GreaseSpot Cafe

Framed (Name That Flick from one Pic)

Raf

1 hour ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

Looks like some sort of Euro-Ghostbusters.  :rolleyes:

George

that's so funny George :biglaugh:

10 hours ago, WordWolf said:

Can we get another image, please?   Same movie, but of something else in the movie, maybe?

okay - here goes

Run+Lola+Run+film.jpg

42 minutes ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

I thought I didn't know this one.

Now I'm certain. :jump:

George

what are you certain of - that you don't know it - or you do?  :biglaugh:

1 hour ago, T-Bone said:

what are you certain of - that you don't know it - or you do?  :biglaugh:

He's certain he doesn't know it.

On the other hand, it's a movie I've meant to sit down and watch, but keep forgetting.   The title, let's see.....

*thinks*

I used this one in a Before-and-After once.... It's Run something.....

"RUN LOLA RUN."

39 minutes ago, WordWolf said:

He's certain he doesn't know it.

On the other hand, it's a movie I've meant to sit down and watch, but keep forgetting.   The title, let's see.....

*thinks*

I used this one in a Before-and-After once.... It's Run something.....

"RUN LOLA RUN."

You are correct, WordWolf !!!!

I love this movie ! A couple of the big themes you'll find running throughout the movie are free will versus determinism and our actions have consequences.

I haven't seen Hot Fuzz...I like Simon Pegg - but the only movies I've seen him in are the later Mission Impossible movies, the rebooted Star Trek movies   - - - and... Shaun of the Dead - the only movie that I think would fit with your picture is Shaun of the Dead.

9 hours ago, T-Bone said:

I haven't seen Hot Fuzz...I like Simon Pegg - but the only movies I've seen him in are the later Mission Impossible movies, the rebooted Star Trek movies   - - - and... Shaun of the Dead - the only movie that I think would fit with your picture is Shaun of the Dead.

CORRECT!

It IS "SHAUN OF THE DEAD."

Shaun was a lousy planner.  Whenever he tried to make or amend his plans to get through the movie,  he kept assuming that the hard parts would be easy, and his plans would ALWAYS end with him and everyone making it in one piece to his favorite bar, The Winchester, where he imagined he could just wait out a Zombie Apocalypse while relaxing and having a few beers.   So, the illustrations of his plans ALWAYS ended up showing some variation of this very image- in this case, with his ex-GF getting back together with him, and his Mom and his best friend also making it there unharmed.

10 hours ago, WordWolf said:

CORRECT!

It IS "SHAUN OF THE DEAD."

Shaun was a lousy planner.  Whenever he tried to make or amend his plans to get through the movie,  he kept assuming that the hard parts would be easy, and his plans would ALWAYS end with him and everyone making it in one piece to his favorite bar, The Winchester, where he imagined he could just wait out a Zombie Apocalypse while relaxing and having a few beers.   So, the illustrations of his plans ALWAYS ended up showing some variation of this very image- in this case, with his ex-GF getting back together with him, and his Mom and his best friend also making it there unharmed.

yeah - I think there's something about the characters Simon Pegg plays that I've seen - they have a touch of similarity - when he gets into a situation that is outside his comfort zone - he's sort of a I'm-not-really-cut-out-for-this-sort-of-thing-not-really-my-cup-of-tea  kind of guy.

== == == ==

ok - next movie

duel-690x288.jpg

Edited by T-Bone
revision

ok - here's another scene...and to give you the main idea of the movie - the car/driver and the truck are in just about every scene of the movie...The script was adapted from a writer's own short story, he  got the inspiration for the story when he was tailgated by a trucker while on his way home from a golfing match with a friend on November 22, 1963, the same day as the John F. Kennedy assassination...the film marks the feature length directorial debut of a well known director...this director's assistant came upon the short story in Playboy magazine - after reading it she then went into his office plopped it down on his desk - in his own words he described the incident - "I started laughing because she's giving me a Playboy to read, and she said, 'Don't look at the girls, read the short story. It is right up your alley.'"

duel-peterbilt-6_499x375.jpg

Edited by T-Bone
added more details

32 minutes ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

I wish you had given a little longer after giving your last clue.

I read "Duel" in Playboy and remember when the movie came out.  (For some reason, I think of it as a made-for-TV film, but maybe that's because I saw it on TV and not in a theater.)

George

sorry about that...issue another demerit to the new guy...I saw it in '95, a friend loaned me his copy of it on VHS.

I think it's your turn - since you would have got it.

Edited by T-Bone
revision

Darn - I should have paid more attention to the articles :biglaugh: ...

don’t know - I haven’t seen “Fast Times at Ridgemont High” - believe it or not - but that looks like Sean Penn 

1 hour ago, WordWolf said:

It's a LOT easier if you're logged off when you see the thread, and instead of the pic, the name of the movie and its year appear.

But I would have remembered that scene between Spicoli, Mr Hand, and the class and pizza without trouble. 

what ?!?!

that sounds like cheating :biglaugh:

I propose we have a safe word for when one needs to interrupt a tough round - like 

supercalifragilisticexpialidocious   :rolleyes: ...well...just a thought