GreaseSpot Cafe

Looks like The Way joined the 20th century?

JustThinking

I haven't been on this site lately so I'm a little out of date.  Out of morbid curiosity, I searched on the (what I thought was) marked and avoided evil internet.  Turns out TWI have a web site now AND mobile apps?!!!  I guess the whole mark and avoid the internet thing was rescinded?  It would be fun to ask my old state coordinator about that.  He was the one who roasted me for pointing out (in front a large group) the irony of sending that new/old policy to us via EMAIL!!!!  :asdf:

Wow that sounds like the makings of a SNL skit, Just Thinking.. Yeah the way they’re slow to adopt certain modern things they’re almost Amish-esque in some ways …as they hobble along in the 21st century I’ve noticed they still have to rely on some archaic strategies – like classes and advances being held in abeyance due to the pandemic - see their website   TWI's event schedule changes due to the pandemic  

• Like 1

Hey, they even have a "Contact Us" form on one of their pages.

Almost worth giving it a try (with false information and a temp email address) to see what the outcomes might be.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Twinky said:

Almost worth giving it a try (with false information and a temp email address) to see what the outcomes might be.

Now that you’ve let the cat out of the bag - you’ll probably get a response like “Twinky, is that you?”

Hey, T-Bone, I said "almost" - d'ya know, I don't care about them enough to even want to bother razzing them up a bit.

57 minutes ago, Twinky said:

Hey, T-Bone, I said "almost" - d'ya know, I don't care about them enough to even want to bother razzing them up a bit.

Too late – since TWI usually thinks in absolutes – “almost” doesn’t count – and since you’ve already confessed it into the senses realm, there ain’t no telling how the Adversary will use it; TWI’s response to any suspicious emails will probably be something like “Did Twinky put you up to this?”

(P.S. Twinky - I'm always wondering how far I can push the comedic envelope  :rolleyes:   )

Edited by T-Bone
revision
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/3/2020 at 12:33 PM, Twinky said:

I'd just be curious if there was still a Way presence here in Nebraska. When I left in 2001 there was one anemic twig composed mainly of two families. It was considered an "outlying fellowship" of the Kansas City Branch. I officiated at a wedding a few years ago and all the old timers from that twig were there (the groom was the son of a Wayfer) but I didn't want to talk to them

1 hour ago, Oakspear said:

I'd just be curious if there was still a Way presence here in Nebraska. When I left in 2001 there was one anemic twig composed mainly of two families. It was considered an "outlying fellowship" of the Kansas City Branch. I officiated at a wedding a few years ago and all the old timers from that twig were there (the groom was the son of a Wayfer) but I didn't want to talk to them

I'm not sure how many, but I'm pretty sure there are still Wayers in Nebraska.