GreaseSpot Cafe

Framed (Name That Flick from one Pic)

Raf

16 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

No.  The cheery Jesus ("Buddy Christ") was a creation of George Carlin's character in "Dogma."  He thought it was awful that the representation of our Savior was always such a downer.  :dance:

George

George was correct!    

As messed up as that character was, I think he had a point.  There's been depictions of Jesus smiling and so on in recent years.   Also complected like he's from the Middle East. 

See how easy that was?

Of course, not having seen the movie, Raf wouldn't know what the scene involved.  In a celebration after the defeat of the Nazis, a Russian general (through his interpreter) asked if Patton would join him in a drink.  Patton's response, "I'm not drinking with any Russian son of a b-tch."  The interpreter was loathe to relay that message, but Patton insisted.  The Russian replied that he thought Patton was a son of a b-tch, as well.  Patton laughed and said he WOULD drink, as "one son of a b-tch with another."

George

4 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

See how easy that was?

Of course, not having seen the movie, Raf wouldn't know what the scene involved.  In a celebration after the defeat of the Nazis, a Russian general (through his interpreter) asked if Patton would join him in a drink.  Patton's response, "I'm not drinking with any Russian son of a b-tch."  The interpreter was loathe to relay that message, but Patton insisted.  The Russian replied that he thought Patton was a son of a b-tch, as well.  Patton laughed and said he WOULD drink, as "one son of a b-tch with another."

George

Never saw the movie, but that's a neat moment.