GreaseSpot Cafe

new video- What Victor Paul Wierwille's Power for Abundant Living class did Very Well

johnj

Er ... what are you on, T-Bone?  Too much wine, too much weed, something else?

Nope - just killing time on a looooong flight to Alaska....uhm...was it something I said?....geez it’s 11pm and it’s still daylight outside!

Ah!  The long white night.  Enjoy Alaska.  I would like to visit there one day.

7 hours ago, T-Bone said:

Try reading 

Matthew 23

Jesus tells the people “hey, you see these hypocrites - you should do as they say but not as they do”

Your paraphrase of Matt 23:2-3 is the way that most read it, but the Greek is a bit different.  In Greek, the 2nd Person Plural Indicative Active has the same form as the 2nd Person Plural Imperative Active.  Your reading assumes the imperative, i.e., a command: "Do as they say."  But Jesus oftentimes took the Pharisees to task for what they said, as well as what they did.  Using the indicative mood, it's more of a simple statement: "Because the scribes and Pharisees sit in Moses's seat, you do what they say."  It would be like saying, "Because you believe VPW to be "the Man of God for Our Time," you do what he says.

George

• Upvote 1

On 2/6/2021 at 3:19 PM, johnj said:

new video by John Juedes- What Victor Paul Wierwille's Power for Abundant Living class did Very Well

Victor Paul Wierwille's Power for Abundant Living class did one thing very well, even though it wasn't a stated purpose of the class, and participants didn't realize what they were hearing. It's my ninth video on TWI on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2quaAr-n98

vs210206-002.BMP 1.17 MB · 5 downloads

John,

As a whole, I think the ex-way community owes you a tremendous debt.

I am not terribly impressed with this video, even though I agree with your assertions and conclusions. I feel like you never quite decided who your audience is. For example, when I worked on my original review of the Blue Book, my audience was Christian former Way believers who did not want to throw the baby out with the bathwater. When I worked on Actual Errors, my audience was people who need to understand that PFAL is not God-breathed because it fails to meet its own definition of the term. It was never intended to discredit PFAL. Just to show that it was not inerrant. Specific purpose and specific audience.

I can't tell who your audience is with this video. Is it us? Is it the current TWI follower with a few doubts? Is it the longstanding splinter group follower? I cannot tell, and that weakens the video.

I strongly suggest re-thinking your approach and maybe tackling it one audience at a time.

Again, I am in your debt and grateful for your stand.

Peace.

2 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

Your paraphrase of Matt 23:2-3 is the way that most read it, but the Greek is a bit different.  In Greek, the 2nd Person Plural Indicative Active has the same form as the 2nd Person Plural Imperative Active.  Your reading assumes the imperative, i.e., a command: "Do as they say."  But Jesus oftentimes took the Pharisees to task for what they said, as well as what they did.  Using the indicative mood, it's more of a simple statement: "Because the scribes and Pharisees sit in Moses's seat, you do what they say."  It would be like saying, "Because you believe VPW to be "the Man of God for Our Time," you do what he says.

George

:eusa_clap:

wow, George! Your amp must go up to eleven! That’s great insight - and makes the point even sharper! Thanks for sharing...

(I woke up at 5:15am to go pee and it’s daylight outside...I’m thinking of the psychological thriller “Insomnia “ - Al Pacino  plays an LA detective who flies to Alaska to investigate a brutal murder - things go sideways and the fear and exhaustion from insomnia are messing him up)