GreaseSpot Cafe

just wondering about familiar phrases

T-Bone

When someone says " I’m going to clean your clock” it usually means they are threatening someone with physical harm.

I wonder if a cosmetic surgeon could say “I’m going to adjust your clock” – meaning they will modify the neck, head or body to enhance the patient’s appearance.

Feel free to add your own or one that you’ve heard

“I’m going to turn you ins4ide out:” I can imagine what someone would look like.

means the same as clean your Clock.

Jim Croce’s

“Meaner Than a Junk Yard Dog.” Never heard that expression before this song. The visuals are getting torn limb from limb from a huge Doberman Pincher.

’ Looked Like A Jigsaw Puzzle With A Couple of Pieces Gone.” What a bloody mess he must have been.

(this is one of those IBFs ...invisible but funny posts...I wish you could see it in the original.)

Edited by T-Bone
IBF

8 hours ago, Stayed Too Long said:

“I’m going to turn you ins4ide out:” I can imagine what someone would look like.

means the same as clean your Clock.

Jim Croce’s

“Meaner Than a Junk Yard Dog.” Never heard that expression before this song. The visuals are getting torn limb from limb from a huge Doberman Pincher.

’ Looked Like A Jigsaw Puzzle With A Couple of Pieces Gone.” What a bloody mess he must have been.

Imagine Chuck Norris as a logger - he wouldn't need an axe or tools - he would just walk up to the tree and tear it limb from limb.

Edited by T-Bone
just another random Chuck Norris joke

• 4 months later...