GreaseSpot Cafe

A new announcement!!

OldSkool

Wow - I didn't know being debt free was a requirement for taking the Advanced Class...but now that they're waiving that requirement for the two Advanced Classes in 2021 - I wonder if they will accept an I-owe-you for class payment  :evilshades:  ...anyway they're probably scrambling to get something together because of dwindling numbers, folks buying homes, cars, school loans, etc....makes me think of back in the day - they had a minimum of 7 students requirement to run a PFAL class, but I helped run many a class with less than 7 due to various circumstances...concessions were made :biglaugh:

Edited by T-Bone
emoticons run amuck

And he says all that with a great big smile on his face, and something of a chuckle in his voice.

Love the way he says, TWI wants to help people become debt-free.  I bet they have no idea of preparing a proper budget (a genuine budget to help a needy family that can hardly feed and clothe the kids), making arrangements with creditors for full or partial repayment on terms, what state or other benefits the people might be entitled to; and getting effective help from charities, power companies and other like organisations. 

I have helped hundreds of people become debt-free and I love doing it.  I just don't need to shout about it.  I've seen folks come into my office, crying and weighed down with worry, and clutching bags of unopened letters from creditors and maybe courts, fearful of the knock on the door and of answering the phone; quite literally sick with worry.  No food in the cupboard, and with what little money there is left, making the choice between "heat" and "eat" (and exactly who eats) - a difficult choice, in midwinter.

And I've seen those same people walk out a couple of hours later, still crying, but this time from joy - because someone listened, cared enough, and helped them make a real plan to get out of their debts, calmed their creditors, and gave them a fresh start.  Oh, and also some food vouchers or a Foodbank pass, and perhaps also a little money on their utility bill so that there could be a little warmth in the home.

I don't see where TWI has suddenly got the expertise to do that.  TWI's idea is: give us your money because if you don't pay your dues to God, ie, TWI, God won't even spit in your direction (as if God ever spat on anyone!).  Pay us and somehow your debts will magically go away.  Yeah, right.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Love the way they're making the first a special class from 1-9 May, so that participants don't have to take two weeks off work.  So thoughtful!

Without even opening the video....

I think it's cute how they changed the logo.  Used to say "word over the world", with the Aramaic approximating that ("word over the inhabited earth".)   Now it says "the prevailing word" with, apparently, its translation into Aramaic.   It was lcm whose delusions announced "the word was over the world" after their membership numbers collapsed, and who announced the new motto was "the prevailing word" in one variety or another.   lcm's been booted but his delusion is still center-stage.

Neat how their RIDICULOUS, UNGODLY "no-debt" policy is being relaxed somewhat.  No word on if people kicked out over it are welcome to return, of course. They'd have to admit they were wrong all along.   Worse, there were people who explained this clearly in the beginning, but twi's upper cadre turned a dear ear back then.  Now, they're looking at ways to increase revenue.   Allowing those in reasonable debt to attend the Advanced Class is a step in the right direction, but then "the journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."   To get to where they'd actually please God would take a similar journey.  They've taken a single step.  I wonder about the remaining 999 miles and change that remain.

2 hours ago, WordWolf said:

Without even opening the video....

I think it's cute how they changed the logo.  Used to say "word over the world", with the Aramaic approximating that ("word over the inhabited earth".)   Now it says "the prevailing word" with, apparently, its translation into Aramaic.   It was lcm whose delusions announced "the word was over the world" after their membership numbers collapsed, and who announced the new motto was "the prevailing word" in one variety or another.   lcm's been booted but his delusion is still center-stage.

(SNIP)

I agree…I think the Advanced Class and “the prevailing word” (just like the old PFAL class and its reconstituted version i.e. the way of abundance and power) are magnificent time-wasters generated by wishful thinking (the attribution of reality to what one wishes to be true or the tenuous justification of what one wants to believe)…of course, that’s just my opinion, I could be wrong.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/25/2020 at 10:14 AM, waysider said:

Real progress will not be made until they rescind the coffee stretching mandate.

And at PFAL class an actually new unused styrofoam cup would have been nice.

Edited by outandabout