GreaseSpot Cafe

The Way --- There's an App for That!

JavaJane

Sometimes I just go on the old twi website to remind myself of how thankful I am to be out.  Took a little look see today and saw they now have an app.  Judging from the dates on the 83 100% 5 star reviews on the Google Play store, it hasn't been out for more than a month.

Lordy, lordy - can you imagine the notifications?  

Sorta feeling a little gaggy now.

Feel free to go check out the app on the apple store or google play and leave a review.

Wow, an app!  Does that count - or not? - as being "on the internet" and therefore in that devil spirit infested place?

I had a quick look through their site.  Boring as heck.  Songs uninspiring, and the performers as wooden as fence posts.

I did notice something else about the site, though, that brings them into modern  age: a Give button - for those who want "to give toward the movement of God’s Word to the entire world."  And there's even an associated email address = "giving@..."  None being given by me, I hasten to add: they've had much more than appropriate over the years I was with them. 

They do have a section where people can "follow" them (108 followers), which might be a way of catching up with some folks' whereabouts.

Edited by Twinky

• 10 months later...
On 11/19/2019 at 5:15 PM, JavaJane said:

Sometimes I just go on the old twi website to remind myself of how thankful I am to be out.  Took a little look see today and saw they now have an app.  Judging from the dates on the 83 100% 5 star reviews on the Google Play store, it hasn't been out for more than a month.

Lordy, lordy - can you imagine the notifications?  

Sorta feeling a little gaggy now.

Feel free to go check out the app on the apple store or google play and leave a review.

JJ, no thank you!!  For perhaps the first time in my life, I am glad I am not "tech savvy. "  I am afraid I would leave a nasty review, and then be mad at myself for doing it.  I think I will stay, far, far away from TWI.

On 11/19/2019 at 6:35 PM, Twinky said:

I had a quick look through their site.  Boring as heck.  Songs uninspiring, and the performers as wooden as fence posts.

I did notice something else about the site, though, that brings them into modern  age: a Give button - for those who want "to give toward the movement of God’s Word to the entire world."  And there's even an associated email address = "giving@..."  None being given by me, I hasten to add: they've had much more than appropriate over the years I was with them. 

They do have a section where people can "follow" them (108 followers), which might be a way of catching up with some folks' whereabouts.

Twinky, I knew they would want money.  Nuts to them!!  I gave them a lot of money, when I was involved.  If I wanted to waste my money, I would play the Lottery, or gamble. 

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/6/2020 at 9:54 PM, Grace Valerie Claire said:

Twinky, I knew they would want money.  Nuts to them!!  I gave them a lot of money, when I was involved.  If I wanted to waste my money, I would play the Lottery, or gamble. 

I gave them money when I hardly had any to give.

1 hour ago, outandabout said:

I gave them money when I hardly had any to give.

Yes ! And when I went through the corps training program I even gave them other people’s money - from my corps sponsors.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1