GreaseSpot Cafe

Make a Pie Chart!

outandabout

piechart.png

Food for thought:  15 years out of my 70 in TWI makes 21% (rounded off).  Googled that as a pie chart.  The green represents TWI time. Gives me a lot of perspective!  So much of my life NOT in a cult and JUST as much my life as the 21%.  Just some musings on a Friday.

piechart.png

Edited by outandabout
duplicate picture
  • Like 2

• outandabout changed the title to Make a Pie Chart!

Think you might need another category.  Life as a whole; time in TWI; time recovering from TWI.  That's a harder time to quantify.  From when one leaves, to the time one stops thinking like a Wayfer, or stops startling at key jargon words that have acquired other meanings; or until one has abandoned unhealthy TWI concepts. 

I call the ten years post-TWI the lost years - I was there in body (even doing things that I ought to have enjoyed), but in such a state that my mind was only partly there and I was actually in a state of profound depression.  I think my recovery didn't start till about ten years after being kicked out, and that was when I discovered Greasespot Café when I was preparing to crawl back to TWI.  After that, it was - what? five years? ten years? - before I think I became a more clear-minded person and got back my enthusiasm for living.  If you take that as 20 years (on top of TWI involvement) that's a very big chunk of pie chart.

I thank God for his great protection and for the kind, loving, genuine, patient and helpful, Christians and other people he put in my way in that 20 years or so

• Like 3