GreaseSpot Cafe

Anyone else?

J Nnnn

Hello all. So just recently, someone I've known almost my whole life (because of TWI) just fell back into my life after several, several years. We got stoned and talked about TWI for hours. She told me when she was five, after her parents got divorced, she went to live with her mom, and her dad moved far away. TWI told her and her eight year old brother that their dad passed away. Three years later, her parents remarried(. I was young but I remember being at the wedding) So at this point she was eight, her brother eleven, both old enough to know enough about death, and asked why they were told that he had died, and everyone they asked (parents and TWI) pretended like they had know idea  what they were talking about. Just wondering if anyone has any input or any similar stories about weird death stuff like that.

Thanks yall be safe. 

Wow. that is weird.  I can see that some of the liars at TWI might deem someone who'd left as "dead" but how very unfair to little children, to be told that one of their parent is dead, when basically all they' done is walk away from the strictures of TWI.

2 hours ago, J Nnnn said:

Hello all. So just recently, someone I've known almost my whole life (because of TWI) just fell back into my life after several, several years. We got stoned and talked about TWI for hours. She told me when she was five, after her parents got divorced, she went to live with her mom, and her dad moved far away. TWI told her and her eight year old brother that their dad passed away. Three years later, her parents remarried(. I was young but I remember being at the wedding) So at this point she was eight, her brother eleven, both old enough to know enough about death, and asked why they were told that he had died, and everyone they asked (parents and TWI) pretended like they had know idea  what they were talking about. Just wondering if anyone has any input or any similar stories about weird death stuff like that.

Thanks yall be safe. 

it's classically known as gaslighting. It's psychological abuse, plain and simple.

A form of intimidation or psychological abuse, sometimes called Ambient Abuse where false information is presented to the victim, making them doubt their own memory, perception and quite often, their sanity. The classic example of gaslighting is to switch something around on someone that you know they're sure to notice, but then deny knowing anything about it, and to explain that they "must be imagining things" when they challenge these changes.

A more psychological definition of gaslighting is "an increasing frequency of systematically withholding factual information from, and/or providing false information to, the victim - having the gradual effect of making them anxious, confused, and less able to trust their own memory and perception.
Your spouse begins telling you things that never really happened. For instance, he says that last week he told you he was going to go to the bar with his buddies this Monday night, but you never remember him telling you that.
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, J Nnnn said:

Hello all. So just recently, someone I've known almost my whole life (because of TWI) just fell back into my life after several, several years. We got stoned and talked about TWI for hours. She told me when she was five, after her parents got divorced, she went to live with her mom, and her dad moved far away.

TWI told her and her eight year old brother that their dad passed away.

Three years later, her parents remarried(. I was young but I remember being at the wedding) So at this point she was eight, her brother eleven, both old enough to know enough about death, and asked why they were told that he had died, and everyone they asked (parents and TWI) pretended like they had know idea  what they were talking about. Just wondering if anyone has any input or any similar stories about weird death stuff like that.

Thanks yall be safe. 

Saying that to a little kid is just plain cruel – besides being wildly foolish (what if the child crosses paths with the supposedly dead parent?) And if I’m understanding your story right – that’s exactly what happened when the divorced parents remarried…I think if you told a kid something like “your dad never loved you anyway” would be pretty psychologically damaging all by itself – but to say “your dad is dead” presents a totally hopeless situation to the kid. Now it appears there’s no way to verify that or improve on the relationship.

Anyway  - how horrible to do that to kids…I’ve never personally heard of death “stories” like that but I’m familiar with TWI’s other manipulative and divisive tactics to force people to choose between family/friends/loved ones and “The Word”.

• 3 months later...
On 6/27/2020 at 12:15 AM, T-Bone said:

Saying that to a little kid is just plain cruel – besides being wildly foolish (what if the child crosses paths with the supposedly dead parent?) And if I’m understanding your story right – that’s exactly what happened when the divorced parents remarried…I think if you told a kid something like “your dad never loved you anyway” would be pretty psychologically damaging all by itself – but to say “your dad is dead” presents a totally hopeless situation to the kid. Now it appears there’s no way to verify that or improve on the relationship.

Anyway  - how horrible to do that to kids…I’ve never personally heard of death “stories” like that but I’m familiar with TWI’s other manipulative and divisive tactics to force people to choose between family/friends/loved ones and “The Word”.

T-Bone, yes it is horrible.  I never understood why so many of us were forced, to choose between TWI, and our families.  I personally think, families are the anchors, that keep us going through the rough spots of life.  My family told me years ago, that TWI, was a cult.  But, I was young, and naive, and thought I knew better than they.  Thank God, they stood by me after I left.