GreaseSpot Cafe

One man esteemeth one day above another

18 hours ago, Twinky said:

It's not a scripture slug-fest, Waxit.  That's a very TWI-thing ("I know better scriptures than you do").  And don't indulge in adding words in your own PI.

I (and many others) have stated a different view, which you cannot accept.  Fine.  End of.

It's not even what scriptures one knows - it's the ones one acts upon, puts into practice, that matter.  And you cannot see the entire outworking of my faith - but the Lord does - and those who have eyes to see, do.

As usual you have avoided answering the questions- I have asked and i knew that will happen, simply because you cannot explain
the scriptures - you simply cannot answer directly whereas I can, It's as simple as that
I challenged you and you were not able to meet the challenge and now you run around dancing in circles

No, Waxit, you are not answering.  And you are not accepting either my, or other people's, points of view.

I asked, in my longer post yesterday, a few things that I genuinely did want to know.  But you can't or won't answer that.

Anyway - as I said.  Fine.  End of.

2 minutes ago, Waxit said:

It's not a scripture slug-fest, Waxit.  That's a very TWI-thing ("I know better scriptures than you do")

Come on Twinky, in the beginning you were insistent on chapter and test and now since there is overwhelming 
evidence of the 7th day sabbath, you say it;s not a scripture slug fest
I really dont give two hoots about twi and the sex perverts there. They dont have a copyright/patent on the word of God

I really dont care if you know better scriptures- this isnt about who has superior knowledge
This is about sabbath related scriptures and what God is saying in regards to His important 7th sabbath keeping commandment
Exodus 20:8-11 is a direct sabbth commandment of God and everything works of that.
Jesus Christ spefically said, "He didnt come to abolish the law" and yet you claim "Jesus Christ is the end of law"
to which I explained to you- that the word "telos" used shows that Jesus Christ is the purpose for the law of righteousness
But you never agree that your claim that "Jesus Christ is the end of law" was wrong, because if you do that will be another chink
in your armour falling off 
So what you just divert to something else. Is that what you do when you cannot explain or admit that someone else has a valid point
which you don't like

17 minutes ago, Twinky said:

No, Waxit, you are not answering.  And you are not accepting either my, or other people's, points of view.

I asked, in my longer post yesterday, a few things that I genuinely did want to know.  But you can't or won't answer that.

Anyway - as I said.  Fine.  End of.

Ok Twinky -you must admit though you have avoided answering the two scriptures that I have requested for you to explain

Your points of view and other people's points of view and my view must conform to the word of God
There are some things that I can see where people are coming from.
For instance how long was the earth in existence before mankind was created - some say millions and some say billions
But when God says, "Tho shalt not steal"  how many different interpretations are there.?
or when God says, :Thou shalt not commit adultery" in relation to another fellow being. How many differen interpretations are there for you
and the others on gsc have. Can you come up with a different view that it is ok to commit adultery like the twits

If you genuinely want to know something - scripture verse that says 7th day sabbath keeping is not necessary
then either copy and paste here - the portion you want answered,
or reply and lay it down here and I will answser them for you directly, you will see that unlike you i will answer them directly
This much I can do as I have also other things to do 

Oh Waxit.  Please read!!!!  And stop being nasty, and making snarky remarks.  Please.  It's not endearing.

I'm quite willing to agree with you that Jesus Christ is the "goal" of the law.  Its "purpose," as you now say.  I said that earlier.  We all need to develop our relationship with Jesus, the Christ, the Redeemer, King, Saviour.

You are the one who wants "chapter and verse."  You are the one who wants the scripture slug-fest.  You are the one who persists in a view not common here, so you are the one who needs to support it in face of many verses which appear to present something different.

2 minutes ago, Waxit said:

Can you come up with a different view that it is ok to commit adultery like the twits

What the heck has that got to do with this "sabbath" stuff?  Do you think I condone adultery?  You know what I've said personally to you; we had a long conversation about it.  You know I told you about all sorts of that stuff that had been going on both at HQ and elsewhere.  You know how appalled I was.  You know that I was being groomed for this, too.

Stop making out that you are holier than holy, and I'm some sort of ---- I don't know what.  

I have been patient with you.  I am now beginning to get quite riled.  Any more of your insults and I will feel tempted to reply to you in terms that GSC's filters would screen out.

I'm not going to write any more now - the steam coming out of my ears is obscuring my sight.

On 5/20/2020 at 7:23 PM, Waxit said:

I haven't fallen out with you, Waxit.

But I (and many others here) would prefer that you be brief and to the point, and address questions asked of you in simple manner.  I'm still waiting... well, no, I don't expect you to answer now.  

To make it simple - so people can see who is avoiding answering the questions and who is directly answering the questions
Just make it simple in this format so i know your questions- no criticisms and mud slinging
Just like this questions: (1)
                                           (2)

After I have answwred your questions- will you then kindly answer my request for 2 scripture verses that I asked for you to explain 

ALL I WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU NOW, WAXIT, IS YOUR APOLOGY FOR YOUR RUDENESS.

DON'T BOTHER OTHERWISE.  DON'T QUOTE ME.  NOTHING.

24 minutes ago, Twinky said:

What the heck has that got to do with this "sabbath" stuff?  Do you think I condone adultery?  You know what I've said personally to you; we had a long conversation about it.  You know I told you about all sorts of that stuff that had been going on both at HQ and elsewhere.  You know how appalled I was.  You know that I was being groomed for this, too.

Stop making out that you are holier than holy, and I'm some sort of ---- I don't know what.  

I have been patient with you.  I am now beginning to get quite riled.  Any more of your insults and I will feel tempted to reply to you in terms that GSC's filters would screen out.

I'm not going to write any more now - the steam coming out of my ears is obscuring my sight.

Hey chill out
Ok! the example i used  is not in reference to you  because I know you have been courageous
to take your stand against wrong doings by twits leadership
so don't take it personally

I was just using an example - that doesnt apply to you- as i told you have done well in opposing and disagreeing to bad rubbish at twits
Ok! let me use another example so you will understand
One of God's 10 commandments says - thou shalt not steal (no reference to you)
How many different points of view can a person have?  If something is pitch black in colur- it's black -it cannot be white or yellow
In the same vein of thought, the 4th commandment to keep the sabbath is pretty black and white
and i am prepared to answer the anti sabbath bible verses ( which either are not related or read out of context or translation errors)
So what I am getting at when God commands in Exodus 20:8-11- Keep the 7th day sabbath commandment- how can you infer that
God must have meant something else?  This is what I am getting
The simplest way so I can answer your questions (which you said you genuinely wanted to know)
is to list them here in reply under the heading "Questions"  so I cannot ask you again where are your specific questions?

Edited by Waxit

44 minutes ago, Twinky said:

ALL I WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU NOW, WAXIT, IS YOUR APOLOGY FOR YOUR RUDENESS.

DON'T BOTHER OTHERWISE.  DON'T QUOTE ME.  NOTHING.

I apologise if i have offended you. I am apologising because the bible says that if your bro/sis has been offended- go and make peace first
I didnt mean to offend you as I have explained- you have totally, totally misread  and misunderstood me
Dont know if you read my earlier reply

Regards
Waxit

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Twinky said:

You are the one who wants "chapter and verse."  You are the one who wants the scripture slug-fest.  You are the one who persists in a view not common here, so you are the one who needs to support it in face of many verses which appear to present something different.

I agree that the 7th day sabbath keeping is not a common view in gsc- as a matter of fact, it's not a coomon view for the whole world so it's
not surprising that most of christendom and chosen to ignore it.
I have written to you so many scriptures that clearly shows the importance of the sabbath

So to cut the story short- can I ask you the main reason why you believe that sabbath is insignificant
quote me bible verse- one at a time and then i will answer it briefly
The answeres that i gave before when i was excited to share was too long winded
so your question backed up wwith scripture and we will go from there - one objection at a time with a bible verse
so we can see if you have a legitimate biblical reason to disregard the 7th day sabbath keeping

8 minutes ago, Waxit said:

it's not a coomon view for the whole world so it's
not surprising that most of christendom and chosen to ignore it.

Are you from the U.S.? In the southern states, Sunday church (keeping the sabbath) is a way of life unto itself and its roots extend deeply into all aspects of southern culture.

Edited by waysider

8 minutes ago, waysider said:

Are you from the U.S.? In the southern states, Sunday church (keeping the sabbath) is a way of life unto itself and its roots extend deeply into all aspects of southern culture.

They dont keep the 7th day sabbath (saturday) as commanded by God in Exosus 20:8-11

17 minutes ago, Waxit said:

They dont keep the 7th day sabbath (saturday) as commanded by God in Exosus 20:8-11

OK, so now your beef is not that they don't keep the sabbath, but that they don't keep it on Saturday. Is my understanding of that correct?

35 minutes ago, waysider said:

OK, so now your beef is not that they don't keep the sabbath, but that they don't keep it on Saturday. Is my understanding of that correct?

Look I didnt write the bible- this maybe a question you want to ask God. I understand God's directions from the bible and choose to obey Him
rather than go be the traditions of man- i.e keeping the sabbath on sunday which is not commanded anywhere in the bible

You can choose whatever you want

If you read Exodus 20:8-11-  it clearly tells you the sabbath is to be kept on the 7th day of the week (saturday)

It is to be kept from sunset to sunset- so it starts at sunset9whatever sunset time is in their area)  on friday and ends on
sunset on saturday  (Leviticus 23:32)

The above is the biblical sabbath that God commands

If you want more information how this is worked out in the bible, go to:
https://www.sabbathtruth.com/free-resources/article-library/id/915/when-does-the-sabbath-start

18 minutes ago, Waxit said:

It is to be kept from sunset to sunset- so it starts at sunset9whatever sunset time is in their area)  on friday and ends on
sunset on saturday  (Leviticus 23:32)

I'm not sure why you cited this particular verse. It states that the sabbath starts at the end of the ninth day and ends on the tenth.

Couple of other things:

The Bibles says that in the beginning God created such and such. I would logically take that to be day #1. How do you know how that coincides with the days of the week on our current calendar? In other words, how do you know day#1 was a Sunday? I'm pretty sure the Bible does not make that distinction.

Also, I know your statement "Why don't you ask God?" was directed at Rocky, but it's a total cop-out. He asked for your opinion. There's no reason for you to give a flippant response.

8 minutes ago, waysider said:

'm not sure why you cited this particular verse. It states that the sabbath starts at the end of the ninth day and ends on the tenth.

If you read Lev 23:32  carefully, you will see at the end as to when "a" sabbath starts and ends
Lev 23:32

32 It shall be unto you a sabbath of rest, and ye shall afflict your souls: in the ninth day of the month at even, from even unto even, shall ye celebrate your sabbath

Ask twinky for the thread where i explained how the seventh day of the weekly cycle continued from day 1 when god created the world-
it was later that when the babylonial calendar- seventh day was always the seventh day and then when theromans introduced it, the seventh
day was named after the planet saturn and the 1st day which was pagan worship of the sun was called by the pagans sunday devoted to the sun
so the protestant world coninued on worhsippiing on a day that was devored to sun worship contrary to God's commandment to sabbath on the
seventh day- mordern day it's called saturday. The pagan claimed sun day and God created the last day-saturday as the day of sabbath- he
sanctified it as a special day for His people

Also, my comments ask God was not a copout because I honestly don't know. Do you think I have a master key to ener God's mind- you have to be kidding
so you may think you can figure out God- that's your opinion but i honestly dont
But people can pray to God and get answers- Go and read Daniel and see how he enquired of God and god gave him an answer
You know about Daniel right

On 5/22/2020 at 3:46 AM, Rocky said:

You're tired of repeating the same thing over and over again? How do you think God feels about the situation?

Sorry Rocky! I meant to say I honestly dont know what God thinks? Do you?
He will be able to figure out exactly what i am thinking but i wont be able to figure out what he's thinking not in a miilion years- make that all of eternity

Yes, I understand that we're talking about a 24 hour period. (from even until even) Did you really believe people didn't understand that?

The calendar you're citing didn't exist on "Day#1". So, how did you conclude that "Day #1" took place on (what we now call) Sunday?

13 minutes ago, Waxit said:

You know about Daniel right

There's no need to be pompous. Wierwille used that "I didn't write the book" nonsense all the time when he couldn't muster an appropriate response. If you don't know the answer to something just say so instead of trying to shift the burden of explanation to the other person.

16 hours ago, Twinky said:

As you'll be aware, Waxit, the "10Cs" are expanded in the following chapters of Exodus.  I wonder about your take on two things.  One of these is this (and the other is completely unrelated to sabbath-keeping, so not mentioned here):

I shall get back to you on this twinky- i need to do some research so give me some time - I can tell you one thing though that one of the
reasons is you maybe sticking to the strict interpretations of the judaism (religion og the pharisees- man made traditions) but you have quoted
bible verses that i need to examine- srange i dont know if you are responsible for the whole town- where did you get that from- anyway, let me look into it

after i give you an explanation for this, will you then explain your understanding of the 2 bible verses i quoted  that i asked for you to explain

16 hours ago, Twinky said:

“Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy. 9Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10but the seventh day is a sabbath to the Lord your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your male or female servant, nor your animals, nor any foreigner residing in your towns.[/quote/]

which version are you using- the kjv simply says gates. I would assume these are people within one's household

34 minutes ago, Waxit said:

which version are you using- the kjv simply says gates

This is immaterial.

36 minutes ago, Waxit said:

I would assume these are people within one's household

On what evidence do you base this assumption?

Most versions say "in your towns" or "cities."

Waxit, can I recommend BibleHub to you?  Very good and easy to check references, versions, etc, and easy to compare different translations; about a dozen or maybe more are offered for every verse.  And you can compare these verses, to get a fuller sense; read whole chapters; and read many commentaries from many different commentators on verses, passages, customs, etc.

6 hours ago, Waxit said:

As usual you have avoided answering the questions- I have asked and i knew that will happen, simply because you cannot explain
the scriptures - you simply cannot answer directly whereas I can, It's as simple as that
I challenged you and you were not able to meet the challenge and now you run around dancing in circles

6 hours ago, Twinky said:

No, Waxit, you are not answering.

To you both: Na na na... I know you are but what am I? :wink2: