GreaseSpot Cafe

Happy Christmas!

Twinky

Happy Christmas, people!  Yes, we are allowed to say that!  (Season's greetings, if you prefer.)

Have a joyful Christmas, careful New Year (especially if driving), and a very much better 2021.

Num 6.jpg

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Twinky said:

Happy Christmas, people!  Yes, we are allowed to say that!  (Season's greetings, if you prefer.)

Have a joyful Christmas, careful New Year (especially if driving), and a very much better 2021.

Num 6.jpg

And a hopefully Merry New Year all through 2021. :love3:

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, waysider said:

I prefer to say Happy Holidays for no other reason than extending it to include the whole season.

"Christmas" actually extends to 6 January.  Longer than just 25 Dec.

2 hours ago, Twinky said:

"Christmas" actually extends to 6 January.  Longer than just 25 Dec.

Where I grew up (Cleveland/westside), quite a few people celebrate Orthodox Christmas on January 7th. So, I get what you're saying, but most people still think of Christmas as being December 25th.

Christmas is traditionally much longer than one day.  It's twelve days.  Ends 5 or 6 Jan.  Also known as Yuletide.

I'm sure you know the carol Partridge in a Pear Tree - On the First Day of Christmas... up to On the Twelfth Day of Christmas...  It doesn't really relate to the Orthodox or Julian calendars, though that makes it a bit more convenient.

Twelve Days of Christmas - Wikipedia