GreaseSpot Cafe

Framed (Name That Flick from one Pic)

Raf

Here's the game:

When it's your turn, post a picture.

Our job: name the movie from that one frame. While it's not required, the spirit of the game calls for us to recall the scene and discuss. Doesn't have to be lengthy. For the person who posted the image, you can (and should) explain why you chose that image and that moment [after it has been guessed].

How to grab a still frame, PC:

1. While watching the movie on your computer, pause at the moment you want to screen cap.

2. Click the windows icon, shift, and the letter S at the same time. You should get a prompt that tells you the image has been snipped or a box asking you to snip it. Make sure you crop only the image (we're not interested in your whole screen).

3. Save the pic.

You can make it easy.

Magic.jpg

You can make it so that someone would have to have seen it to name it.

BennyJoon.jpg

Or you can make it challenging.

Apollo.jpg

It's really up to you.

Edited by Raf

Well, OK, your  easy one is "The Dark Knight"  Is that the scene where Joker makes a pencil "disappear"?  

I don't recognize the second one, though the guy standing on the bench looks a little like Johnny Depp, and the hat the girl is wearing looks like Depp's hat in "Benny and Joon."

The last one is too dark even to guess.

George

The first one is correctly identified.

The second one is Benny and Joon. In that moment, Depp is effortlessly tipping over a bench by walking on it. Aidan Quinn's character tries it a minute later and can't. It shows how talented Depp's character is.

The third one is Apollo Creed emerging from the shadows to become Rocky's ally instead of enemy in Rocky III

Wise guy.

Definition of scene

1 : one of the subdivisions of a play: such as
a : a division of an act presenting continuous action in one place  THIS
b : a single situation or unit of dialogue in a play the love scene
c : a motion-picture or television episode or sequence
2a : a stage setting
b : a real or imaginary prospect suggesting a stage setting a sylvan scene
3 : the place of an occurrence or action : locale   NOT THIS
George

Not quite.  All in one shot is part of it.  When I first saw the movie (in a theater), it just struck me how "comic-book-ey" this scene was.  All the heroes briefly re-group before heading back to the battle.  I really got a kick out of it.

No one has actually named the movie, but I'll just open it up as a FREE POST.

George

5 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

It's a lot easier to post a still, and it fulfills the purpose of this thread.

This one looks like the scene in "Back to the Future" when George McFly clocks Biff for accosting Lorraine.

George

I meant to use both terms (still/frame)  interchangeably.  So, I meant it was one that wasn't captured the specified way, but since it was one regardless, who cares how I got it?  I still posted it.

In other news, yes, that's exactly that moment.    

Why did I go with that one?   It was a split-second decision in George McFly's life, but, as we saw later, it COMPLETELY changed the direction he took.  (For that matter, it completely changed the direction Biff Tannen's life took.)  

(BTW, the "insert other media" command on a post gave me an option to insert either of 2 images I've added to posts sometime in the last 2 decades.  So I think that images might be somewhere even if we don't know links to their galleries.)  

Yes.  Though if you look at stills where he said, "You have chosen...wisely," it looks almost the same.

When I was dating my (now ex-)wife, we had seen the movie together.  Shortly afterward, her parents invited us to a fancy Easter brunch at The Engineer's Club in Houston.  At the time, my two cars were 67 Chevelle Malibu, painted green, with the Green Lantern Emblem on the hood and license plates which said LANTRN, and a 96 Impala Super Sport.  She called and left a message saying that she didn't know which car I planned to bring, but that I should "choose wisely."   I did.  :wink2:

George

I suppose you SHOULD name the movie.

Still, frame, screencap, screengrab. Whatever.

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. How about something a little more challenging (or not, if you're my friend on Facebook)?

Forrester.jpg

Mine is Finding Forrester.

WordWolf is up!

Wikipedia: Sixteen-year-old Jamal Wallace plays basketball with his friends in New York City. A recluse, William Forrester, lives on the top floor of the building across from the court. The kids regularly notice him watching them. One of the boys dares Jamal to sneak into the apartment and retrieve an item. Jamal takes a letter opener only to be surprised by Forrester and inadvertently leaves his backpack behind.

Forrester later drops Jamal's backpack onto the street.

Me again: It's not just that he drops the backpack onto the street. It's that he throws it from his window to the street because he is returning it to Jamal. It's a cool way for two characters to introduce themselves to each other. Later Jamal looks in his backpack to find Forrester has read his journal and writing entries and critiqued them.

Excellent movie from Gus Van Sant, director of Good Will Hunting.

Edited by Raf

Sorry I missed that one.  I'm not sure if I'm picture savvy enough to put anything up on this thread or not?  (I would dearly appreciate learning how to do it).  I'm using windows 7 now and its always been a bit of a drawback for me to post pictures from one media to another (I have no smart phone or any device and will always have it that way).  I usest  to be able to use the right-click method to screenshot something but now I have given up on that.