GreaseSpot Cafe

Three movies or Three actors

Raf

9 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

I haven't seen either movie, but I'll guess David Tennant, as he's one of two Doctors I can actually name.

George

No

3 hours ago, WordWolf said:

I know SANDRA BULLOCK was in " 28 Days."   Is this her?

No.  

It will become obvious ( I think ) after this one more clue but for now here it is.

The Doctor

28 Days

Avalon

Must Love Dogs

4 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

I have seen Miracle on 34th Street, but I'm pretty sure everyone in it was dead by the time some of the other movies appeared.

Natalie Wood?

George

I know Ives was in the original. I have no idea who was in the remake.

No, not Natalie Wood or Burl Ives either.  These movies are not that old and I wouldn't have thought I needed to specify which "Miracle on 34th Street" (my mistake) being that they are all either 90's or 2000' movies but I apparently I do.

Miracle on 34th Street (1994)

The Doctor

28 days (2000)

Avalon

Must Love Dogs

From the Hip

I don't know her that well, but I know that movie fairly well.  (Turns out my DVD of that movie doesn't have any Spanish options- no audio, no SUBTITLES, nothing.  The Marx Brothers DVDs have subtitle options.)    It's my turn now?  Let me think of something. 

Frank Oz       Billy Dee Wiliams     Clive Revill  Ian McDiarmid

Jason Wingreen  Temuera Morrison    Denis Lawson    John Ratzenberger

(Seriously, I only know BDW from something like 3 movies, and this one has neither Michael Keaton nor Jack Nicholson in it.)

5 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

The only movie I can think of with Temuera Morrison in it is Green Lantern, but this certainly isn't that.  With Frank Oz ( and maybe Ratzenberger), I'm going to guess

"The Muppets Take Manhattan."

George

(again, from someone who hasn't seen ANY of the Muppet movies)

This is definitely NOT a Muppet movie.     Denis Lawson is known for exactly ONE role.  Ian McDiarmid is pretty well known for one role, Temuera Morrison also.  Come on, start with Billy Dee Williams and work from there.     Hint- this isn't a movie where Frank Oz was on camera- but this was NOT a Muppet movie.   So, playing who was he?    BTW, Ratzenberger isn't exactly known for this movie, but it's one where he appeared briefly, and I've linked through it before.     BTW, the cross-outs are clues.

4 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

Oz also "was" Yoda, and BDW was in Star Wars movies.  I just don't remember Ratzenberger in any of them.  Well, let's try

The Empire Strikes Back

George

That's it.

I've mentioned before that Ratzenberger was in TESB.  He's the guy on Hoth  who has to seal off the base while Han and Luke are outside. "Your Highness, there's nothing more we can do tonight. The shield doors must be closed."    (Major Bren Derlin,)

(He wasn't named in the dialogue, however.)   Denis Lawson played Wedge Antilles, the pilot who survived both Death Star runs (Episodes 4 and 6) as well as the Battle of Hoth.

The cross-outs were clues because they went back and edited TESB.  The original Emperor was replaced by Ian McDiarmid in the holochat with Vader.  Boba Fett's dialogue was re-recorded later with Temuera Morrison.