GreaseSpot Cafe

PLAF - the wonder camp

OldSkool

Well, things are really heating up at TWI -- first I hear that vern, bill, and john get some marbles and vote out rosie the riveter and now they are running PFAL class camps out at camp gunnison?.....eh....new class same as old class....realpolitik. Ciao!

1 hour ago, OldSkool said:

Well, things are really heating up at TWI -- first I hear that vern, bill, and john get some marbles and vote out rosie the riveter and now they are running PFAL class camps out at camp gunnison?.....eh....new class same as old class....realpolitik. Ciao!

Let me know when they oust donna lombardi martinfail........

10 hours ago, skyrider said:

Let me know when they oust donna lombardi martinfail........

Yeah, you already know that Rosalie will maintain influence through Donna Rivenbark.

42 minutes ago, OldSkool said:

Didnt martindale used to say people were getting posessed from old pfal classes?

6 minutes ago, skyrider said:

Yep.

And, if you listened to music tapes from cop-outs,,,,,, that would get you possessed too.  :anim-smile:

holy crap !!! :confused:   :confused:   :confused:

he really said that ?!!!!!!

that's so bizarre !

the cult mentality of TWI doesn't even make sense to me anymore...and the dwindling number of folks still in TWI are a lot worse off than I thought.

1 hour ago, T-Bone said:

holy crap !!! :confused:   :confused:   :confused:

that's so bizarre !

the cult mentality of TWI doesn't even make sense to me anymore...and the dwindling number of folks still in TWI are a lot worse off than I thought.

Awfully outrageous, eh? 

2 hours ago, Rocky said:

Awfully outrageous, eh? 

yeah - but come to think of it - I shouldn't be surprised ... one of wierwille's go-to motivational techniques was by inducing fear and paranoia of the devil...and here Craig is doing the same thing...well, golly gee willikers I guess wierwille was right - you can't go beyond what you're taught. :evilshades:

Edited by T-Bone
and so in conclusion to the addition my post is complete

People getting possessed from old way classes.

When twi was using those exact same classes, they were touting how fantastic they were and everything.  As soon as someone else ran them- with that being the ONLY thing that changed-  not only were they useless, they were WORSE than useless because students could get POSSESSED from taking the class! 

I'm sure all of that hung off, once again, the mis-translation and misinterpretation of a SINGLE VERSE that twi then formed a doctrine around.  They said "the present truth" meant the truth that was true now, as opposed to the truth that was true yesterday, or the truth that will be true tomorrow.  But that's not how truth works. The truth remains true in the past, present and future (although events may change facts, like the current fastest world record for running the mile is faster than the record a century ago, but running the mile is still running the mile.)

The :present truth" didn't mean the truth not of the past nor future. It didn't mean a gift.  The "present" meant "HERE RIGHT NOW."  We no longer had to wait for it, the truth had finally arrived and we had it!  (From the 1st century church through today into the future.)  So, It was the truth that was HERE, not a moving target that will keep changing whenever twi wanted to declare something no longer "true." 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, WordWolf said:

People getting possessed from old way classes.

When twi was using those exact same classes, they were touting how fantastic they were and everything.  As soon as someone else ran them- with that being the ONLY thing that changed-  not only were they useless, they were WORSE than useless because students could get POSSESSED from taking the class! 

I wonder how they "repair" the class material after it's been taught by cop outs so that it no longer gets anyone posessed? 

1 hour ago, OldSkool said:

I wonder how they "repair" the class material after it's been taught by cop outs so that it no longer gets anyone posessed? 

Since we're getting into technicalities – I've got a question – suppose I took the old class – got possessed – then took the “repaired class” and got depossessed...but then defaulted on my obligation to abundantly share and got repossessed...but then I mastered the "repaired class" material and became self-possessed...then rose in rank to be a prominent leader by being wierwille-obsessed...but then pointed out the "repaired class" was the same as the old class just in new packaging – then got marked and avoided – dispossessed (stripped of rank and responsibilities)...and then ...and then...uhm... what was the question? No wait – I was asking the question...never mind – I forgot what my question was.

45 minutes ago, T-Bone said:

Since we're getting into technicalities – I've got a question – suppose I took the old class – got possessed – then took the “repaired class” and got depossessed...but then defaulted on my obligation to abundantly share and got repossessed...but then I mastered the "repaired class" material and became self-possessed...then rose in rank to be a prominent leader by being wierwille-obsessed...but then pointed out the "repaired class" was the same as the old class just in new packaging – then got marked and avoided – dispossessed (stripped of rank and responsibilities)...and then ...and then...uhm... what was the question? No wait – I was asking the question...never mind – I forgot what my question was.

Powers.jpg

23 hours ago, T-Bone said:

Yes he did.

Had you left by the time the order came through to destroy all those old tapes from STPDRO and many others, etc?  If you didn't destroy them, you'd get pozzest.  

Nonetheless, some tapes were bootlegged and still circulated.  Come to think of it, maybe that's why I got possezt many years later... :evildenk:

Just a quick question: do churches in the US usually have a board of directors to run the organisation?  If not, what's usually established to manage the church and give direction? 

25 minutes ago, Twinky said:

Just a quick question: do churches in the US usually have a board of directors to run the organisation?  If not, what's usually established to manage the church and give direction? 

I can only take an educated guess here. As far as I know, in the US churches do not have to file for 501-c3 tax exempt status but most do, and in the case of TWI, wierwille incorporated them as The Way Inc. back in 1957 or somehwere in there. The board of directors requirements all stem from Ohio state law as it pertains to corporations. It used to be that corporations in Ohio were required to have a board of trustees and that verbage was changed to board of directors sometime around the year 2000. If anyone has more complete information I welcome it because I am shooting from the hip. Thanks!

6 hours ago, Rocky said:

Did you check The Way's website for that information?

So I clicked on the link...looked things over...and checked out their photos on the Flickr link...looked at a bunch of group shots from anniversary services, camps and classes...I kinda feel bad for those folks – wasting their time, money, energy...I bet some of them even stew over making the right career or other big life-decisions so that it won't disrupt their orbit around TWI...sad just sad.

34 minutes ago, T-Bone said:

So I clicked on the link...looked things over...and checked out their photos on the Flickr link...looked at a bunch of group shots from anniversary services, camps and classes...I kinda feel bad for those folks – wasting their time, money, energy...I bet some of them even stew over making the right career or other big life-decisions so that it won't disrupt their orbit around TWI...sad just sad.

indeed.

On 6/27/2021 at 1:17 PM, T-Bone said:

Fear of rejection as institutional practice.  The organization hates itself and scapegoats followers in self defense.  Otherwise it would cease to exist.

Coffee.  Need coffee.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, cman said:

commercial, saw it when I was active, laughed then, and still a good one

powerful living

:biglaugh:  :biglaugh:  :biglaugh:

that's funny

don't remember ever seeing that...Google search says it came out in 1984 - about the time we were in the corps program...also known as the outside-world-deprivation-program.