GreaseSpot Cafe

Three movies or Three actors

Raf

20 hours ago, WordWolf said:

Um, the first 3 actors I mentioned were never in a movie called "Lord of the Rings."  Richard Armitage neither. 

On 12/24/2019 at 12:12 AM, WordWolf said:

Andy Serkis        Elijah Wood      Richard Armitage

On 12/20/2019 at 2:13 AM, WordWolf said:

Martin Freeman         Sylvester Mc Coy            Benedict Cumberbatch

9 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

The Hobbit, perhaps?

George

I'd ask for more specifics, but any of the 3 Hobbit movies would be acceptable as a correct answer.   Martin Freeman played young Bilbo Baggins,  Sylvester Mc Coy played Radagast the Brown (a wizard like Gandalf the Grey and Saruman the White), and Richard Armitage played Thorin (Thorin Oakenshield),  all of whom appeared in the Hobbit movies.   (Yes, that's the same Sylvester Mc Coy that was a Dr Who- the one who used the question marks in an attempt to make a marketable symbol for The Doctor.)   So, George was CORRECT.  

He figured out that Lord of the Rings characters were in these movies, and they weren't titled "Lord of the Rings", which left the Hobbit movies, which were set in the same continuity. 

14 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

Sky High?

George

That's it.  For some reason, I didn't recognize BC as "Coach Boomer", but the other 2 were easy to spot.    Can you believe that the actress who played the plant chick was the same Danielle Panabaker who plays Caitlin Snow on "Flash"?

11 minutes ago, WordWolf said:

That's it.  For some reason, I didn't recognize BC as "Coach Boomer", but the other 2 were easy to spot.    Can you believe that the actress who played the plant chick was the same Danielle Panabaker who plays Caitlin Snow on "Flash"?

Yes, though I first saw her as James Woods's daughter on the TV show "Shark."  (Yes, "Sky High" appeared earlier, but I only saw it on cable, afterward.)

I didn't recognize Winstead, but, according to IMDb, she's been in a number of TV series (none of which I've seen).

8MM

Signs

Walk the Line

George

MEW was in the main cast of the short-lived "Wolf Lake", a show that deserved FAR better ratings than it got. Frankly, it's better than a lot of the offerings out there now.    MEW played Sophie Donner, the sheriff's daughter and a character about whom we were waiting for the other shoe to drop.  Seriously, the fans knew that SOMETHING was about to happen, but they dragged that out too long and now it will never pay off. 

Wild swing on the current one just so I can say I said it:  Marshall "Eminem" Mathers? 

5 hours ago, Raf said:

Iron Man

The answer IS "Iron Man."   Clark Gregg appeared in Iron Man, Iron Man 2 and Avengers.    Rhodey has been in several movies- but before his 2nd appearance (Iron Man 2), Terrence Howard asked for more money and was bum-rushed out the door and Don Cheadle was rushed in.   An awful shame- since TH was one of several actors there who really did look like their role, and he was pretty good in the role and was familiar with Rhodey before he was cast.      So, Terrence Howard was in exactly 1 Marvel movie- the one where Clark Gregg was introduced to them.