GreaseSpot Cafe

One man esteemeth one day above another

On 4/19/2020 at 4:26 PM, Twinky said:

Now you're winding Waxit up, Waysider.

I'm not interested in winding anyone up. I'm only saying that, in the context of what we know about history, the existence of Moses as a real person may require a bit closer scrutiny. That's not to say there may not be some even greater sort of metaphoric value in the story of Moses. I think it requires an inquisitive approach rather than quick, unbending refutation.

1 hour ago, Stayed Too Long said:

Would your pearls be better cast in more fertile ground with another website or other persons? Your pearls have definitely been trampled under foot by everyone at GSC who have responded to your posts. I don't know if you realize it, or not,  but you have been turned on and torn to pieces. 

Stayed Too Long

You maybe right! It's funny though- I kid you not, I just listen to the song- "It's time to say goodbye" by Anrea Bocelli and Sarah Brightman
What a classic- Both of them are amazing singers and anyway I enjoyed the song very much and maybe I just need to to sing the song here
and say good bye..
Hey WordWolf I did apologise to T-Bone for some mean things I might have said-
The thing though with you guys, it looks like in a clique, you are comfortable in protecting yourselves and when
a new kid in the block comes is with something you don't like (which is quite clearly a commandment in God's word)
he gets a hiding. Wait till you face Jesus Christ-  and your face will turn pale for rejecting what is clearly a commandment
of God. I have showed you in so many ways why it's an immutable commandment of God- and scriptures, left, right and
centre- I dont have any hiddent agenda unlike TWI. But if you want to analyse yourself not to do God's sabbath keeping
commandment -so be it- all the best-see you at the judgment seat- where I also will be examined

It's like people on gsc gang up on me. I am not saying everyone is like this but most except for one other person
I know and have stayed with and respect
Contrary to what I think I have not be "torn" to pieces ( I laugh)- that's absolutely not true- "torn" is what you think- anyone can talk rubbish without 
focussing on bible chapter and verse and that's what's happeining.
People cannot come back to me and point out what a verse is saying contrary to what I have been pointing out
(I am not boasting- but what I have researched and know- I am to explain- If there is something I cannot explain
I will gladly take time to research it and explain when it is clear to me)
Most people dont do this - they go on about technical analysis- T-Bone would be the best example.
If all you guys are interested in technical analysis rather than the word of God then go for it.
The nay sayers wait for someone to give a reply then they pounce on an insignificant  phrase which they can tear down and just chow down on it
instead of focussing intently on scripture verses and learning the honest truth from the word of God

Thanks for your advice though- I will consider it 

FYI- I started a new thread because I think it was Waysider that suggestedI might be better off starting a new thread
This thread so we can focuss on the bible verses that either shows the importance or the insignificance of 
sabbath keeping. I asked for bible verses to discuss and so far no one has come up with anything to discuss on that
thread

Edited by Waxit

7 minutes ago, Waxit said:

I asked for bible verses to discuss and so far no one has come up with anything to discuss on that
thread

My dad  said you should always consider your sources. That's why I made mention of Moses, as he would be considered the source, or, at the very least, a messenger for the source..

1 hour ago, WordWolf said:

If you're flubbing the less important, people won't trust you with the more important.

Bud- this has nothing to do with the word of God> Yes with the word of God, everysingle detail is important but the word of God is not in 
question here - so dont equate name misspelling with the word of God
Of course i do take into account misspelling but to say -you cant be trusted with more important things- is something you want other people
to aceept unfairly. I thought you were a fair dinkum (aussie expression) but looks like you are showing your true colours- not good
I apologise Allan if i spelt your name wrongly

53 minutes ago, Twinky said:

Waxit, please stop being so insulting.  Particularly towards me (is that because you know me?). 

And do NOT attribute things to me that I haven't said.  There is one VPW worshipper between you and me, AND IT ISN'T, AND NEVER HAS BEEN, ME!  You may think you are not a VPW-worshipper, and you do speak against his behaviour (quite rightly) but (together with an overlay of other things you have read later) you continue to : refer to, quote, use, and otherwise adhere to, many of the things he taught in PFAL, in a way that sounds, whether you mean it or not, like a VPW-worshipper.  .

I was never a VPW worshipper- I am a True God Worshipper and I didnt say you are a vpw worshipper 
I am just saying that he staged a perfect act and that's why most didnt suspect that he was a conman and we devoted many years to a cult
If he had frequent misspellings in his books and bad grammar - maybe we would have suspected him but it was all perfect- so we accepted him
and stayed on but look where it has ended up. The true  heart of a person is a better judge of character and whether you can trust a person to do good
and not lie
So i didnt mean to insult you- so dont take it the wrong way

Edited by Waxit

1 hour ago, Waxit said:

You maybe right! It's funny though- I kid you not, I just listen to the song- "It's time to say goodbye" by Anrea Bocelli and Sarah Brightman
What a classic- Both of them are amazing singers and anyway I enjoyed the song very much and maybe I just need to to sing the song here
and say good bye..
The thing though with you guys, it looks like in a clique, you are comfortable in protecting yourselves and when
a new kid in the block comes is with something you don't like (which is quite clearly a commandment in God's word)
he gets a hiding. Wait till you face Jesus Christ-  and your face will turn pale for rejecting what is clearly a commandment
of God. I have showed you in so many ways why it's an immutable commandment of God- and scriptures, left, right and
centre- I dont have any hiddent agenda unlike TWI. But if you want to analyse yourself not to do God's sabbath keeping
commandment -so be it- all the best-see you at the judgment seat- where I also will be examined

It's like people on gsc gang up on me. I am not saying everyone is like this but most except for one other person
Contrary to what I think I have not be "torn" to pieces ( I laugh)- that's absolutely not true- "torn" is what you think- anyone can talk rubbish without 
People cannot come back to me and point out what a verse is saying contrary to what I have been pointing out
(I am not boasting- but what I have researched and know- I am to explain- If there is something I cannot explain
Most people dont do this - they go on about technical analysis- T-Bone would be the best example.
If all you guys are interested in technical analysis rather than the word of God then go for it.
The nay sayers wait for someone to give a reply then they pounce on an insignificant  phrase which they can tear down and just chow down on it
instead of focussing intently on scripture verses and learning the honest truth from the word of God

FYI- I started a new thread because I think it was Waysider that suggestedI might be better off starting a new thread
This thread so we can focuss on the bible verses that either shows the importance or the insignificance of 
sabbath keeping. I asked for bible verses to discuss and so far no one has come up with anything to discuss on that
thread

1 hour ago, Waxit said:

Bud- this has nothing to do with the word of God> Yes with the word of God, everysingle detail is important but the word of God is not in 
Of course i do take into account misspelling but to say -you cant be trusted with more important things- is something you want other people
to aceept unfairly. I thought you were a fair dinkum (aussie expression) but looks like you are showing your true colours- not good

1 hour ago, Waxit said:

I was never a VPW worshipper- I am a True God Worshipper and I didnt say you are a vpw worshipper 
I am just saying that he staged a perfect act and that's why most didnt suspect that he was a conman and we devoted many years to a cult
If he had frequent misspellings in his books and bad grammar - maybe we would have suspected him but it was all perfect- so we accepted him
and stayed on but look where it has ended up. The true  heart of a person is a better judge of character and whether you can trust a person to do good
and not lie
So i didnt mean to insult you- so dont take it the wrong way

preserved for safekeeping

5 hours ago, Waxit said:

Luke 16:10-11

10 He that is faithful in that which is least is faithful also in much: and he that is unjust in the least is unjust also in much.

11 If therefore ye have not been faithful in the unrighteous mammon, who will commit to your trust the true riches?

========================

Looks like Waxit is on to you, JESUS CHRIST.  You sure fooled me.   Your insistence that people won't trust you with real importance if you flub stuff with the unrighteous mammon, that sounded sensible to me.  However, Waxit's certain it's not proper.    I recall how sincere he is about the Bible and how dedicated he is.  So, if he says one thing and you say the other, than Jesus Christ must be wrong and Waxit must be right. 

• Like 1

"The thing though with you guys, it looks like in a clique, you are comfortable in protecting yourselves and when

instead of focussing intently on scripture verses and learning the honest truth from the word of God."

A) Everybody here has been new here at one time, and mis-stepped.  I know I have.    There are so many different points of view here that if it looks like EVERYBODY is disagreeing with you, you might reconsider if maybe, just maybe, you're so far off that NOBODY can agree with you.   When they ALL agree on something, it's pretty rare.   I mean, when me and Allen ALONE agree on something and disagree with a poster, that's rare and a big warning sign! :)

B) If everybody here who respects the Bible AND believes it disagree with you, and you claim to do both as well-  take it seriously. 

C) I know you THINK you've been logical, and represented the Bible fairly, and that anyone who raised a contrary point was disagreeing with the Bible.   You're seeing a completely different version of the thread than everyone else is seeing.  I know the easy way to approach it is to blithely claim ALL the other posters are hallucinating, hate God, are possessed,  are dishonest, etc.    I'd recommend the other approach-  maybe, just maybe, everyone else sees something you don't.  

D) There's a lot you can learn from the posters here.  However, you have to be ready to consider that people who disagree with you may have something before you can actually learn from the posters here.  "When the student is ready, the teacher appears."

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Waxit said:

and say good bye..
a new kid in the block comes is with something you don't like

(which is quite clearly a commandment in God's word)
centre-

I dont have any hiddent agenda unlike TWI. But if you want to analyse yourself not to do God's sabbath keeping
commandment -so be it- all the best-see you at the judgment seat-
where I also will be examined

(I am not boasting- but what I have researched and know- I am to explain-
If there is something I cannot explain

thread

Perhaps a few definitions are in order to enhance a reader’s experience while checking out this thread. I leave it up to each reader to decide for themselves what is applicable to any posts. If the shoe don’t fit you must acquit. But if the shoe fits – wear it. That’s why I always wear shoes that are a few sizes too big. This way I can accept a lot more criticism than folks with tight fitting shoes. Besides the mistakes, errors and faults I have committed I am also guilty of trying to redeem myself. :redface2:

Clique: a small group of people, with shared interests or other features in common, who spend time together and do not readily allow others to join them…while there are varied interests on Grease Spot, in my humble opinion two of the most common features or distinctive attributes of many Grease Spotters is the indomitable  freedom of thought and the concern for honesty.

I think sometimes newcomers who try to pull a fast one get confused. It’s not that we all think alike or even work from a common playbook of strategies – I can understand how they might think that at first glance, especially when their underhanded tactics get them nowhere.

But to give Grease Spot a fair shake, I would suggest that anyone who feels Grease Spot is cliquish, stick around a little while and look over some old threads. You just might find a very wide assortment of belief systems and viewpoints on many threads.

This is invaluable for seeing the bigger picture which is the other side of the story regarding TWI – revealing its dark underbelly. People are individuals – unique and complex human beings – so experiences are varied – so the stories are varied. Personally, I think everyone has the right to salvage or hold onto whatever they want from their TWI experience. Folks can even try to sell others on what they think is the greatest thing since rightly-divided bread. But don’t be surprised if during your sales pitch you get some flak from folks who want to shakedown every claim, every assertion to see if it rings true or makes sense. Believe it or not we have a Grease Spotter who claimed on a couple/ a few threads that PFAL is God-breathed. :confused: yeah, I know  ...

Psychological manipulation    is a type of social influence that aims to change the behavior or perception of others through indirect, deceptive, or underhanded tactics. By advancing the interests of the manipulator, often at another's expense, such methods could be considered exploitative and devious.

Guilt-trip: make someone feel guilty, especially in order to induce them to do something.

Self-righteous: having or characterized by a certainty, especially an unfounded one, that one is totally correct or morally superior.

pigheaded: willfully or perversely unyielding; obstinate; stubborn; bull-headed.

anti-intellectualism  :    hostility to and mistrust of intellect, intellectuals, and intellectualism, commonly expressed as deprecation of education and philosophy and the dismissal of art, literature, and science as impractical, politically motivated, and even contemptible human pursuits. Anti-intellectuals present themselves and are perceived as champions of common folk—populists against political and academic elitism—and tend to see educated people as a status class that dominates political discourse and higher education while being detached from the concerns of ordinary people.

Hidden agenda: a secret or ulterior motive for something; A wish or plan to implement a particular idea without telling anybody, even though people may be affected in a negative way.

Ulterior motive: ulterior motive (plural ulterior motives) An alternative or extrinsic reason for doing something, especially when concealed or when differing from the stated or apparent reason.

Several of the most frequently occurring  logical fallacies  (I may have missed a few – but these are the most prominent ones I’ve noticed recurring on this thread):

Proof by assertion: a proposition is repeatedly restated regardless of contradiction; sometimes confused with argument from repetition (argumentum ad infinitum, argumentum ad nauseam)

Argument from repetition (argumentum ad nauseam, argumentum ad infinitum): repeating an argument until nobody cares to discuss it any more; sometimes confused with proof by assertion

Begging the question (petitio principii): providing what is essentially the conclusion of the argument as a premise

Cherry picking (suppressed evidence, incomplete evidence): act of pointing at individual cases or data that seem to confirm a particular position, while ignoring a significant portion of related cases or data that may contradict that position

Edited by T-Bone
Revisions R Us

Waxit “It’s like people on gsc gang up on me. I am not saying everyone is like this but most except for one other person I know and have stayed with and respect.”

As Wierwille used to say; “If you have the right key you can open the door.” Obviously, you do not possess the right key.

GSC was set up with the idea of assisting battered, injured people who had finally escaped the clutches of TWI. Wierwille used the Corp women to commit adultery with him. His successor, Martindale, followed in his footsteps. When I say “they used the Corp women” it is more in the context of these “Men Of God,” demanded sexual submission.  After all, these women should serve God’s man, and this certainly included sexually. Go back and read some of the accounts of these abused women…I doubt if some will ever fully recover.

Other people were so full of condemnation when they left, or were marked and avoid, for disagreeing with the BOD. It was hammered into their heads they would be a grease spot by midnight if they turned their backs on God’s ministry. Another favorite attack was they will lose all their rewards if they turn their backs on the Man of God.

These people, (me included), wondered around, often not sure If they would see the next day. Their anxiety level so high, it took all the strength they could muster, to rise out of bed each morning. If it wasn’t for a job to go to, they might never get out of bed, just hoping for the night to come.

I digress because these folks needed an oasis to make sense out of what was constantly swarming around in their heads. Each needed to know they were not the problem! Enter GSC. It was not part of GSC’s mission to say we know Wierwille hurt and used you, but he did rightly divide God’s word, so let’s forgive him, and focus on the Word he so lovingly taught us. No! this remnant of TWI is to expose how corrupt and dishonest Wierwille and the leaders were; not to forgive the rats. Newbies don’t come here looking for the rightly divided word, but for needed support, love, and understanding so they can get on with their lives.

If you are looking for the remnant that places importance on rightly dividing the word, you might check out John Lynn, Gerald Wrenn, Vince Finnigan, or the host of others on-line. See if these men want to rightly divide the word with you.

Coming here and professing you have the rightly divided word. And then proclaim the doctrine, reproof, and correction all must follow to live a righteous life, is not the way to get the key to open the door, you seem to want to open. Look and see how others communicate in this forum. It is more of a friendly discussion than confrontation. Someone throws out an idea and others express their opinion. There is back and forth, give and take, but nothing like the thread you have started. People are not looking to end their daily discussion with, “thus sayeth the lord.”

The key you are looking for, to not getting ganged up on in this forum, is to express your belief’s, and when someone disagrees, accept that their opinion is different than yours.

STOP!

Good luck!

Stayed Too Long

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Stayed Too Long said:

If you are looking for the remnant that places importance on rightly dividing the word, you might check out John Lynn, Gerald Wrenn, Vince Finnigan, or the host of others on-line. See if these men want to rightly divide the word with you.

Thanks pal for pointing me in the right direction and let me know the existing climate in gsc so I know the type of
people I am mainly dealing with.

To all people in this forum, I am sorry if I have hurt in anyway.

I now know what the gsc forum is mainly for and how to handle negative reactions on doctrinal issues and not get defensive
I probably wont be posting here in regards to the word of God (bible) but you are welcome to contact me if you want to know
how the 7th day sabbath fits into God's plan for the salvation f mankind

To all those who read my posts, I know you will not be interested- so that's ok with me- no hard feelings
we are all personally accountable only to the Lord Jesus Christ on judgement day

God bless you all
Regards
Waxit

Edited by Waxit

8 hours ago, Waxit said:
I probably wont be posting here in regards to the word of God (bible)....

What is your reasoning for declining to post in the Doctrinal forum? Is it impossible for you to set aside your strong belief only you have rightly divided the word, and all others have fallen short and left wanting?
I am sure you have other beliefs other than what day of the week the sabbath falls on? Your daily interaction with life cannot be guided entirely by the sabbath day. What other beliefs can you  share that we would be interested in discussing? The bible is a big book offering many principles on how to successfully live by.

Peace

Stayed Too Long

Waxit has certainly made life interesting these past few days.  I can't think of another time when the entire Café was busy throwing buns at one person - not even Mike, with his rather unusual ideas.  When coming from our many varied perspectives, we all spoke with one voice and decried Waxit.

I wish him well, and if he has other input on other topics - get posting!

On 4/21/2020 at 9:38 AM, Waxit said:

It doesnt matter mate- It can be a short form- dont make a big deal of it
Harsh words stirreth up strife but gentle words can break a bone
A Kind word gets the job done but anger produces resistance- especially if it is 
no big deal- like i said it's not a legal document

Have a pleasant day
Waxit

Dude, so many kind words here, trying to effectively communicate important concepts about life, don't seem to have gotten through to you.

Even Twinky's admonitions to you, as kind as they REALLY are.

The kindest thing I can say to/about you is that you respond to people here as if you are completely tone deaf.

IF you "get it," you're thus far not making that known by your words here.

12 hours ago, Waxit said:

Thanks pal for pointing me in the right direction and let me know the existing climate in gsc so I know the type of
people I am mainly dealing with.

To all people in this forum, I am sorry if I have hurt in anyway.

I now know what the gsc forum is mainly for and how to handle negative reactions on doctrinal issues and not get defensive
I probably wont be posting here in regards to the word of God (bible) but you are welcome to contact me if you want to know
how the 7th day sabbath fits into God's plan for the salvation f mankind

To all those who read my posts, I know you will not be interested- so that's ok with me- no hard feelings
we are all personally accountable only to the Lord Jesus Christ on judgement day

God bless you all
Regards
Waxit

This is weepy hogwash.

No one here speaks for me and people need to speak for themselves.  

"rightly dividing" the Word of God has nothing to do with agreeing or disagreeing with the Way or with you. 

You simply have a position that you believe is the correct one and you aren't going to consider that the very scriptures you and many others read and interpret can be interpreted to mean different things. This is something that is easily missed when the emphasis is on specific word parsing. The true understanding of what the Bible teaches about any one thing must be understood through the context of it's history, up to and including the most recent and current records of the N.T. The balance of material will quite literally "Interpret itself"  in the text themselves. 

Yet there will be disagreement. Myself, I just excused myself from the discussion for the very reasons that were noted above - despite the fact that there had been discussion and various forms of disagreement and alternative opinion offered you continued to essentially keep whacking away at the same material, as if writing it again would make it make more sense. It doesn't. 

I just wanted to take exception to your interpretation of what's been written here to mean that those of us who have contributed to the discussion have no interest in "rightly dividing the Word of God"....thats a cheap exit excuse on your part. Many of us do, which is why I took the time to engage you. 

Today Im going to speak to and see a lot of people who share my faith and who don't all agree with each other on certain points of their faith in Jesus Christ, but who all love each other and share together because of that one thing - their faith in Jesus Christ. 

He's bigger than both of us mate - keep your eyes on the Savior and all of this will make better sense and come into perspective. 

PEACE! 

Edited by socks
una vivere, unum lumen, uno modo

2 hours ago, socks said:

una vivere, unum lumen, uno modo

to live together, one light, one way!

2 hours ago, socks said:

The true understanding of what the Bible teaches about any one thing must be understood through the context of it's history, up to and including the most recent and current records of the N.T. The balance of material will quite literally "Interpret itself"  in the text themselves. 

Yet there will be disagreement. Myself, I just excused myself from the discussion for the very reasons that were noted above - despite the fact that there had been discussion and various forms of disagreement and alternative opinion offered you continued to essentially keep whacking away at the same material, as if writing it again would make it make more sense. It doesn't. 

I just wanted to take exception to your interpretation of what's been written here to mean that those of us who have contributed to the discussion have no interest in "rightly dividing the Word of God"....that's a cheap exit excuse on your part. Many of us do, which is why I took the time to engage you. 

Wise words to Waxit... who perhaps would do well to clean the wax out of his ears. :spy:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Waxit said:

Waxit:

"Thanks pal for pointing me in the right direction and let me know the existing climate in gsc so I know the type of
people I am mainly dealing with."

WordWolf: {Boy howdy, does THAT ever sound like someone trying to sneak an insult past everyone.  No, we're a lot more perceptive than Waxit thinks, even if that one would have fooled Waxit.]

"To all people in this forum, I am sorry if I have hurt in anyway."

[We've had a LOT more hurtful things said here, generally on purpose.  (Like someone calling me "the devil")  Usually that doesn't hurt, either.  Disagreeing isn't the same as lashing out because one is hurt.  I don't think you know the difference, but there's a big difference.]

"I now know what the gsc forum is mainly for and how to handle negative reactions on doctrinal issues and not get defensive"

[Actually, you DON'T know how yet, that's why the Ï'll just slip these insults under the radar" technique.  The rest of us here have disagreed with each other and didn't have to get defensive or personal about it.  We've each learned something, and can "agree to disagree." ]

"I probably wont be posting here in regards to the word of God (bible) but you are welcome to contact me if you want to know
how the 7th day sabbath fits into God's plan for the salvation f mankind."

[We're pretty confident that the entire Bible says it no longer plays a significant role in regards to "God's plan for salvation."  You've avoided discussion in lieu of making assertions. That's common among ex-twi that haven't spent enough time free of twi,  or ex-twi that spend a lot of time in a splinter group (depending on the group.)  You haven't actually made the case you THINK you did.  Volume and repetition don't equal "making a case." ]

"To all those who read my posts, I know you will not be interested- so that's ok with me- no hard feelings
we are all personally accountable only to the Lord Jesus Christ on judgement day"

[There goes the blithe accusation that we're comfortable being in error about God.  Cheap shots that are factually wrong don't convince people, and they come off as juvenile.  So, yeah, "no hard feelings", you chowderheads.]

"God bless you all
Regards
Waxit"

[Waxit, I hope you stick around and read around.  You stand to learn a lot from previous threads, and from how to "argue" online, that is, how to present a formal "argument."]

Edited by WordWolf
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, WordWolf said:

We're pretty confident that the entire Bible says it no longer plays a significant role in regards to "God's plan for salvation."  You've avoided discussion in lieu of making assertions. That's common among ex-twi that haven't spent enough time free of twi,  or ex-twi that spend a lot of time in a splinter group (depending on the group.)  You haven't actually made the case you THINK you did.  Volume and repetition don't equal "making a case." ]

You and your group of people that agree with you are entitled to your own opinions.
I have just been on gsc for a a few weeksor splinter group- (I dont give a hoot about TWI or any splinter goup)
 and you think you know everything about me just by reading a few posts- like i havent spend enough of time away from twi
How do you know that??? 
I started a newwthread which invited a people to give me a bible scripture verse that shows 7th day sabbath keeping
being insignificant which contracdicts Exodus 20:8-11 and nobody including yourself has done that
and you stand on the sidelines barking away at my heels
If you are so insistent in me discussing sabbath with people who are not interested, why dont you
give me one bible verse that does show sabbath keeping to be insignificant. I think you are afraid to learn the truth
Listen i am not inerested in long theological debates and wasting time
The bible is very clear about the importance of sabbath keeping in the new covenant relationship with God
As i said i have got no hard feelings for those who disagree with me. You can stick to with what you want to believe
one thing for sure - we will learn the trugh when we come before the judgement seat of Christ and it will be too late then

I know that sometimes I repeat stuff but i do that because it's important. Havent you heard that repitition of vital truths is the mother of learning>
Dont need to comment on what i said- which is what you will continue to do to highlight to everyone that you are right and i am wrong
I am not interested in what you think of me because you dont have a clue of who i am and the heart I have for people

Enough of all this mud slinging to and fro, I challenge you to give me one bible that proves the insignificane of sabbath keeping
or you can reply on the new thread that i started

Edited by Waxit

4 minutes ago, Waxit said:

As i said i have got no hard feelings for those who disagree with me 
I repeat stuff when i think it's important. Havent you rheard that repitition of vital truths is the mother of learning>
Dont need to comment on what i said- which is what you will continue to do to highlight that you are right and i am wrong

Enough of all this mud slinging to and fro, I challenge you to give me one bible that proves the insignificane of sabbath keeping
or you can reply on the new thread that i started

We KNOW you by your words.

Btw, repetition of anything is the "mother" of memorization, not of understanding and certainly not of wisdom.

In case you haven't gotten the message yet, nobody here seems to agree with your premise about the significance of the 7th Day Sabbath.

Discussion of the underlying issues here has been done ad nauseum. 

Another way to look at it is like how Nathan cut to the heart of the issue with King David in II Samuel 12

Here, you're just not considering the possibility that you might learn something if you opened your heart to the wisdom several people here have so compassionately tried to reach you with. 

9 hours ago, Rocky said:

to live together, one light, one way!

Wise words to Waxit... who perhaps would do well to clean the wax out of his ears. :spy:

Res ipsa loquitur

sometimes the facts speak for themselves. 

like a mal practice suit against a surgeon, the classic example of a sponge being left inside a patient. "Negligence", because a sponge wouldn't be left inside a patient after surgery WITHOUT there being some form of negligence. No one in a court case would be debating what leaving the sponge inside the patient is or means - that's already understood by the facts of the case. Thus, the mere existence of that condition indicates negligence, given the established procedures and outcomes of (the) surgery. 

Still and all, a court case and a jury hearing might be necessary to the carrying out of real justice and in so doing it exposes the realities of the case to all angles and approaches. 

Thus viewed, debated, countered and considered the outcome will be what everyone knew it would be at the outset........

Barring some form of....procedural inconsistency or anomaly. Tampered evidence, incorrectly instructed witnesses, etc. etc. etc. 

Thus the voice of the facts and the determinations related to them could end up being set aside for another day or perhaps never to be revisited again. 

Begging the question, if a fact spoke for itself and no one was there to hear it, could be it still be heard?

Producing the answer, of course, that that statement....speaks for itself. 

Edited by socks
As a general rule, 1 pound of apples is equal to: 4 small apples. 3 medium apples. 2 large apples.

12 hours ago, socks said:

You simply have a position that you believe is the correct one and you aren't going to consider that the very scriptures you and many others read and interpret can be interpreted to mean different things. This is something that is easily missed when the emphasis is on specific word parsing. The true understanding of what the Bible teaches about any one thing must be understood through the context of it's history, up to and including the most recent and current records of the N.T. The balance of material will quite literally "Interpret itself"  in the text themselves. 

Mate, Jesus Christ said that "He is the (only)way, the (only)truth, and the l(only) ife" and He is the Lord of the Sabbath
You say we should focus on Jesus Christ- You are absolutely right there
You will obviously agree with me that Jesus Christ is righteous and correct in what He said and practised
So tell me how can someone be Lord of the Sabbath and then consider sabbath keeping insignificant

Forget about TWI - I dont really care what they believe- if there is something good that i learnt
from pfal- it's the keys and principles in rightly dividing the word of God.
In fact there is a lot more than what vpw said- there are 14 rules for enabling one to rightly divide the word of God where there are no errors or contradictions
I also pray to God that He will guide me to all areas of truth

There are no 10,000 ways for everyone to be right. If you belives, yes everybody can be correct with differing opinion and it depends on how you look at it
 then go and join the ecumenical movemnent which is very popular, you will be welcomed there

Let's forget about all the character analysis- what i think about you or what you think about e
Give me one bible verse that proves 7th day sabbath is insignificant 

Edited by Waxit

On 4/21/2020 at 9:33 PM, Stayed Too Long said:

Waxit

I seldom post, but do read most of them, and wonder why zealots, such as yourself, continue to argue your point to such a small group of opponents? You have been going round and round for a goodly amount of time, even attempting to bypass this thread, and begin a new one on the same subject. Why you attempted the new thread is up for speculation, unless you decide to declare the mystery. I notice it has been deleted. either by you or the moderators, for being in the incorrect forum. 

As animate and forceful as you are, I can assume you want as many people as possible to become aware of your strong beliefs. You are very livid in your understanding that the word be rightly divided, so why try to convert the posters at GSC, who repeated divide the  word differently? Using your most persuasive arguments, zero have switched their dividing of the word to your right dividing. Seems you may be beating a dead horse and your time and talents better directed in another avenue. I guess, it is possible you are expending your energies to sharpen and hone your debate skills, and this is a good place to undertake such a measure. There are ample participants willing to sharpen iron against iron.

IMO, and if it was me with such a strong Godly belief with so many rebuffs, it would be time to knock on the next door. As a former WOW Ambassador (twice), when I encountered unbelief at a home, my next move was to hop across the sidewalk to the next house. This was done many, many times in a day over two years. I did not go back to the same unbelieving residence over and over trying to change their minds, and hopefully bring them around to what I was selling. I don't know your background in TWI, but you may have done identical witnessing. 

As a WOW, I was holding forth the word with an overwhelming and strong belief I knew what God wanted for the world. This left all other occupants of the planet in the category of clueless. I gave them one chance to change their minds. Then at the end of the day, with all the other members of my WOW family, we licked our wounds, knowing we had done our best. To keep our moral up we put all those who had slammed their door on us, in the category of unbelievers, or not in God's Household. 

Matthew 7:6 was the scripture we ended the day with; "Do not give what is holy to the dogs; nor cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces." 

Would your pearls be better cast in more fertile ground with another website or other persons? Your pearls have definitely been trampled under foot by everyone at GSC who have responded to your posts. I don't know if you realize it, or not,  but you have been turned on and torn to pieces. 

I believe Matthew 7:6 has been rightly divided?

Stayed Too Long

Thanks

15 hours ago, Twinky said:

Waxit has certainly made life interesting these past few days.  I can't think of another time when the entire Café was busy throwing buns at one person - not even Mike, with his rather unusual ideas.  When coming from our many varied perspectives, we all spoke with one voice and decried Waxit.

I wish him well, and if he has other input on other topics - get posting!

You have asked me for explanation on how i know the 7th day sabbath (saturday)  is the original day that God rested on
How I know this has been continued and not been obscured by calendar changes and I gave you a detailed explanation
and I havent heard boo from here?
Ok! tell me what's all you gsc folks that are throwing buns against me- it will be great if they are fresh and vegan preferred (LOL)
What is the one voice that you are decrying against me in regards to the importance of 7th day sabbath?- Let me know

Regards
Waxit