GreaseSpot Cafe

Twi-Servitude

skyrider

On 6/27/2021 at 11:21 AM, OldSkool said:

Man, that tune is kick a$$ !!!! reminds me of bands like Tower of Power, The Ohio Players, Average White Band and a smidgen of Parliament Funkadelic...now mind you I said the TUNE was kick a$$...but that's just the tunethe music...the melodies – I was kinda turned off by the corny pretentious lyrics ...it's a shame they wasted a kick a$$ tune on such cheesy commercial hype...excuse me while I feel this groove  :dance:

On 6/27/2021 at 7:31 PM, Twinky said:

That's almost a cool video.  Copied the idea, though they might want to claim credit for thinking of tossing a ball of wool around.  Vrn's wife, can't remember her name, but she had been a lovely lass when I first knew her, looks like a mannequin.  Thought she was fake until she moved her plastic smile.

I can't think they have that many people on staff.  Perhaps they roped in every local believer and made them put on a Tshirt.  Why so many "staff"?; wouldn't they be more productive "on the field"? 

It's rather obvious to us that it's exactly what they did.  Otherwise, far too many things make no sense- like why do they employ as staff a bunch of YOUNG CHILDREN?   The shirts seem designed for this commercial specifically- with "STAFF" in big letters and the organization name almost missing from the shirt. 

There was a LOT of fake expressions there- but I found Vern's wooden, hollow delivery worse than any of them.  He couldn't have sounded more like he was reading from a script or teleprompter if he had been trying to sound fake.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, T-Bone said:

Man, that tune is kick a$$ !!!! reminds me of bands like Tower of Power, The Ohio Players, Average White Band and a smidgen of Parliament Funkadelic...now mind you I said the TUNE was kick a$$...but that's just the tunethe music...the melodies – I was kinda turned off by the corny pretentious lyrics ...it's a shame they wasted a kick a$$ tune on such cheesy commercial hype...excuse me while I feel this groove  :dance:

That tune is obviously a big deal for twi.  The commercial showed ads for the song with its name on them.  They probably shelled out good money for the melody- and probably for the instrumental track as well-  then added the corny lyrics, had twi people sing it, and have twi people pretend to play it.  That's far more likely than the possibility that they actually have that much talent remaining on staff.   So, fake musicians, fake numbers of people, and especially fake numbers of YOUNG people.  This commercial was more to snow the remaining young people they had that they weren't a faded minority and that they'd meet other youngsters if they went on staff.  Without naive, impressionable youngsters to replace the aging staff, they won't be able to handle upkeep without paying outsiders- and that would take actually paying money, which they really, really don't want to do.  twi has always spent its PEOPLE rather than its MONEY, because they consider its people to be used no matter what they say to their faces.

1 hour ago, WordWolf said:

The shirts seem designed for this commercial specifically- with "STAFF" in big letters and the organization name almost missing from the shirt. 

Yes indeed.  Red?  Never been a TWI colour, more like a cheap supermarket.  You'd think they'd have bright green (WC green) at least, or as staff nametags were woodgrain pattern, perhaps a brown T shirt.  Ore even a blue (representing God) shirt.  But red?

Ha! Got it!  In the AoS video, the "seed" dancer was dressed all in red.  Subliminal message, perhaps.  :evildenk:

4 hours ago, WordWolf said:

Without naive, impressionable youngsters to replace the aging staff, they won't be able to handle upkeep without paying outsiders- and that would take actually paying money, which they really, really don't want to do.  twi has always spent its PEOPLE rather than its MONEY, because they consider its people to be used no matter what they say to their faces.

You have to appreciate the irony. When I was assigned to staff as way corps there were around 400 or so staff and many of them under the age of 30. A group of staff kids went over to grand lake in st marys and got drunk except one of the kids who was out getting hammered was T!m M@rtind@le. So they fired all the staff kids involved and didn't do anything to Tim except take his name off his door in founders hall, except it was still his room when he was home on weekends and away from college. So word got out and young people quit coming to work on staff except for a very few. Rosalie couldnt stand the younger staff because they were trouble makers in her eyes. She even came up with a youung adult fellowship and made sure it was scheduled on Friday nights so the "young people stuff" could be kept to a minimum. Now Rosalie is weaving baskets over at foxhaven and they have a bunch of new young faces. I hope these kids don't get screwed over and hurt in the end but that's likely as soon as any of them step out of line or come up sith some new research, etc.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, WordWolf said:

That tune is obviously a big deal for twi.  The commercial showed ads for the song with its name on them.  They probably shelled out good money for the melody- and probably for the instrumental track as well-  then added the corny lyrics, had twi people sing it, and have twi people pretend to play it.  That's far more likely than the possibility that they actually have that much talent remaining on staff.   So, fake musicians, fake numbers of people, and especially fake numbers of YOUNG people.  This commercial was more to snow the remaining young people they had that they weren't a faded minority and that they'd meet other youngsters if they went on staff.  Without naive, impressionable youngsters to replace the aging staff, they won't be able to handle upkeep without paying outsiders- and that would take actually paying money, which they really, really don't want to do.  twi has always spent its PEOPLE rather than its MONEY, because they consider its people to be used no matter what they say to their faces.

yeah I think you're right

13 hours ago, Twinky said:

Yes indeed.  Red?  Never been a TWI colour, more like a cheap supermarket.  You'd think they'd have bright green (WC green) at least, or as staff nametags were woodgrain pattern, perhaps a brown T shirt.  Ore even a blue (representing God) shirt.  But red?

Ha! Got it!  In the AoS video, the "seed" dancer was dressed all in red.  Subliminal message, perhaps.  :evildenk:

Craig Martindale changed everything to in his WAP class to a red syllabus.....to differentiate from wierwille's green syllabus. Not sure why this insist on sticking with red.  Hell.....with all exits and burned out lives and enthusiasm for twi, maybe it should be burnt orange?

10 hours ago, OldSkool said:

You have to appreciate the irony. When I was assigned to staff as way corps there were around 400 or so staff and many of them under the age of 30. A group of staff kids went over to grand lake in st marys and got drunk except one of the kids who was out getting hammered was T!m M@rtind@le. So they fired all the staff kids involved and didn't do anything to Tim except take his name off his door in founders hall, except it was still his room when he was home on weekends and away from college. So word got out and young people quit coming to work on staff except for a very few. Rosalie couldnt stand the younger staff because they were trouble makers in her eyes. She even came up with a youung adult fellowship and made sure it was scheduled on Friday nights so the "young people stuff" could be kept to a minimum. Now Rosalie is weaving baskets over at foxhaven and they have a bunch of new young faces. I hope these kids don't get screwed over and hurt in the end but that's likely as soon as any of them step out of line or come up sith some new research, etc.

After the lawyers got involved and advised twi to oust Martindale (after two sexual predation lawsuits).......didn't twi have to STOP the illegal mandate of "pay according to your need" that wierwille instituted?  So, how does it work now?  Does the auto mechanic... or plumber...or electriciam get paid more than the housekeepers?  What is the pay scale?  $9 an hour?  $15 an hour?  No overtime pay, right?

Also, I think that someone posted that after age 68.....staffers can only work part time.  How many hours?  20 hrs per week?  30 hrs per week?

All of this is sad, really.  Twi seems to justify all this by subsidizing meals, room and board [units and founders hall] for these staffers.  So, if you do the math.... at $10 per hour.... some staffers are living on grounds and receiving maybe $20,000 -  $22,000 per year.  Maybe that works for older staff on social security and don't have any life other than twi, but it sucks for young people to be trapped into a dead-end job.  Hard to build any equity on these types of wages.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, skyrider said:

After the lawyers got involved and advised twi to oust Martindale (after two sexual predation lawsuits).......didn't twi have to STOP the illegal mandate of "pay according to your need" that wierwille instituted?  So, how does it work now?  Does the auto mechanic... or plumber...or electriciam get paid more than the housekeepers?  What is the pay scale?  $9 an hour?  $15 an hour?  No overtime pay, right?

Also, I think that someone posted that after age 68.....staffers can only work part time.  How many hours?  20 hrs per week?  30 hrs per week?

All of this is sad, really.  Twi seems to justify all this by subsidizing meals, room and board [units and founders hall] for these staffers.  So, if you do the math.... at $10 per hour.... some staffers are living on grounds and receiving maybe $20,000 -  $22,000 per year.  Maybe that works for older staff on social security and don't have any life other than twi, but it sucks for young people to be trapped into a dead-end job.  Hard to build any equity on these types of wages.

What's the threshold for having to provide health care benefits? 

On 6/27/2021 at 12:21 PM, OldSkool said:

"We've got a shirt for you.  Come join us."   Vern Edwards

Like thousands who've gone thru those revolving doors as hq-staffers......your mission (if you so choose) is to join the staff at The Way International to "move the Word."  You are signing up for 40 hours per week......plus volunteer overtime a few evenings here and there each month......plus some Saturday work days to get ready for *big events*.......plus highly-encouraged lunch at their cafeteria with 30-40 minute announcements each day......plus a Sunday service job assignment and attendance mandatory.

Did they mention individual benefits like a competitive salary, health care plan, 401k-retirement plan, vacation time, etc.....??  No, they did not.  This is NOT about you and benefits that will help you achieve your goals.  This is about them, twi.....the collective compound working as a unit.  It works best when everyone is pulling their own weight.......every day of the week.  Singles are highly encouraged to join.  And, those with professional skills like auto mechanics, engineers, electricians, plumbers and carpenters.....they need you!  Sure, you could find plenty of opportunities with higher wages/salaries in the world.....but where could you find a job that is dedicated to truly moving God's Word?

After years of serving on hq-staff......you, too, will be as exciting as a mannequin in the back of a storage room.  Just watch Vern give his awkward,  introductory remarks..... it wreaks of fake, plastic salesmen.

Edited by skyrider

5 hours ago, skyrider said:

"We've got a shirt for you.  Come join us."   Vern Edwards

Like thousands who've gone thru those revolving doors as hq-staffers......your mission (if you so choose) is to join the staff at The Way International to "move the Word."  You are signing up for 40 hours per week......plus volunteer overtime a few evenings here and there each month......plus some Saturday work days to get ready for *big events*.......plus highly-encouraged lunch at their cafeteria with 30-40 minute announcements each day......plus a Sunday service job assignment and attendance mandatory.

Did they mention individual benefits like a competitive salary, health care plan, 401k-retirement plan, vacation time, etc.....??  No, they did not.  This is NOT about you and benefits that will help you achieve your goals.  This is about them, twi.....the collective compound working as a unit.  It works best when everyone is pulling their own weight.......every day of the week.  Singles are highly encouraged to join.  And, those with professional skills like auto mechanics, engineers, electricians, plumbers and carpenters.....we need you!  Sure, you could find plenty of opportunities with higher wages/salaries in the world.....but where could you find a job that is dedicated to truly moving God's Word?

After years of serving on hq-staff......you, too, will be as exciting as a mannequin in the back of a storage room.  Just watch Vern give his awkward,  introductory remarks..... it wreaks of fake, plastic salemen.

Acts of Service - It's one of the "5 Love Languages".  And it contains the word "Acts".  Making it Biblical, and for our day, time and hour.

Folks with poor boundaries give more, because they love more.  It's Da Werd.  

On 6/30/2021 at 6:11 PM, skyrider said:

Well, I cant say what it is now but in 2008 they basically paid minumum wage and them mandated 6 hours overtime paid at time and a half. They called this "getting paid a salary based on an hourly rate. Yes to the part time for older staff. and my deductible was $3,000 but the policy with medical mutual had a $10,000 lifetime max. 

On 6/30/2021 at 4:28 PM, Rocky said:

What's the threshold for having to provide health care benefits? 

In case I wasn't clear, I meant to ask how many hours/week was the limit before they had to provide health care benefits. 

5 hours ago, Rocky said:

In case I wasn't clear, I meant to ask how many hours/week was the limit before they had to provide health care benefits. 

Since Obama care Im not sure. It kicked in after your first year on staff back in 2008. 

10 hours ago, OldSkool said:

Well, I cant say what it is now but in 2008 they basically paid minumum wage and them mandated 6 hours overtime paid at time and a half. They called this "getting paid a salary based on an hourly rate. Yes to the part time for older staff. and my deductible was $3,000 but the policy with medical mutual had a $10,000 lifetime max. 

So, in 2008.....the minimum wage in Ohio increased from $6.85 to $7.00 an hour.  At 40 hours per week, that's $280.....plus 6 hours of overtime pay at time and a half ( $10.50 X 6 = $63 ) totaling $343 per week.  Twi used to pay their staff on a bi-monthly schedule so the calculations will be a little different.  But basically, it amounts to $1,372 per month, $16,500 per year.

Since twi no longer pays "according to your need".....they have to make adjustments for those who get the "benefits" of food (3 meals a day) and housing those on grounds versus those who live in nearby communities.  In other words, twi must subtract a set amount for food/housing to meet with IRS regulations, right?  Sure, its probably a small amount.....but it needs to comply with state/federal regulations.  

And, now that twi has "lifted the no-debt policy"......can staffers buy newer cars and make payments?  When staff twi-servitude is your whole life and you receive food, housing, "entertainment," haircuts, snack shop, etc. on grounds......a $450 per month car payment would be easy enough to handle.  And, if this sort of institutionalized living fits your personality and low-level goals/desires in life.......then it works.  For a while, at least.

9 minutes ago, skyrider said:

So, in 2008.....the minimum wage in Ohio increased from $6.85 to $7.00 an hour.  At 40 hours per week, that's $280.....plus 6 hours of overtime pay at time and a half ( $10.50 X 6 = $63 ) totaling $343 per week.  Twi used to pay their staff on a bi-monthly schedule so the calculations will be a little different.  But basically, it amounts to $1,372 per month, $16,500 per year.

Since twi no longer pays "according to your need".....they have to make adjustments for those who get the "benefits" of food (3 meals a day) and housing those on grounds versus those who live in nearby communities.  In other words, twi must subtract a set amount for food/housing to meet with IRS regulations, right?  Sure, its probably a small amount.....but it needs to comply with state/federal regulations.  

And, now that twi has "lifted the no-debt policy"......can staffers buy newer cars and make payments?  When staff twi-servitude is your whole life and you receive food, housing, "entertainment," haircuts, snack shop, etc. on grounds......a $450 per month car payment would be easy enough to handle.  And, if this sort of institutionalized living fits your personality and low-level goals/desires in life.......then it works.  For a while, at least.

They started selling all the benefits that used to be free. Meal plans with food services, way styles charges, rent, etc. Your math is right on the money with salary. As presidents cabinet I made around $21,000 a year. I made just enough to get medicaid for my child when their cheesy insurance plan capped out at $10,000 for a lifetime max. They are shamelessly cheap.

Edited by OldSkool

11 hours ago, OldSkool said:

They are shamelessly cheap.

Always have been, I expect, with their slave labor.

Speaking of HR rules and proper tax accounting, has anyone ever wondered whether those cash "love offerings" that traveling kings... er, leaders... er, those who are supposed to be servants, get are ever included in annual W-2 or 1099 income reports?

My hunch? Probably not. 

On 6/30/2021 at 1:43 AM, WordWolf said:

twi has always spent its PEOPLE rather than its MONEY, because they consider its people to be used no matter what they say to their faces.

that is so true...just one aspect of the L.E.A.D. program is a prime example of TWI's preference for "spending" people rather than its own money...in the Family Corps at Rome City, Indiana campus - we had to hitchhike to and from Tinnie,  New Mexico. That's about a 1,400 mile trip – one way; and we had to hitch there in under 3 days or else the L.E.A.D. Staff would make you turn around and hitch back to Rome City – then you'd have to try again at another session some time later...folks can read on Grease Spot about some of the horror stories of rape, assault and other horrible experiences of way corps hitchhiking to or from L.E.A.D. ...would it have broke the bank if TWI had provided a shuttle bus and drivers (it's only about a 21 hour drive – one way) to take participants to and from Tinnie. It would have been a lot more efficient and safe!

God – just that one aspect of L.E.A.D. has got to be one of the most cheap-a$$ and reckless low points of TWI's management style!

I don't know what the L.E.A.D. program was supposed to accomplish - but it does make me wonder about what kind of organization would put the lives  and well-being of its most devoted followers at great risk!

how about a new way corps promo video - actually a re-make of an old classic  - "They Were Expendable"

When addressing the corps privately, vpw casually dismissed the actual dangers of hitchhiking- AFTER at least one LEAD participant was raped.  He pointed out you could get raped anywhere (he named a few nearby locations).  Since it was POSSIBLE to be raped anywhere, he saw no reason to reduce the risk of rape ANYWHERE.  BTW, that's legally-actionable.   If you run a program like this, in the eyes of US law, you are de facto claiming to the public that you can SAFELY run such a program and are legally responsible to minimize risks reasonably.     You have a FIDUCIARY RESPONSIBILITY to keep the participants safe.  Your contract with them implies you will keep them REASONABLY SAFE.   

I know we've always had a vpw defender or 2 who claimed ridiculous things about that, so I will explain in simple terms that even they can understand- even though they will work hard to misunderstand them anyway.

Let's say you want to do a "lightbearers" type of witnessing thing in the program.  You're expected to have a safe environment for them to act in, and to monitor them and the situation in case there's some unforeseen problem that looms up -  even if it's bad weather or a biker gang or something.   This does NOT mean "So you bring shotguns for witnessing on the off-chance a biker gang comes around",  nor does it mean "So you pack emergency supplies for every possible type of weather event"= although carrying SOME is a good idea, but monitoring the weather is a better one.    So, what do you do if your plan of having them witness in a known crack neighborhood backfires?  Trick question! You do NOT do a STUPID thing like that!   No non-twi or non-extwi program plans things that stupid!   Those are OBVIOUS dangers.  So the vpw slave asks, snarkily, what you do to teach them believing.   (This came up before in response.)   It's rather sad but typical that such a person can't imagine a SAFE activity to teach believing or to get someone to "exercise" believing-  as if it requires danger to life-or-limb to practice that.    

Any sensible group provides transportation for their own planned events- except twi, but I did say "SENSIBLE" so I already excluded them.  So, no hitchhiking whatsoever, and if something like the LEAD rock-climbing is done, it's done with plenty of professionals overseeing each group, with plenty of safety gear, and OVER-emphasis on the proper gear and not climbing in dangerous weather.  We had a horror story of a climbing group that was told to climb in dangerously cold weather.  One participant had family that was familiar with travel in freezing weather, and made sure she prepared for subzero outdoor conditions. So, she was the ONLY person in the group that was WELL prepared for such an unsafe climb.  She reported how another participant, one who had followed twi's instructions for prepping boots for the cold, had suffered frostbite as a result and severed her own toes on one foot to be able to complete the program.

Anywhere outside twi, that sounds completely crazy.  Inside twi world, we know that wasn't an outrageous claim because ridiculous things endangered participants' lives all the time.   Someone else here REFUSED to blame twi for a vehicle accident.  Coming back from LEAD, his group was REQUIRED to operate their vehicle in unsafe winds, ad unsafe speeds, and REQUIRED to get their evaluations done in transit-  which distracted the driver.   They had a truck that was dragging a trailer hitch on a highway in heavy winds.  The trailer contained HUMANS who were not secured in place.    When a crosswind hit that insane rig,  the entire vehicle-hitch combo was flung in the wind and spun over.   People were horribly injured- as if they'd been walking a highway and hit by a car traveling at highway speeds. 

Any program from groups NOT twi would consider the entire setup INSANE.  You don't force people to travel in bad weather when they're safe right where they are. IF they are to travel. they are expected to travel at a safer speed, not pretend they're on a normal highway on a normal day.  Finally, the people would be in a safe vehicle- like a passenger van or even an old school bus, and not something that was bound to deflect the wind.    The only thing I blame the driver for is agreeing to be in a twi program, since twi dictated all the unsafe things about the incident, and would have kicked out the driver if he'd actually acted safely.

What kind of organization puts its people at risk of loss of life or limb? Obviously one where human life is seen as EXPENDABLE and the participants are seen as DISPOSABLE.     That's twi as vpw made it, and as practiced when lawyers don't force changes.  

What does it say about your supposed church group when the only times it reduces risks to its people are when its lawyers say they HAVE TO and have NO CHOICE?

• Upvote 1

On 7/2/2021 at 6:30 AM, OldSkool said:

They started selling all the benefits that used to be free. Meal plans with food services, way styles charges, rent, etc. Your math is right on the money with salary. As presidents cabinet I made around $21,000 a year. I made just enough to get medicaid for my child when their cheesy insurance plan capped out at $10,000 for a lifetime max. They are shamelessly cheap.

In 1997, as limb coordinators on twi-payroll......my wife and I together made $36,500 a year (of which, I was working 65-75 hours per week).  The bulk of our expense went to our housing allowance....$650 per month, $7,800 per year.  So, with our family of four.....we had around $29,000 to live on.  Twi reimbursed us for ministry-miles travel expense, but with car maintenance, insurance and upkeep....it hardly seemed to cover wear-n-tear on vehicles.  Then in 1998, when martindale was fuming over all-corps-on-payroll......he castigated us field corps and strongly suggested all corps couples should only need one car.  Yeah, right....ppffft.  When limb coordinators are traveling hundreds of miles away......the wife, with kids didn't need a car (?????).  What about grocery shopping?  Picking kids up from school if need be?  Dentist appointments?  Errands?  Asked to teach someone's fellowship?  Sheesh.....martindale and his bozo assessment of reality.

Running classes.  Room set-up.  Run wap-classes for all grads (1996).  Intermediate wap-classes (1997). Advanced wap-class (1998).  Run here. Run there.... and martindale wanted corps couples to do all of this with ONE CAR...???  At headquarters, staffers on grounds can WALK to work.  They don't need two cars to help run dozens of errands for running classes, teaching fellowships in other cities.  Constant faxes dictating something else to do.  Martindale was barking orders constantly to keep us jumping thru hoops.

Yes, twi has always been shamelessly cheap.

Edited by skyrider

Wordwolf: it's called RISK ASSESSMENT and pretty much everything these days has to have a risk assessment.

I can't see TWI doing such things!  Waste of time, and if the people participating are really believing, then there is no risk.  Besides, you can always fudge one afterwards if there were such problematical things as accidents or assaults, that might result in legal proceedings.    Perhaps to the TWI head honchos, the real risk assessment is: would people sue, if they were injured?  No, because that was so strongly discouraged by TWI, and anyway, they might pay a tiny percentage of actual medical costs.

On 7/3/2021 at 8:08 AM, skyrider said:

In 1997, as limb coordinators on twi-payroll......my wife and I together made $36,500 a year (of which, I was working 65-75 hours per week).  The bulk of our expense went to our housing allowance....$650 per month, $7,800 per year.  So, with our family of four.....we had around $29,000 to live on.  Twi reimbursed us for ministry-miles travel expense, but with car maintenance, insurance and upkeep....it hardly seemed to cover wear-n-tear on vehicles.  Then in 1998, when martindale was fuming over all-corps-on-payroll......he castigated us field corps and strongly suggested all corps couples should only need one car.  Yeah, right....ppffft.  When limb coordinators are traveling hundreds of miles away......the wife, with kids didn't need a car (?????).  What about grocery shopping?  Picking kids up from school if need be?  Dentist appointments?  Errands?  Asked to teach someone's fellowship?  Sheesh.....martindale and his bozo assessment of reality.

Running classes.  Room set-up.  Run wap-classes for all grads (1996).  Intermediate wap-classes (1997). Advanced wap-class (1998).  Run here. Run there.... and martindale wanted corps couples to do all of this with ONE CAR...???  At headquarters, staffers on grounds can WALK to work.  They don't need two cars to help run dozens of errands for running classes, teaching fellowships in other cities.  Constant faxes dictating something else to do.  Martindale was barking orders constantly to keep us jumping thru hoops.

Yes, twi has always been shamelessly cheap.

Just in case twi still *wonders* why field corps CONTINE TO EXIT.........THIS is one of the biggies.  

IT COSTS MONEY TO *WITNESS AND RUN PFAL/WAP CLASSES*......and twi won't pay the lion's share of expenses!!!!!  Driving here, there and yonder to witness, pick up people for class, take them home.....and do it ALL AGAIN throughout the class is challenging.  Add class room set-up and working your regular job ( 8 hrs a day ) tends to make for long days.  Those at headquarters simply do their little job and (many) have cafeteria meals prepared for them 3 times a  day.  Staffers don't have to do that grocery shopping, refreshments for classes, clean up, room set -up........etc. etc. etc.  UNTIL those bozos as directors figure out how aggravating it is to see and live the double standard that they pontificate.....there will ALWAYS be a revolving door of field corps exiting twi, gladly.  :spy:

1 hour ago, skyrider said:

Just in case twi still *wonders* why field corps CONTINE TO EXIT.........THIS is one of the biggies.  

IT COSTS MONEY TO *WITNESS AND RUN PFAL/WAP CLASSES*......and twi won't pay the lion's share of expenses!!!!!  Driving here, there and yonder to witness, pick up people for class, take them home.....and do it ALL AGAIN throughout the class is challenging.  Add class room set-up and working your regular job ( 8 hrs a day ) tends to make for long days.  Those at headquarters simply do their little job and (many) have cafeteria meals prepared for them 3 times a  day.  Staffers don't have to do that grocery shopping, refreshments for classes, clean up, room set -up........etc. etc. etc.  UNTIL those bozos as directors figure out how aggravating it is to see and live the double standard that they pontificate.....there will ALWAYS be a revolving door of field corps exiting twi, gladly.  :spy:

That double standard is ingrained into the directors. Let's face it. Every director currently on the board has worked lower tier jobs in TWI and they know the field leadership regularly go out of pocket to cover ministry expenses. They've all been branch coordinators/fellowship coordinators. They know fuil well about the double standard and appearantly they like it. Any one of them Bill, Vern, John, could set a directive that all the field corps  are required to submit expense reimbursement forms for their cost over runs on ministry business. They don't and they won't. On the field it's so screwy. More times than not, when branch coordinators ask for gas reimbursement their limb guy tells them something like "just consider it abundant sharing". I've heard it so many many times from branch, and even limb coordinators. The field guys are afraid to do much more than what they are expected to do and most of them would never dream of rocking the boat by daring to ask for reimbursements. Many of the staff assignments are gravy compared to life in a field assignment and most all of them know it. The directors demand special treatment, so their hypocrosy knows no bounds. Christ really is absent for them and in his place is a big image of VPW. You know, that guy that had them play hail to the chief when he entered a room?