GreaseSpot Cafe

Framed (Name That Flick from one Pic)

Raf

4 hours ago, T-Bone said:

Darn - I should have paid more attention to the articles :biglaugh: ...

don’t know - I haven’t seen “Fast Times at Ridgemont High” - believe it or not - but that looks like Sean Penn 

It is, indeed, "Fast Times at Ridgemont High."

It wasn't until almost the very end, when Mr. Hand goes to Jeff Spicoli's home to reclaim "his time" before letting him go off to prom, that I recognized the scene from the Playboy short story.  The movie, of course, had many scenes not in the story.

I refused to pay several dollars JUST to look at photos of naked women, so I almost always read the articles.

T-Bone's turn.

George

48 minutes ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

It is, indeed, "Fast Times at Ridgemont High."

It wasn't until almost the very end, when Mr. Hand goes to Jeff Spicoli's home to reclaim "his time" before letting him go off to prom, that I recognized the scene from the Playboy short story.  The movie, of course, had many scenes not in the story.

I refused to pay several dollars JUST to look at photos of naked women, so I almost always read the articles.

T-Bone's turn.

George

I never paid for the magazine ...just one of the many perks of having an older brother...not to mention all the hand-me-down clothes  :biglaugh:

== == == ==

ok - next movie - if you can't figure it out just use WordWolf's "shortcut" :rolleyes:

vanishingpoint1971_94681_1201x784_053120

Edited by T-Bone
revision

1 hour ago, T-Bone said:

what ?!?!

that sounds like cheating :biglaugh:

I propose we have a safe word for when one needs to interrupt a tough round - like 

supercalifragilisticexpialidocious   :rolleyes: ...well...just a thought

The image will be titled SOMETHING.  Sometimes it's a bunch of letters and numbers.  Other times, it's something that gives away the movie.   If you don't make sure the title doesn't give away the movie (changing it if necessary), then someone wandering in might see the title with the image,  or in this case, instead of the image. 

I didn't "cheat". I read the thread and what was posted.  George has admitted he forgot to change the title so he accidentally left the answer up.   Nobody's perfect- I was warning George of his mistake after you got the right answer.

5 minutes ago, WordWolf said:

The image will be titled SOMETHING.  Sometimes it's a bunch of letters and numbers.  Other times, it's something that gives away the movie.   If you don't make sure the title doesn't give away the movie (changing it if necessary), then someone wandering in might see the title with the image,  or in this case, instead of the image. 

I didn't "cheat". I read the thread and what was posted.  George has admitted he forgot to change the title so he accidentally left the answer up.   Nobody's perfect- I was warning George of his mistake after you got the right answer.

yeah I get it - and I don't believe you cheat...since I'm severely limited on the file size for captured pictures - I have to go with a URL link - and can't change the URL wording/numbers I will have to make sure the link doesn't give it away. thanks

5 minutes ago, Human without the bean said:

Next picture please if the next player wouldn't mind.

please clarify - am I disqualified? not like I didn't deserve it...so sorry guys...I'm like a super-ball in a china closet.

On 1/15/2021 at 4:09 PM, T-Bone said:

vanishingpoint1971_94681_1201x784_053120

Got it George...Hey Human - first picture was the one I quoted here - at gunpoint in car

and this is 2 shots of the final scene of the movie - the approach...

vanishingpoint02B.jpg

and a few seconds later

maxresdefault.jpg

the bottom line ( :rolleyes: ) - if you've seen this movie, the ending pictured above is a dead giveaway - I'm not aware of many movies that have such a downer of an ending.

Edited by T-Bone
revision

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/16/2021 at 7:47 PM, Human without the bean said:

I saw the first picture but what I couldn't tell was whether the post had been solved from the friendly banter?  Now clearly, I have no idea what this is?

That makes two of us.

We'll need some more help, before this thread disappears...

George

29 minutes ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

That makes two of us.

We'll need some more help, before this thread disappears...

George

sorry guess I picked a real oddball...

here's a picture of the car/driver and the predominant action going on throughout the whole movie

p8BGi5Zv74z7A3l6Qc8enIYB6Pq.jpg?format=1

and from Wikipedia:

"...The story was based on two actual events: the disgraced career of a San Diego police officer and a high-speed pursuit of a man who refused to stop and was killed when he crashed into a police roadblock. Infante modeled the character of Super Soul after legendary rock and roll singer The Big Bopper. His script reflected the popular counterculture lifestyle of the time, containing elements of rebellion, drugs, sexual freedom, and rock and roll…

…The ending (and implicitly the theme of the film) has been the source of much debate, including one interpretation that the entire film is a post-death flashback after the car crashes into the bulldozers. The viewer is left guessing why Kowalski insists on driving to San Francisco immediately and then drives heedlessly across four states to his death. Kowalski says only, "I gotta be in Frisco 3 o'clock tomorrow afternoon." When Jake scoffs that Kowalski is putting him on, Kowalski says, "I wish to God I was." "

1 hour ago, WordWolf said:

There's a few movies that Stanley Kowalski might have been in. 

"On The Waterfront?" 

the character's name in this movie is indeed Kowalski - I don't know if he was given a first name. Played by actor Barry Newman...On the Waterfront came out in 1954...This movie came out in 1971...and the car that Kowalski is driving is a 1970 Dodge Challenger R/T...ah yes this car - Wikipedia gives some more details about its use in the movie:

"Stunt Coordinator Carey Loftin said he requested the Dodge Challenger because of the "quality of the torsion bar suspension and for its horsepower" and felt that it was "a real sturdy, good running car."

Five Alpine White Dodge Challenger R/Ts were lent to the production by Chrysler for promotional consideration and were returned upon completion of filming. Four cars had 440 engines equipped with four-speeds; the fifth car was a 383 with automatic. No special equipment was added or modifications made to the cars, except for heavier-duty shock absorbers for the car that jumped over No Name Creek."

Edited by T-Bone
typos & formatting

ok - as you know the movie is Vanishing Point ...I like how the plot of the whole movie is on the poster: the chase, the desert, the shack, the girl, the road block, the end   :biglaugh:

il_794xN.929031502_bfhe.jpg

== == == == ==

well..if you want me to try another...here goes

Vanilla-Sky.jpg

Edited by T-Bone
revision

2 hours ago, Human without the bean said:

No question this is Vanilla Sky.

you are correct - Vanilla Sky !

a little know fake trivia - when it premiered in Paris they had French Vanilla Sky on the marquee     (just kiddin')

sacre bleu ,this tread iz no joke, mon ami !