GreaseSpot Cafe

BIG way announcement hitting tomorrow.

Longhunter

At tomorrow’s STService (March 8, 2020) The Way will announce that they are replacing Jean-Yves De Lisle as President of TWI. 

As many of you know, 4-ish years ago there was a huge push back against Rosalie and she “stepped down” as President, but retained a new position, she controlled everything from this shadow office. She had hand picked De Lisle to do her bidding, but she has been upset that he’s spineless with others (he’s only supposed to be that way with her). This week Rosalie instructed  him to resign and he will be leaving HQ for another role. They will, of course, spin this differently during the announcement. 

His replacement has not officially been selected, but the name I believe to be at the top of the short list is Vern Edwards of Columbus, OH who runs the state here. He worked in the Architecture and Engineering Department at HQ during the 1990s. He’s probably their best pick in that he’s fairly competent and genuinely a decent guy. I guess we will see if he loses that under Rosalie’s thumb.

At this point, it’s safe to say RR is a megalomaniac and has no checks and balances and is really in a bad place mentally. I think we will see either another wave of fallout evacuees (reaction to her loose handle antics) or some major push back against her internally that results in her full removal or a splintering of leadership (more offshoots). It’s just not looking good for them. 

I can update as available.

Edited by Longhunter

4 minutes ago, Longhunter said:

At tomorrow’s STService (March 8, 2020) The Way will announce that they are replacing Jean-Yves DeLisle at President of TWI. 

As many of you know, 4-ish years ago there was a huge push back against Rosalie and she “stepped down” as President, but retained a new position, she controlled everything from this shadow office. She had hand picked DeLisle to do her bidding, but she has been upset that he’s spineless with others (he’s only supposed to be that way with her). This week Rosalie instructed  him to resign and he will be leaving HQ for another role. They will, of course, spin this differently during the announcement. 

His replacement has not officially been selected, but the name I believe to be at the top of the short list is Vern Edwards of Columbus, OH who runs the state here. He worked in The Architecture and Engineering department at HQ during the 1990s. He’s probably their best pick in that he’s fairly competent and genuinely a decent guy. I guess we will see if he loses that under Rosalie’s thumb.

At this point, it’s safe to say RR is a megalomaniac and has no checks and balances and is really in a bad place mentally. I think we will see either another wave of fallout evacuees (reaction to her loose handle antics) or some major push back against her internally that results in her full removal or a splintering if leadership (more offshoots). It’s just not looking good for them. 

Interesting..........................:spy:

Wow!

And then - oh no, not Vern.  I remember him as being a really nice chap, decent, open-hearted.  I don't know how "aware" he would have been when I knew him.  And living in Columbus away from HQ might mean he knows less now than others might.  Don't do it to him, Rosie.  Don't corrupt another decent man.

24 minutes ago, Twinky said:

Wow!

And then - oh no, not Vern.  I remember him as being a really nice chap, decent, open-hearted.  I don't know how "aware" he would have been when I knew him.  And living in Columbus away from HQ might mean he knows less now than others might.  Don't do it to him, Rosie.  Don't corrupt another decent man.

Know what I mean, Vern?

I wish that your exhortation, Twinky, was realistic... but I can't see it falling anywhere but on deaf ears at least in NK, OH.

Just today, I read a review a friend on Goodreads.com posted about James Baldwin's play The Amen Corner.

From the review,

Baldwin has written a powerful play which I had the pleasure of seeing performed recently.

The play teaches us the downsides of fundamentalism. It causes church members not to see their pastors as people with human frailties and it causes pastors to place stringent rules on their congregation who in turn feel it’s impossible to be a Christian in a mostly secular world. As Baldwin’s play closes the reader learns that there are few heroes in this drama but there are definitely antagonists, and it may not be the people you expect.

I'm hoping to borrow a copy of The Amen Corner from one of the local public library's near me.
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Longhunter said:

At tomorrow’s STService (March 8, 2020) The Way will announce that they are replacing Jean-Yves DeLisle at President of TWI. 

(snip)...

Well…so much for the “Open Letter to Jean-Yves De Lisle” thread  

alas...another one bites the dust 

8 hours ago, Longhunter said:

He’s probably their best pick in that he’s fairly competent and genuinely a decent guy

Meh.  No one there impresses me.  They're all still sucking off a tit that should have been condemned 50 years ago.

On 3/7/2020 at 8:50 PM, Twinky said:

Wow!

The question came up as to why none of the princes was chosen.  The answer is obvious when you look at it from Rozilla's point of view.  She wants to remain in charge, but have someone else sit in the chair and be visible, while she controls them.    She also wants that person to be effective.  So, the current guy wasn't as effective as she wanted, so he gets replaced.  She has to replace him with someone who will do as he is told and has no influence of his own.   If she's scared of the current princes, she's worried they'd overthrow her completely once she was in power.  So, she has to go find someone with no power base at hq and try to pull their strings. 

No, this isn't a Christian approach, but it is HER approach.

According to twi, twi is inherently Christian, and superior to other Christian groups in practice and understanding of Christian matters.   The disconnect between their "do as I say"  and their own doings SHOULD provoke outrage among their "followers".  

• 3 weeks later...

Oh ho!  I checked on their website this morning.  This is what it says:  

Board of Directors

Rev. Rosalie F. Rivenbark, Chairman
Rev. Vern Edwards
Rev. Bill Greene
Rev. John Rupp

So - JY out, Vern in.  Bad choice, Vern.

Edited by Twinky

On 3/31/2020 at 5:09 AM, Twinky said:

Oh ho!  I checked on their website this morning.  This is what it says:  

Board of Directors

Rev. Rosalie F. Rivenbark, Chairman
Rev. Vern Edwards
Rev. Bill Greene
Rev. John Rupp

So - JY out, Vern in.  Bad choice, Vern.

I enjoyed working with Michele my interim year.  And Vern was always great to my husband.  Sigh....

• 5 months later...
On 3/7/2020 at 6:40 PM, Longhunter said:

At tomorrow’s STService (March 8, 2020) The Way will announce that they are replacing Jean-Yves De Lisle as President of TWI. 

As many of you know, 4-ish years ago there was a huge push back against Rosalie and she “stepped down” as President, but retained a new position, she controlled everything from this shadow office. She had hand picked De Lisle to do her bidding, but she has been upset that he’s spineless with others (he’s only supposed to be that way with her). This week Rosalie instructed  him to resign and he will be leaving HQ for another role. They will, of course, spin this differently during the announcement. 

His replacement has not officially been selected, but the name I believe to be at the top of the short list is Vern Edwards of Columbus, OH who runs the state here. He worked in the Architecture and Engineering Department at HQ during the 1990s. He’s probably their best pick in that he’s fairly competent and genuinely a decent guy. I guess we will see if he loses that under Rosalie’s thumb.

At this point, it’s safe to say RR is a megalomaniac and has no checks and balances and is really in a bad place mentally. I think we will see either another wave of fallout evacuees (reaction to her loose handle antics) or some major push back against her internally that results in her full removal or a splintering of leadership (more offshoots). It’s just not looking good for them. 

Long, where will JYDL go, now that he is out of TWI?  

On 3/8/2020 at 11:52 PM, WordWolf said:

The question came up as to why none of the princes was chosen.  The answer is obvious when you look at it from Rozilla's point of view.  She wants to remain in charge, but have someone else sit in the chair and be visible, while she controls them.    She also wants that person to be effective.  So, the current guy wasn't as effective as she wanted, so he gets replaced.  She has to replace him with someone who will do as he is told and has no influence of his own.   If she's scared of the current princes, she's worried they'd overthrow her completely once she was in power.  So, she has to go find someone with no power base at hq and try to pull their strings. 

No, this isn't a Christian approach, but it is HER approach.

WW, RR is 81(?).  I have no idea how many years, she has to live, but she is an old lady.  I don't know VE, but he is probably much younger than her.  I am a lot younger than RR, and I can't do today, what I did twenty years ago easily.  Old age catches up with all of us, if we live long enough.  If I was 80+ years old, I would sit my butt down, and enjoy whatever time I have left.

• 1 month later...
On 10/6/2020 at 8:47 PM, Grace Valerie Claire said:

Long, where will JYDL go, now that he is out of TWI?  

He's not out of tWI, just demoted. I think he was placed out west in the northern rockies/plains like in Montana or Idaho or somewhere like that. I can't remember the exact place.

• 1 month later...

Oh vomit.  One more trapped soul in the cult cycle.   Clergy have to accept the crooked picture frame around their spirituality without question.

What a twisting of Gods calling to be ordained by the Way.  Forever in servitude to the incestuous farmers in Ohio,  always in fear of the Pharisees, compromising what you know of the truth of the Word and God to fit it in with the behavior patterns ingrained in a cult.

I would feel sorry for both of them except for remembering what a pompous @$$ Jy was in power.