GreaseSpot Cafe

Framed (Name That Flick from one Pic)

Raf

4 hours ago, Human without the bean said:

I just watched Ben Hur yesterday.  What an epic movie.  But this doesn't look like anything from that.

No Ben-There Dunn-That...

it’s Monty Python’s Life of Brian

did he say blessed are the cheese makers or was it blessed are the grease makers?

52 minutes ago, T-Bone said:

No Ben-There Dunn-That...

it’s Monty Python’s Life of Brian

did he say blessed are the cheese makers or was it blessed are the grease makers?

Actually, it was a metaphor for dairy producers in general.  :biglaugh:

"Life of Brian" it is.

The scene was probably my favorite from the film, where a Roman centurion catches Brian attempting to write "Romans, go home" on a wall.  The centurion chides him for poor grammar and orders him to write it, correctly, 500 times!

George

1 hour ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

Actually, it was a metaphor for dairy producers in general.  :biglaugh:

"Life of Brian" it is.

The scene was probably my favorite from the film, where a Roman centurion catches Brian attempting to write "Romans, go home" on a wall.  The centurion chides him for poor grammar and orders him to write it, correctly, 500 times!

George

yeah - I knew that - I was trying to be funny, my "first thought" was "blessed are the grease spotters" - but figured I was pushing the envelope of my comedic license (which was suspended in 2016)...

anyway - here's what's next...how about something a little kinky

malygnx.jpg?w=900

13 hours ago, WordWolf said:

It's the messiah!

30 minutes ago, WordWolf said:

He's not the messiah- he's a very naughty boy!

29 minutes ago, WordWolf said:

For the current one, I'd got with "High Anxiety", but Cloris Leechman is way taller than that.

Thanks for your help - from your first quote - I new it was a silly movie but couldn't fine tune it until you jogged my memory of Brian always being mistaken for the Messiah.

You are correct on High Anxiety - it's your turn...the still shot is of Nurse Diesel (love that name) kneeling so she can get a straight shot at spanking Harvey Korman.

The Black Hole

movie is a little bit cheesy - kinda talkey and maybe they didn’t know if they wanted to do a sci-fI or a ghost story or something  - but I still liked the movie - Maximillian the red robot is a bada$$ and most special effects are good.

Edited by T-Bone
Typos

10 minutes ago, T-Bone said:

The Black Hole

movie is a little bit cheesy - kinda talkey and maybe they didn’t know if they wanted to do a sci-fI or a ghost story or something  - but I still liked the movie - Maximillian the red robot is a bada$$ and most special effects are good.

Correct!

I've never sat through the whole movie.  I tried to read the book at the time, but it didn't hold my interest.  That was a long time ago, so maybe either or both would be interesting to me now.

It’s been ages since I’ve seen it; but after you brought it up I kinda want to watch it again...Tonto talked me into getting a pedicure with her and our daughter...after we’re done here we’ve got a couple of errands to run...when I’m back home I’ll post a movie scene - I already know what I want to do.