GreaseSpot Cafe

George Maciver

George Maciver

On 3/24/2020 at 3:57 PM, T-Bone said:

welcome to Grease Spot, George and thanks for sharing your story...I look forward to your input - and along the lines of what Waysider said, a good, civil discussion helps broaden everyone's horizon.

T-Bone, as usual, I look forward to your posts.  I think the key word in your post, is the word, "civil."  Yes, we can agree to disagree, but please let us be civil.  I try to be civil in my posts, but I am sure I might have unintentionally been rude, or disrespectful to others. If I have, please forgive me.  Thanks.

On 4/15/2020 at 5:28 PM, T-Bone said:

Good point – my problem is most of the time I don’t know what I’m talking about …and I’m lazy so I hit the repeat button…ah shoot I’ve said too much already.

T-Bone, not true!!  I think you do know what you are talking about!  I think your posts, are kind, and gentle, and interesting.  Just my POV. 

• 1 year later...
On 3/24/2020 at 5:46 AM, George Maciver said:

Hi, one or two of you have mentioned me in other posts so thought I'd stop in and say hello. Not here to start a fight, not at all, we all have eternal life and when Jesus Christ returns, we will all be together and we will all get to know each other and we all enjoy each others company. I'm looking forward to it very much.

I have no issues with anyone. I have no issues with Victor. I have no issues with Craig. I have no issues with Chris. I have no issues with Robert. I have no issues with Rosalie. I have no issues with Vince, or John, or Ricardo, I have no issues with anyone.

It was on a boat sailing up the Gulf of Aqaba in the Red Sea in 1977 when I first asked God for help and asked him to show me the way. He saved my life, and the next day when we tied up alongside in the port of Aqaba, I got a letter from my sister telling me my cousin Ross Munro was in some weird American cult called The Way. Well, how's that for an answer to prayer? When we got back to Southampton, I resigned from the Merchant Navy, and when I got home, I packed my bags and headed over to Stornoway to find my cousin Ross. Took PFAL in April 1978 and went WOW in London the same year. After that I went to Aberdeen and ran a home church there. It was while I was in Aberdeen Victor died.

No need to go into details on the nightmare that was the next few years, but I kept studying everything that was available. I took Chris' classes, including his Advanced Class. I took Craig's classes, including the so-called leadership tapes. I took a few of Rosalie's new classes, though I can't remember now who the teachers were.

In 2006 I completely washed my hands of the whole mess and settled in the Highlands and had nothing to do with anyone.

Now, this is where my story really begins. What Victor did was pull together a mountain of jigsaw pieces from hundreds of sources and spent his life trying to piece it all together. Chris had a few pieces. Craig, believe it or not, had a few pieces. Rosalie, believe it or not even had a few pieces. I've spent 40 years putting the pieces together and now I can clearly see the big picture that God does not dwell in temples made with hands. Victor didn't see it. If he had, he would have realised The Way International was fast becoming a temple made with hands. He should have dismantled the entire Way Ministry before his death and committed the word to the worldwide home church leaders and given them the responsibility to take the word forward.

The first century church thrived because there was no 'ministry', no headquarters, no structured organisation staffed by 'leadership'. There was no structure of leadership running the first century church. Every home church was self supporting, self governing and self propagating and the gift ministries travelled around and energised their ministries where they were needed. Each home church was the headquarters of the move of the Word in that area. All the tithes and abundant sharing stayed within each home church. The home church leaders were the ones who made the decisions on what was done with that tithe money. There was no centralised 'ministry' headquarters where everyone sent all the tithe money off to. When Paul needed financial support, it was the home church leaders who sent him that support from the tithe monies they were responsible to steward.

Folks, we need to get back to running home churches that are self governing, self supporting and self propagating. We need to walk away from any man made structures, organisations, ministries or religions, because God will have nothing to do with anything man constructs to put his religion into. We don't need no broken cisterns, to paraphrase Pink Floyd. This is a family, we are family, we need home churches where folks can enjoy a family environment to thrive and grow in. A home church leader is the highest position available in the body of Christ. Ever heard that before? No one needs a ministry to tell them what to do. We walk by the spirit with Christ as our head.

All those pieces of the puzzle that Victor and others amassed, I spent 40 years gathering and piecing together. The big picture is now published online and in the public domain. I gave the rights to my work to God, asked him what he wanted me to do with it, and he said publish it to the public domain and that's what I did. I make no money at all from this, not a penny. It's all at my website.

www.walkingbythespirit.com

You can read the three classes for free on your phones, iPads, kindles, laptops, computers, whatever, for free. You can download the classes in pdf and word format for free. Yes, you can buy a hard copy at Amazon but I make no profit on sales of the books and have no interest in making any money from sales of the books. All I have ever cared about was seeing the word live.

Now, can we please quit all the bickering and fire up some home churches and get the body of Christ energised again.

:beer:

Amen!!!!