GreaseSpot Cafe

Nanny Splinters.......OMG!

skyrider

Well........to each its own.

Long gone are those days of Hot Bible.  If you want to place your butt in a chair and learn about Lessons in Laughter from the R&R group.....the time has arrived.  Perhaps, that "R&R" moniker would be aligned more appropriately, "Reflection and Retirement."  After lesson and cookies......it's nap time.

Long gone are those days Spiritual Revival.  If this were the weekly standard teaching, then I would have never darkened the door.  Where are those teachings on the Book of Acts?  The Acts of the Apostles....of Stephen or Philip?  Or, the warnings of people like Simon the sorcerer who pawned his work as "some great one?"  Where are the practical, living-breathing testimonies of leaders in the church walking the walk, reaching out to lost and burdened souls, healing the sick, casting out spirits, speaking truth in the face of accusation?

Are other splinters morphing into "nanny splinters"......??  IDK

But......geez, louise.   :sleep1:

It's a reflection of 2 things-  the demand and the supply.

True twi splinters often appeal only to the old-timers of twi, especially when all they offer is nostalgia and no miracles, no effectual prayer, etc.   So, the old-timers may want the second verse to be the same as the first.  They want what they know, even if it wasn't working for them before.

True twi splinters often offer ONLY nostalgia when it's all they have.  If they have no effectual prayer, no miracles, no nothing, and no interested and interesting teachers, all they HAVE is nostalgia.  So, that's what they sell.

(Mind you, there's ex-twi'ers who see new people and have effectual prayers.  Those do NOT rely much on nostalgia, if at all.)

• Like 1

so how old would dottie moanahan be ? in her 70's ? NOW she realises she has been legalistic ??!! WTF ! won't hold my breath to hear any personal apologies come forth from any of them, including my bro-in-law sean str!cTland. On the phone trying to get my wife and 5 kids to leave me after I told twi to 'stick it' . He was 'womanising' before we 'got into the Word' and no doubt well after ,what hypocrites of the highest form of the word.

Uru was doing that?    Womanising? (do you think M knew)?  (Do I want to know the answer to that??)  And trying to get your wife and kids to leave you?  Huh.  

Well I suppose the kids have left you anyway now.  Old enough to be off and with their own families now.  Good for them..  And you and N.