GreaseSpot Cafe

Marked and Avoid 95

Scott S.

Hi all! Wow what a trip this is here. I was marked and avoided in 1995. How many people get to say they were shunned? I became involved in 84 Little Rock AFB Ar. Was a WOW Amb and advance class survivor. They started to get a bug up their butts when I decided all the dead end jobs were dead end and wanted to go to college. The twisted justification on the Ways part was how dare I rely on education and advancement to supply my needs. Also Martindale was becoming a person who seemed far from Christ like. There was already strike one from moving to go to school.My questioning the crap coming out of Loys mouth got me the mark and avoid.  How dare I question.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Welcome to Grease Spot, Scott ! I think marked and avoided is a badge of honor around these parts.

lately I've been getting into Irish Coffee - so allow me to offer you a cup

Irish-Coffee-Recipe-Culinary-Hill-Square

• Like 1

Hello, Scott, and welcome to the Café.  Have a cake from the great selection here, to accompany that coffee from T-Bone.

I was in rez early 90s and boy! did I learn some interesting language from Loy-boy.  As you say - very far from Christ-like.  Good on you for taking a stand and getting out to get some education.  It's doubtless done you more good than endless sessions cleaning things that don't need it, for the umpteenth time, and all the incessant meetings to be told the same things over and over again.

Marked and avoided = badge of honor. Image result for badge of honour

Here's your cake choices:

cakes display.jpg

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/8/2020 at 10:17 PM, Scott S. said:

Hi all! Wow what a trip this is here. I was marked and avoided in 1995. How many people get to say they were shunned? I became involved in 84 Little Rock AFB Ar. Was a WOW Amb and advance class survivor. They started to get a bug up their butts when I decided all the dead end jobs were dead end and wanted to go to college. The twisted justification on the Ways part was how dare I rely on education and advancement to supply my needs. Also Martindale was becoming a person who seemed far from Christ like. There was already strike one from moving to go to school.My questioning the crap coming out of Loys mouth got me the mark and avoid.  How dare I question.

Scott, thanks for sharing your story.  I left TWI, in 1988, after being in for ten years.  I sent WOW, hated it, took the AC, and thought it was a lot of S--t.  I left TWI, quietly, and wish I had left sooner than I did. I had some wonderful times in TWI, but it took up so much of my time, and money, I left.  I know about dead end jobs; I've had more than my share.  Back in 1985, I was tired of being poor, so I joined the Navy.  One woman from the 14th Corps, wanted me to go WOW again, and I decided I was 28, and old enough to make my own decisions.  Life in the Navy, wasn't all Moonlight, and Roses, but it was better than starving as a WOW.  Nowadays, life is good!  I officially retired a year ago, and have money in the bank.  It used to drive me nuts, when people in TWI, told me what I should do with my life. Once I left, I suddenly had more time, and money.  I will always be thankful for TWI, for turning me on to God, but 10 years of my life in  the Ministry was more than enough.