GreaseSpot Cafe

Framed (Name That Flick from one Pic)

Raf

1 hour ago, Human without the bean said:

Sorry I missed that one.  I'm not sure if I'm picture savvy enough to put anything up on this thread or not?  (I would dearly appreciate learning how to do it).  I'm using windows 7 now and its always been a bit of a drawback for me to post pictures from one media to another (I have no smart phone or any device and will always have it that way).  I usest  to be able to use the right-click method to screenshot something but now I have given up on that.

https://www.lifewire.com/take-screenshot-windows-7-8-10-4049964

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-take-a-screenshot-in-any-version-of-windows/

4 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

I haen't seen the movie, so I may be WAY off here. but

Slumdog Millionaire?

George

You're way off.  This one took place in the US, and you have the wrong ethnicity.  Look closely at the actor in-frame, you've heard of him.   Look closely at the foreground- where, generally, is this taking place?    BTW, if you knew the movie,  you might remember exactly when this was, due both to the hat he's wearing and what, exactly, he's doing with his fingers.

4 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

Alternatively, you can use Google or Yahoo and search images.  If you see the image you want, it's easy to copy and paste.

George

Or go to imdb, look up the movie you want, and see if they have an image that you're looking for.

42 minutes ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

It looks a little like Edward James Olmos, so I'll try "Stand and Deliver."  This looks like a classroom setting.

George

That IS Edward James Olmos.  This IS "Stand and Deliver."   That IS a classroom.

This was the story (Hollywood-style)  of real life math teacher Jaime Escalante, who taught in a barrio school in LA and got his math class to pass the AP Math exam for college.   I have to hand it to Escalante AND his students, that exam is incredibly hard. 

In this scene, Escalante had been making a point about enough education to flip burgers, thus the burger-flipping, complete with burgers, spatula, and Mc Donalds HAT.  He still had it on while talking to a 'too cool for school" type who didn't bring a pencil to class.  Escalante claimed the guy thought he could do the math just with his hands, then showed a trick for remembering the 9 times table using 10 fingers, since the totals of the digits (under 100)  equal 9- 09, 18, 27, 36, 45, 54, 63, 72, 81, 90 (pattern ends here since the next number is 99.)  So, he moved a finger over each time, making 1 and 8, 2 and 7, 3 and 6....

Unfortunately, Imdb does NOT have the image I really wanted, the "put the cuffs on me"  moment.  Lou Diamond Phillips played one of the students.  When the class PASSED the exam, the Board assumed they were all cheating since they responded lockstep the same way. (They were taught lockstep by the same teacher at the same time in the same style.)  When an investigator showed up to try to get a confession from the students, he blew off their claims of passing honestly.  Eventually, LDP's character confessed.  He said he'd gotten the answers for them ahead of time from a school janitor.  *investigators write this down*  "Where can I find this janitor?"   "I strangled him. His body's decomposing in my lockerr."  *holds out his wrists for handcuffs as the class laughs*

11 hours ago, WordWolf said:

Or go to imdb, look up the movie you want, and see if they have an image that you're looking for.

Thank you WordWolf.  I think is would be easier to screenshot something but that ends up a no go when I try it.   Is it the Crtl tab or Shift tab that you use with that function?  I've tried them both before.

2 hours ago, Human without the bean said:

Thank you WordWolf.  I think is would be easier to screenshot something but that ends up a no go when I try it.   Is it the Crtl tab or Shift tab that you use with that function?  I've tried them both before.

I'm not sure.  I posted 2 links to 2 different sets of instructions.  I'd try those.

On 5/27/2020 at 2:48 PM, WordWolf said:

That IS Edward James Olmos.  This IS "Stand and Deliver."   That IS a classroom.

This was the story (Hollywood-style)  of real life math teacher Jaime Escalante, who taught in a barrio school in LA and got his math class to pass the AP Math exam for college.   I have to hand it to Escalante AND his students, that exam is incredibly hard. 

In this scene, Escalante had been making a point about enough education to flip burgers, thus the burger-flipping, complete with burgers, spatula, and Mc Donalds HAT.  He still had it on while talking to a 'too cool for school" type who didn't bring a pencil to class.  Escalante claimed the guy thought he could do the math just with his hands, then showed a trick for remembering the 9 times table using 10 fingers, since the totals of the digits (under 100)  equal 9- 09, 18, 27, 36, 45, 54, 63, 72, 81, 90 (pattern ends here since the next number is 99.)  So, he moved a finger over each time, making 1 and 8, 2 and 7, 3 and 6....

Unfortunately, Imdb does NOT have the image I really wanted, the "put the cuffs on me"  moment.  Lou Diamond Phillips played one of the students.  When the class PASSED the exam, the Board assumed they were all cheating since they responded lockstep the same way. (They were taught lockstep by the same teacher at the same time in the same style.)  When an investigator showed up to try to get a confession from the students, he blew off their claims of passing honestly.  Eventually, LDP's character confessed.  He said he'd gotten the answers for them ahead of time from a school janitor.  *investigators write this down*  "Where can I find this janitor?"   "I strangled him. His body's decomposing in my lockerr."  *holds out his wrists for handcuffs as the class laughs*

So it's GEORGE's turn.

Not just probably.  Definitely.

In this scene, he goes to a bar and starts shooting, to get everybody's attention.  Then he says, "Good people on one side of the bar, scum on the other."  Everybody goes to one side, so he says, "What?  You're all scum?"  So, naturally, everybody runs to the other side.  "This isn't getting us anywhere.  Tell you what.  Everybody out, and if I see you here again, I'll kill you."  Then he greets everyone as they leave:  "Good night.  Drive safely.  I never want to see you again."  Etc.

I don't care what Rotten Tomatoes says.  I think it's a fun movie.  Robert Davi as the bad guy, with only a hint of parody.  Priscilla Barnes as the mayor/love interest.  Watch it.

George

9 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

The Batman movie (1966)?  This looks like the group of ambassadors who get dehydrated by Penguin, Joker, Riddler, and Catwoman.

George

That is correct.   Here's the other 2 pics, since I already saved them....

MV5BZTEyMzMzNjQtYWZlMC00MWFkLTkwODUtY2M2NzgzMWE5MmQzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzc5NjM0NA@@._V1_.jpg

MV5BM2MxZDUyNzAtODc5MS00OThhLWI0NGQtZmNhY2Y0MTk0Y2U2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTAyNDQ2NjI@._V1_.jpg

6 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

This is a bit blurry.  I couldn't find a high-res copy:

image.png

As well as the movie, do you know the Star Trek homage?

George

I know the movie, I know the scene, I know the moment, I know the homage. 

This was "ANIMAL HOUSE."   The scene was the toga party.  The location was the staircase of the Delta House (the Delta House house, if you must.)  One "sensitive" guy was singing a madrigal to a girl, while playing a guitar.   For the record, I recognized it as a real one-   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Riddle_Song

As he began (during a really kicking party), Bluto/Blutarsky (John Belushi)  was annoyed. We saw him roll his eyes as the guy continued.  Just as he was beginning the third stanza, Bluto snatched the guitar from him, smashed it into the wall and the bannister, then handed back what was left of the guitar.  "*shrugs*  Sorry.  *walks away* "

The Star Trek homage.  (Oddly enough, Phil Farrand didn't recognize it when he saw the episode, someone had to tell him about it.)  In the ST:TNG  Robin Hood episode,  ("Q-pid", IIRC), Geordi was dressed as Alan-A-Dale and Worf as Will Scarlett.   As different crew members tried to figure out how to use their equipment, Geordi began playing his mandolin.  BADLY.  After several moments,  Worf walked over,  signaled Geordi to pass over the mandolin, smashed it with a big hit, then handed what was left back to Geordi.  I keep imagining that Worf ended that with "Sorry" but that's almost certainly my active imagination.

2 hours ago, WordWolf said:

I keep imagining that Worf ended that with "Sorry" but that's almost certainly my active imagination.

That IS what happened.  Worf even had the sort of embarrassed look that Bluto did.  It was priceless.

Incidentally, I'd never heard of Phil Farrand.  From Wikipedia:  "Phil Farrand is an American computer programmer and consultant, webmaster and author. He is known for his Nitpicker's Guides, in which he nitpicks plot holes and continuity errors in the various Star Trek television programs and movies, and for the creation of Nitcentral, a website devoted to the same activity."

You're up.

George