GreaseSpot Cafe

Got a Life!

Raf

An amusing thought just struck me.

As we sit at home (many of us. Most of us?) during this coronavirus scare, GSC has not seen any bounce in activity. And I can't help but laugh.

Remember all those drive-by posters who poked their heads in and said "GET A LIFE"?

Whatever happened to them? Because a lot of us clearly did. GSC was (as it should have been) a resource, a place to seek and find understanding, alternate voices, sympathetic ears. A place to hurt and to heal. The majority of people who stopped posting are, indeed, success stories.

They got a life!

To those who left, to those still here, to those we've lost along the way... Cheers!

This cafe is still open.

Edited by Raf
  • Like 2

Yeah I got a life...just so happens Grease Spot is an enjoyable part of my life. :rolleyes:

Raf, cheers to you and Paw and the moderators and everyone else that keeps this place going.

stay safe!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, T-Bone said:

Yeah I got a life...just so happens Grease Spot is an enjoyable part of my life. :rolleyes:

Raf, cheers to you and Paw and the moderators and everyone else that keeps this place going.

stay safe!

Word!

Me too! :wave:  :dance:

I've got a very good life.  :dance: :beer: :knuddel:

Don't hang out here so much, but I do look in to see if there's anybody new, who I can help to "get a life."

Some of you might enjoy this, a bit zippier than you might have sung it before:

"Drive-By Posters"...ah, those were the days!

Greasespot Cafe is one of the things that helped me to get a post-TWI life. From the early days, when I was still an innie, venting about various nonsensical Way things, to being an almost daily poster and moderator; commiserating with other posters who were getting divorced from hard-core Way cultists to eventually moving on to other things. 

I've had the privilege to meet 30 or 35 of you over the years at the Jack Daniels Weinie Roasts, a wedding, my Oakspear 2002 North American Tour and some of you stopping in Lincoln for a cup of coffee or a beer on your way to somewhere else. A few of you I stay in touch via Facebook or Twitter. 

Since I got out I've changed careers, started a small business as a wedding officiant, as well as developed a photography hobby into a (money-losing, alas, I get paid in CDs and band t-shirts!) side gig. I'm coming up on 15 years of marriage in a few months - best decision I've ever made!

Life is good!

• Upvote 3

• 6 months later...
On 4/10/2020 at 5:33 PM, Raf said:

An amusing thought just struck me.

As we sit at home (many of us. Most of us?) during this coronavirus scare, GSC has not seen any bounce in activity. And I can't help but laugh.

Remember all those drive-by posters who poked their heads in and said "GET A LIFE"?

Whatever happened to them? Because a lot of us clearly did. GSC was (as it should have been) a resource, a place to seek and find understanding, alternate voices, sympathetic ears. A place to hurt and to heal. The majority of people who stopped posting are, indeed, success stories.

They got a life!

To those who left, to those still here, to those we've lost along the way... Cheers!

This cafe is still open.

Raf, bless you, and all the others who keep this cafe open.