GreaseSpot Cafe

Framed (Name That Flick from one Pic)

Raf

4 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

I was going to guess a Harry Potter film, but these kids seem too poor.

Oliver! (?)

George

YES, it is "Oliver!"

Oliver himself was holding up his bowl and asking for more gruel.  That's probably the most famous moment in the movie.  (For those who don't know, the kids picked ONE of their number to ask for more...then let him get into trouble for asking.)     "Please, sir, I'd like some more."

This is a really tough one, not just for the movie, but for the particular scene.

The expression you're seeing is "awe," as in "how the blazes did you figure that out?"

Manhunter.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Oops. Sorry.

This is from Manhunter, the original Hannibal Lecter movie, before Silence of the Lambs. In this scene, the agent figures out how the killer is choosing his victims. This is the agent's boss giving him a "how in the fresh actual hellfire did you figure that out" look.

Excellent movie. Highly recommended.

Here's an easier one:

CallOffChristmas.png

4 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

Inconceivable!!!

"The Princess Bride," of course.  I'm not sure if they're planning to kidnap Buttercup or deal with Wesley, in this scene.

George

Their first appearance in the movie, kidnapping Buttercup.

2 hours ago, WordWolf said:

Their first appearance in the movie, kidnapping Buttercup.

I think my favorite scene is Vizzini telling Fezzik to kill Wesley:

"You!  Giant!  Kill him your way!"

"What is my way?"

"Hide behind a boulder; and when he passes by, smash his head in with a big rock!"

"Uhhmm...my way is not very sportsmanlike."

:biglaugh:

George

They were SURE the studio were going to stop them from using that name.  They were getting to call her "HONEY Galore" once the studio vetoed the original name.

One episode of "Late Night with Conan O'Brien" had Conan try to interview "the oldest living spy."   We got a very elderly actor playing a Bond-type, alongside an elderly femme fatale, and interrupted by a very elderly Bond villain.     Her name was "Pu$$y Aplenty."   Both the spy and the villain kept calling her by her first name.  Conan kept breaking into their dialogues.  "I insist we call her 'Miss Aplenty' instead!"      I really don't remember much about the skit- the funny part was Conan interrupting to KEEP saying that.

I kinda miss the old filter, where that word was rendered "wimp"   and the feces swear-word was rendered "upset."     I just remember some speculation as to whether or not lcm was gay (with that being the reason he lashed out at them so much), where someone disagreed because he "liked wimp too much."   

Time for another wild swing......   was this the remake of "THE DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL? "   This moment has the feel of a global announcement, at any rate.