception and fraud.

Lies built upon lies.

Wierwille claimed (cough, cough) that the Lord sent the "snow-on-the-gas-pumps" (on a sunshine day) and spoke to him to TEACH THE WORD.  Yet, wierwille never tells anyone about this event until he tells the corps decades later.  Yeah, right???????  This "revelation" was too contrived......a fraudulent mish-mash to add credibility to his plagiarized work.

The dots connect.

YET.......the newly-exited corps have NO interest in uncovering these lies, deception and fraud.  The leaders of splinter groups WANT to keep trekking on the SAME PATH OF BUTTS-IN-SEATS with nary a glance at how or why The Way International came crashing down.  Rico and his clergy-lieutenants are now the men in charge!!!  They get to stand at the podium and "teach the word" to others.  They fly here.  They hold classes there.  In Montana, they had a camp outing and taught on the birds, animals and creation of God.  Ain't it great?    ppffftt.

Leaders who fell for decades of deception......

.............and now people want to follow THAT?

It boggles the mind to see the gullible on display.....

Cult-Splinter Insanity

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 11:01 AM, skyrider said:

Insanity is often quoted as......"Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

..........but with cult-splinter insanity, I find myself wondering if they are doing the same thing over and over again desiring the SAME results.  With nearly 20 years of internet exposure..... Waydale and Greasespot Café.......surely IF these corps leaders had an ounce of integrity and empathy for others, they'd see the errors of their ways, no? 

What do ALL of the cult offshoots have in common?

1. A self-appointed leader claims to have "the Word" and teach "it" to others.
  2. He offers up dissention and disagreements with martindale or rivenbark........and gives wierwille adulation.
  3. Without objective reflection and further seminary training or study, he tweaks the wierwille-teachings only slightly.
  4. Same pyramid structure is implemented..........same centralization, same lording over others, same rules on giving money.
  5. Now that you've met the *new boss, same as the old boss*..........how can you possibly expect DIFFERENT RESULTS?

After exiting The Way International Cult.........how many got entrapped into another splinter group for another decade or more?  Insanity right?  And, within these various splinters......how many more twisted perversions were promoted and propagated by the spiritual elite (cough, cough) among us?  The Geer group plunged into the posthumous indoctrinations of geer's idol, wierwille.  CES/STFI grafted in new age, self-help quackery like Momentus and personal prophesies and nose spiders.  Egads!  And, CFF took you back to the nostalgia "good old days of twi" when that young blood was coursing thru your veins.  Oh, the memories.......

Here a splinter, there a splinter.............everywhere there is ANOTHER splinter.

Whether the R&R group will get rooted is still questionable.......but Rico's upstart - Oikeos is another baby cult that is flailing its arms and legs.  Nourished on the milk of "Wierwille's Word" this infant will grow up in the image of wierwille...........same result, same outcome as its mother-cult.

IMO.........these splinters have NOTHING to do with serving and ministering to others, but rather are SELF-SERVING OVERLORDS.  These corps cleave to the cult model, because they have no real-life job experience in the real world.  At best, they would be hard to find middle management jobs, sales jobs or seek self-employment.  There are near-zero employers out there who are willing to hire a 56-66 year old man who has been fossilized into an obscure "Christian" group for 35 or 40 years. 

Two years ago, I documented a timeline of my experiences during the Martindale Era.....Insanity on Steroids.......and it was crazy then. 

But now, seeing these corps who stayed ANOTHER 17 YEARS of Rivenbark's Reign of Error.........and now, wanting to claim the mantle of *Leadership* is laugh-out-loud appalling.  What a bunch of weasels.  Until they clean and sanctify themselves from all of wierwille cult, top to bottom, thoroughly and throughly............they are a blight on the body of Christ.   They disappoint and diminish and destroy by seeking opportunities for filthy lucre's sake.  Beware of their pernicious ways as they twist and pervert words to indulge and profit in this seduction.  They seek those who've had their minds grooved with cult indoctrination and servitude, rather than do the hard work of reaching others.

Beware of cults.  Beware of groupthink.

"In individuals, insanity is rare;  but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule. "       Friedrich Nietzsche

Edited by skyrider

I stumbled on the facebook page of a guy I knew in the early 1970s. He had a comment on there that went something like "If you have anything bad to say about Dr. Wierwille, stay off my page." Just like the commercial for the office supply store says, "That was easy!." :doh:

4 hours ago, skyrider said:

YET.......the newly-exited corps have NO interest in uncovering these lies, deception and fraud.  The leaders of splinter groups WANT to keep trekking on the SAME PATH OF BUTTS-IN-SEATS with nary a glance at how or why The Way International came crashing down.  Rico and his clergy-lieutenants are now the men in charge!!!  They get to stand at the podium and "teach the word" to others.  They fly here.  They hold classes there.  In Montana, they had a camp outing and taught on the birds, animals and creation of God.  Ain't it great?    ppffftt.

4 hours ago, skyrider said:

READ it in mrs. wierwille's book.  The dots are easy to connect.

Or perhaps the Dotsies are easy to connect. :wink2:

Okay Brother Skyrider, please refresh our memories. What is the title of said book? Is there any place that book can currently be obtained?

Edited by Rocky

Birds of a feather flock together.......people of similar interests, background, ideas or characteristics will often congregate or hang out with each other, people who have similar ideas or values tend to stick together.

Mrs. Wierwille's book chronicles the men and women who were instrumental in vp's learning and development.

• At the E. Stanley Jones Ashram (retreat) in North Carolina 1944....young wierwille and nearly 200 others present. [p.48]
  • Rufus Moseley was a main speaker at this retreat.....and became a mentor, visiting vpw on two different occasions. [p. 52]
  • Inspired by Perry Hayden's teachings on agriculture and tithing.....wierwille firmly held to the doctrine of the tithe. [p. 55]
  • Glenn Clark and his Camp Farthest Out....utilizing the great outdoors to encourage peace, love, prayer and tranquility. [p. 56]
  • E. W. Kenyon....he was fixated on "Study to shew thyself approved unto God...."  His great work and writings inspired vpw. [.76]
  • Foreign Missions in Honduras 1951.....Bertha Scheidt was a devoted, tireless worker in many educational programs. [p.77]
  • At "The Divine Healing Convention" in Tulsa 1951, wierwille was instructed to seek out the man J. E. Stiles.  [p. 78-80]

According to this book, Rev. Stiles was able to answer all of wierwille's perplexing questions and to help him receive into manifestation holy spirit.  This marked a turning point in vpw's quest of the holy spirit field and solidified his emboldened stance that he was unable to find answers in colleges and universitites, in churches and classrooms or mission fields.  The churches were unable to fulfill his need.

• Starr Daily was a guest speaker......in and out of prison in his younger years, and published Love Can Open Prison Doors.  [p. 82]
  • Albert Cliffe was zealous over "the law of believing."  He was instrumental in promoting Let Go and Let God.  [p.94]
  • .......* Mrs. W. puts Cliffe on page 94 (out of chronological order --  January 4-8, 1953).
  • .......Why?  It put more distance (in the book) from connecting Leonard's Feb 1953 class to Wierwille's Oct 1953 class.
  • B. G. Leonard, whom vp met in Tulsa 1951......ministered healing over the phone to Mary Wierwille and she was healed. [p.87,88]
  • Leonard's class "The Gifts of the Spirit" was the foundational cornerstone and rock.....and vpw made it his own.  :doh:   [p. 90,91]
  • .....Picture of vpw in Leonard's February 1953 class.  [p.90]
  • .....Picture of Dotsie and Don in Leonard's June/July 1953 class [p.91]

THEN......page 99, "In October 1953, Dr. Wierwille taught the first Power for Abundant Living class, which was held in the basement of St. Peter's Church.  The first two classes were called "Receiving the Holy Spirit Today."  The name was then changed to the broader title that fit better with the entire scope of what the class covers.  Also, "Power for Abundant Living" would have a greater and broader appeal to people, especially to those not from religious backgrounds."

.................p. 100, "The people who had been part of B. G. Leonard's class on 'The Gifts of the Spirit' were considered graduates and not included in the rosters of Dr. Wierwille's classes."

• Translation:  Wierwille's class WAS LEONARD'S CLASS.  The two carloads of people who attended the June/July 1953 class and were not included in the rosters of new students of this October 1953 class.  They were already grads......and did not pay the registration fee (imo). 
  • Also, the name of the class was changed.  Marketing strategy and distancing it further from Leonard's work.

Page 101, 102.......Dr. E. E. Higgins attended vpw's class and she was the person who introduced wierwille to the great and influential works of an Englishman named E. W. Bullinger (1837-1913).   She gave wierwille his first Companion Bible and a copy of Bullinger's How to Enjoy the Bible.

The dots connect.

Wierwille claimed to have intricate inroads into the holy spirit field.

Yet, in all my years (corps, staff and clergy).......I never saw wierwille operate any of the revelation or power manifestations.  Not once.

In conclusion, to me.......Mrs. W's book documents how wierwille was a searching opportunist, looking for a niche like all the other renegade preachers, itinerants and guest speakers who traveled the circuit thru the late 1930s - 1960s.  Birds of a feather flock together.......and wierwille found his shtick in compiling, plagiarizing and marketing the works of E. Stanley Jones (Abundant Living - 1942), to Leonard's foundational class (1953), to E. W. Bullinger's research work (Companion Bible and How to Enjoy the Bible).

Unwittingly, this book reveals a paradigm that debunks the myths and mystique of victor paul wierwille.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, skyrider said:

In conclusion, to me.......Mrs. W's book documents how wierwille was a searching opportunist, looking for a niche like all the other renegade preachers, itinerants and guest speakers who traveled the circuit thru the late 1930s - 1960s.  Birds of a feather flock together.......and wierwille found his shtick in compiling, plagiarizing and marketing the works of E. Stanley Jones (Abundant Living - 1942), to Leonard's foundational class (1953), to E. W. Bullinger's research work (Companion Bible and How to Enjoy the Bible).

The "birds of a feather" were flocking together OUTSIDE the church denominations.

Wierwille didn't like the confinement and structure of answering to church boards.  He was free-wheeling in his decision-making.  Running with renegade preachers, traveling "scholars" and guest speakers......it gave wierwille complete flexibility and control to "do as he fool-well pleased."  Sin included.

Claiming to be "the man of God".......was a bridge too far.

A rambling preacher, yes. 

The man of God for the whole world......no.  :nono5:

dmiller posted here about Leonard's account.  According to Leonard, vpw came up to take BGL's class one time. Then vpw requested permission to teach BGL's class locally on a one-time basis. Leonard consented.  He was told the class went off and was sent a photo of the graduates.  That's the last he was told.

What Leonard found out LATER was that vpw left out that the class was Leonard's. He taught it entirely as his own class. That was why the original classes had no syllabus. vpw would have had to refrain from the printed syllabus of "Gifts of the Holy Spirit" and get around to retyping it as the syllabus of "Receiving the Holy Spirit Today."  vpw continued to teach that class.  Later, vpw added Stiles' book "Gifts of the Spirit" to Sessions 9-12, retyped Stiles' textbook as the White Book, and added the contents of Bullinger's book on the holy spirit (to the White Book and 9-12) and "How to Enjoy the Bible" (which became Sessions 5-8).   As he added material, he also split off the Intermediate Class from the other material (first as the "TIP" class for "Tongues Interpretation and Prophecy", then stretched out as the full Intermediate class.  The classes were amalgams of the material of others, rearranged and occasionally reworded so they sounded less like the authors.

• 2 years later...
On 10/28/2019 at 12:57 AM, WordWolf said:

dmiller posted here about Leonard's account.  According to Leonard, vpw came up to take BGL's class one time. Then vpw requested permission to teach BGL's class locally on a one-time basis. Leonard consented.  He was told the class went off and was sent a photo of the graduates.  That's the last he was told.

What Leonard found out LATER was that vpw left out that the class was Leonard's. He taught it entirely as his own class. That was why the original classes had no syllabus. vpw would have had to refrain from the printed syllabus of "Gifts of the Holy Spirit" and get around to retyping it as the syllabus of "Receiving the Holy Spirit Today."  vpw continued to teach that class.  Later, vpw added Stiles' book "Gifts of the Spirit" to Sessions 9-12, retyped Stiles' textbook as the White Book, and added the contents of Bullinger's book on the holy spirit (to the White Book and 9-12) and "How to Enjoy the Bible" (which became Sessions 5-8).   As he added material, he also split off the Intermediate Class from the other material (first as the "TIP" class for "Tongues Interpretation and Prophecy", then stretched out as the full Intermediate class.  The classes were amalgams of the material of others, rearranged and occasionally reworded so they sounded less like the authors.

It was TheEvan, not dmiller, who posted it.

"Back to Leonard. Being cataloger of old photos and such, surely you are familiar with the photos of Wierwille's first two "PFAL" classes? Well, most everybody was, as they were published often enough. Did you ever see the rest of them? Like the ones picturing the water baptisms? I did. But i didn't see them in Da Way. I saw them in some old newsletters displayed at BG Leonard's 90th birthday party, which we hosted for him. I was just casually leafing through some old ones and you can imagine the jolt I got when my eyes landed on a familiar picture. It was the old "1st Piffle Class" photo I'd seen so many times.

As you know, Wierwille had recently taken Leonard's class. He returned to O-hiya to teach Leonard's class with Leonard's blessing. The accompanying article was about this Rev. Wierwille teaching CTC's Gifts of the Spirit course to members of his congregatin in O-hiya. Hmmm. Turns out wierwille lied to the man, co-oted the man's work as his own. FAMILIAR PATTERN!"

(From the thread, "Craig and VP's relationship", page 3.  1/17/2005)

• 1 year later...

Until today, I've been behind the times in my knowledge of how major a WAY offshoot there is in Belize, although I'd heard of it. On Amazon I saw they published a book titled Christ in You. I recognized the cover photo: the original group of W.O.W.s that VPW sent out in the summer of 1971. The ones who are still alive no longer stand with TWI. 

They recycle a lot of VPW books, etc. Geez. How did they get the rights to do that? Or do they not care about details like that?

About Us | LTA (ltaschool.com)

Read books online (ourebooks.com)

Edited by penworks

2 hours ago, penworks said:

They recycle a lot of VPW books, etc. Geez. How did they get the rights to do that? Or do they not care about details like that?

Details? Like the thousands of errors that riddle PFAL and the collaterals and Way mags? Details like that only matter if you beleeeve they do. Victor "taught" us that. Hey, I didn't write the book!

They are imitating victor paul wierwille. Above all, they are standing... on his shoulders.

8 hours ago, penworks said:

Until today, I've been behind the times in my knowledge of how major a WAY offshoot there is in Belize, although I'd heard of it. On Amazon I saw they published a book titled Christ in You. I recognized the cover photo: the original group of W.O.W.s that VPW sent out in the summer of 1971. The ones who are still alive no longer stand with TWI. 

About Us | LTA (ltaschool.com)

Read books online (ourebooks.com)

It seems any book buying through LTA routes directly to Amazon where publishing rights of American Christian Press are protected.

Furthermore, It seems anything “published,” sold or offered for download by LTA is nothing more than a transcription of a sermon. That Christ In You book is just a collection of transcribed sermons.

(Existing or non-existing treaties have no bearing whatsoever.)

As I understand it, victor paul wierwille’s sermons are in the public domain. A YouTube channel unaffiliated with TWI uploads transcribed sermons daily.

——

Is it ironic that LTA purports to be on a mission supporting education and literacy and a “lifetime of learning” while at the same time promoting the spiritual flat earth ideology of wierwille and Bullinger?

Good news! LTA makes it possible to donate books directly to those children being indoctrinated. Any ideas for a book I could send?

Edited by Nathan_Jr
Gloved hands

12 hours ago, Mike said:

I simply heard it casually in conversation, and from too many sources to remember, and for many years.

Hearing it in casual conversation (especially with twi followers) is not only no guarantee for truth or facts, but a particularly dangerous method for determining one's understanding of law. Dare I posit especially laws of countries with which we have no experience or other understanding. Just sayin'

• 1 month later...

I gather all kinds of facts this way- or should I call them opinions.  Too many sources to remember.. but generally I do.

I was showing some students the nature of multiplying by the number 9, and the results..

9 X 2 = 18, 1 +8 = 9

9X 4 = 36, 3 +6 = 9

9 X 32 = 288, 2 + 8 +8 = 18, 1 + 8 =9.

I cited my source.  It was from Sesame Street.

Of course it is far more interesting when Muppets are singing and dancing about numbers.. heh

• Upvote 1