GreaseSpot Cafe

Atlantic Hurricane/Tropical Storm Watch 2020

Raf

Once again, the storm has intensified much more quickly than first calculated.  Already a Cat 2, almost a Cat 3.  Current estimations (guesses) have it strengthening to Cat 4, then backing off to Cat 3 by landfall Friday.  The "cone" is pretty much the state of Louisiana.  I believe that this will be an active map:

cone graphic

George

On 8/12/2020 at 12:39 PM, Raf said:

Might as well put all the cones and whatnot in one place instead of a thread for every storm.

I will be focusing on Atlantic storms, given that Pacific storms don't really affect GSC participants much.

I also want to apologize for focusing in the past on storms that are headed for Florida and then losing interest once I'm out of the cone. I usually expect others to jump in once that's done, but that doesn't seem to happen a lot.

So anyway, let us begin with...

Raf, what a year 2020 has been for some people.  Covid, hurricanes, dirty politics, ect.  I think we should cancel the rest of the year, and move forward to 2021.  I know this is not possible, but I think 2020 may go down, as the worse year in American History, since 1968.  For everyone living in hurricane prone areas, I wish for you, and your loved ones to be safe.  I have several siblings who live in Florida, and I pray for them to be safe also.