GreaseSpot Cafe

Framed (Name That Flick from one Pic)

Raf

9 hours ago, Human without the bean said:

Austin Powers in Goldmember

CORRECT!

I was going to say he wasn't Austin, but "Austin Powers in Goldmember" is the actual title!

In other news, the guy in the picture was NIGEL Powers, Austin's Dad, played by Michael Caine. (Nigel's played by him.)

Your turn!

I can't get the link to open up.  Be patient with me.  There's only 800 different ways these days to do this.  I just need to figure out what I did before and how to do it now.  New computer, snipping tool has now become (or will be soon) snip & sketch. The cloud?  What exactly is that?  Wait?  Google says it data storage but who owns it?  

You know, I may as well give this up to a free post until I can figure out something.  I like this thread a lot.  So it should motivate me to figure it out quicker.  I'll be back!  Probably not with that in the post.  Arnolddddddddddddddd......OUT! 

FREE POST

I could only guess George, (about nudity) and probably not I would say, or I could be wrong but considering their policy against profanity it doesn't seem like it would be acceptable.  Anyway, I am not playing right now, still having some glitches with my computer, but it's a real early Steve Martin movie, probably one of his earliest.  As a matter of fact, I just learned what his feature movie debut was and surprisingly, found it to be "Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band".  But this doesn't look like that.

Edited by Human without the bean

Nothing is cropped out. Especially not the towel around the neck of the guy in the background.

It's not mentioned in the movie, but the guy wearing the weird helmet is a particularly good skiboxer.

You guys have Most Definitely GOT to see this movie. I think (OW!) it's way underrated.

Edited by Raf
detail

11 hours ago, Raf said:

Nothing is cropped out. Especially not the towel around the neck of the guy in the background.

It's not mentioned in the movie, but the guy wearing the weird helmet is a particularly good skiboxer.

You guys have Most Definitely GOT to see this movie. I think (OW!) it's way underrated.

Oh.

Then, yes, I definitely saw this movie.  I forgot because I didn't like it, and thought the low-budget BBC-TV production done years before was greatly superior.  In fact, Mrs Wolf thinks the only improvement in this version was Alan Rickman's voice for Marvin.

This was "THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY."

In the eponymous book (about the guide of the same name), the description of Zaphod Beeblebrox included that he had 2 heads, and he had added a third arm under his right arm to help improve his skiboxing.  Nothing else was ever mentioned of skiboxing after that.  (Unless it was in Book 5 or 6.)

If I pictured Arthur Dent in any way resembling the movie version, including him with a towel and robe would be a big clue.  I might have remembered Marvin despite him looking nothing like his description in the book.  BTW, the TV costume for Marvin actually appeared in the movie somewhere- it was the head of the tall, metallic robot in the background somewhere.

It's a scene that's not in the book. We learn that on the Vogon homeworld, every time someone has an original thought, a "spatula" of sorts comes up out of the ground and smacks them in the face. So if a character said "I think..." WHACK!!!!

Great scene. Underrated movie. I enjoyed it quite a bit.