GreaseSpot Cafe

Three movies or Three actors

Raf

17 hours ago, WordWolf said:

When George posts lots of famous people, and NOTHING springs to mind, the answer is often

"AMAZON WOMEN ON THE MOON."    (Is it now?   And George, it's your turn on several threads.)

Not AWOTM this time.

Dan Aykroyd           Annette Benning             Brent Spiner

John Candy            Robert Prosky               Stephanie Faracy

There are several other actors, but none nearly as well-known as these.

George

Well, John Candy passed away in 1994. (I can check that without checking any of his roles.)  So, It's unlikely the movie takes place after that (with him in archival footage.)   Brent Spiner got famous in the 80s and got roles in the early 1990s.   With these as the best-known actors, this can't be a Star Trek film. (Patrick Stewart's better known than the last 2 people he mentioned.)        These are the best-known actors in the movie, which is what's stumping me. 

Any chance this was a remake of "1776"?

4 hours ago, WordWolf said:

Well, John Candy passed away in 1994. (I can check that without checking any of his roles.)  So, It's unlikely the movie takes place after that (with him in archival footage.)   Brent Spiner got famous in the 80s and got roles in the early 1990s.   With these as the best-known actors, this can't be a Star Trek film. (Patrick Stewart's better known than the last 2 people he mentioned.)        These are the best-known actors in the movie, which is what's stumping me. 

Any chance this was a remake of "1776"?

No.  Spiner wasn't well-known at the time of this movie.  (He might have had his role in Night Court.)  Candy, Aykroyd, and Benning certainly were.  One might consider looking at other threads for clues...

George

Oddly enough, Martin Freeman and Benedict Cumberbatch both worked on the "Sherlock" television series. However, they also worked together on 2 movies completely unrelated to "Sherlock."  When he was younger, Sylvester Mc Coy had been a Dr Who (he's an actor who's played The Doctor.)

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies. I forgot that I was in the middle of a move.

I'm out of actors whose names you'd recognize, save the lead anti-tagonist and his adversary (the good guy).

They are played by, in no particular order:

Peter Sarsgaard

Hayden Christensen

On 1/12/2023 at 7:14 PM, WordWolf said:

The annoying part is that I know that the last 2 actresses were in the same movie, but I can't remember what movie I was reading about when I read that.

You're thinking of Kids.
It's not Kids.