GreaseSpot Cafe

Framed (Name That Flick from one Pic)

Raf

36 minutes ago, WordWolf said:

This HAD TO be from Star Wars, because I remember the musical score playing at this moment.   But which one?  We have a black and a white guy, I'm going with "SOLO."      

You're right on the Star Wars theme playing during the scene...I gave away half the title in my first post.

Hey WordWolf and all,

sorry I jumped the gun - 

On 12/16/2020 at 11:55 AM, WordWolf said:

Uh, you're supposed to answer the current turn FIRST.

it took awhile for me to realize what you meant by the first quote - that you were addressing me; however in defense of my stupidity :rolleyes:  I had assumed that WordWolf had nailed the picture - but in reality he never mentioned the title of the movie The Green Lantern - he just said he hadn't watched it - but never said the title.

On 12/15/2020 at 11:20 PM, WordWolf said:

Would you believe I still haven't seen this movie?   Still haven't seen a good review of it, either...  Makes for an interesting bad guy, though.

so oops my bad

On 12/16/2020 at 11:58 AM, WordWolf said:

This HAD TO be from Star Wars, because I remember the musical score playing at this moment.   But which one?  We have a black and a white guy, I'm going with "SOLO."      

also - I just have to ask you about this post; the fact that you described the Star Wars score playing in the background of my picture, makes me think you KNEW the movie - but when you went on about which Star Wars movie it was, makes me wonder if you were trying to help others figure out the title - since the picture is obviously NOT from a Star Wars movie and someone might remember the soundtrack was from Ferris Bueller's Day Off - or were you just messing around or trying to throw everyone off the trail.

As for why I didn't mention the GL movie by name, I was hoping someone new would know the answer and jump in.  Sometimes, one of us knows the answer and alludes to it without saying it, so someone else has a chance.  (Very rarely, I do that and realize I wasn't even close to the right answer....)

So, I was hoping you'd name the movie. Since you didn't, I did, then handed my turn over to you so it was your turn fair and square. 

4 hours ago, T-Bone said:

also - I just have to ask you about this post; the fact that you described the Star Wars score playing in the background of my picture, makes me think you KNEW the movie - but when you went on about which Star Wars movie it was, makes me wonder if you were trying to help others figure out the title - since the picture is obviously NOT from a Star Wars movie and someone might remember the soundtrack was from Ferris Bueller's Day Off - or were you just messing around or trying to throw everyone off the trail.

A) I was buying a little time for everyone else.

B) I mentioned the music, hoping to spark someone's memory.

C) After that, I was just messing around and having some fun.  After all, if it actually HAD been a SW movie, it would have had to include both of those guys.   That MIGHT sound like some scenes in "Solo."  (I actually haven't seen that one, either.  Amazing how many movies are identifiable even if we've only seen commercials or previews, isn't it?) 

Just for the record I didn't need anything to spark my memory.  Vividly, flying red convertible in the sky with a big city in the background on a bright sunny day and two guys looking like they are living life to the fullest.  Definitely Ferris Bueller.

6 hours ago, Human without the bean said:

Just for the record I didn't need anything to spark my memory.  Vividly, flying red convertible in the sky with a big city in the background on a bright sunny day and two guys looking like they are living life to the fullest.  Definitely Ferris Bueller.

Which means, of course, that you're up.

George

Man does that kid's face looks familiar...I have no clue of the movie...he looks sad - like the car he's in is pulling away from a friend of his...a super-hero movie? a sci-fi movie? A couples' break up movie and he's their kid? ...car looks to be an older model - 80s? Is that an old person in the front passenger seat? just thinking out loud...is that a Boston Red Sox hat he's wearing? Does this take place in Boston or generally in Massachusetts? Don't think I've seen this movie - so guess I better shut up.

Edited by T-Bone
questions, questions and more questions

All I want for Christmas is to know what movie that is.

...which reminds me Merry Christmas, seasons greetings, Ho Ho Relo, happy Kwanza, a merry Festivus for the rest of us, belated Hanukkah (or Chanukah if you prefer) to all ! 

I tried again yesterday but I have trouble with the technology.  I'm able to download easily sometimes and others I can't get anything to work.  I have a feature now called Snip & Sketch but I'm beginning to think that it isn't the right thing to use.   Any help with this would be much appreciated.  I have been trying to download another picture for a few days WordWolf

12 hours ago, Human without the bean said:

I tried again yesterday but I have trouble with the technology.  I'm able to download easily sometimes and others I can't get anything to work.  I have a feature now called Snip & Sketch but I'm beginning to think that it isn't the right thing to use.   Any help with this would be much appreciated.  I have been trying to download another picture for a few days WordWolf

I don't know what operating system you have - I have Windows 10 and you can press Windows key + SHIFT + S and then follow to prompts - see picture below...I also have a screen capture app called Snagit which is how I took a picture of the screenshot instructions (sounds almost like a wheel within a wheel)

take a screenshot using windows + shift + s.jpg

Edited by T-Bone
formatting - not to be confused with the risky question "are you sure you want to format C drive?"

56 minutes ago, Human without the bean said:

Alright lets give that a shot, thanks if its works for me T-Bone.

mystic bad day.png

ok - I think I've got it - that looks like Sean Penn in the picture - I looked up Sean Penn movies and hit on Mystic River - story of 3 men who were childhood friends...looked into the actors who portrayed the young boys and found a picture - with the one boy with red ball cap

Mystic River_3 young boys.jpg

so my answer is Mystic River...by the way I never saw that movie - so it was tough for me to figure out - really appreciate the extra clue - thanks !

Edited by T-Bone
revision

7 minutes ago, WordWolf said:

I'm thinking of 2 movies with cars shooting through traffic.     I'll try one, then the other, if nobody beats me to it.

I'll switch out my first answer and go with  "THE FRENCH CONNECTION." 

French Connection is correct, WordWolf.

I like info on how a movie was made; some interesting details on filming that scene;  the lady with the stroller was a stunt person but the filmmakers had no permit, the streets were not cleared - but they did have police and some film crew do traffic control - however one unsuspecting driver/car (not part of the film) was hit - if interested click on link below

French Connection chase scene shot on uncleared street

I remember a criticism of "Star Wars Episode 2- Attack of the Clones."  The critic complained of the rule "show, don't tell" for movies.   We were told Anakin was reckless.  When we saw him supposedly flying recklessly in pursuit of an assassin, we didn't see him with REAL disregard for traffic.  A contrast was drawn between that scene and "Popeye" Doyle in the scene you showed.  So, once again, I got one of a famous scene from a movie I have yet to see.  (Is it really good?  Should I see it?)