GreaseSpot Cafe

Forum rules ??

Allan

8 hours ago, pawtucket said:

There was an upgrade to the software. No rules have changed.

Probably some glitches in the upgrade.

Definitely some glitches in the upgrade. At least 1/2 my submitted replies aren't going through.  They're stalled on the "replying" stage indefinitely.

2 hours ago, WordWolf said:

Definitely some glitches in the upgrade. At least 1/2 my submitted replies aren't going through.  They're stalled on the "replying" stage indefinitely.

I had the same problem yesterday…I even would sign off and then back on…thought was either GSC server or something glitchy at my end

On 7/12/2021 at 9:16 PM, Twinky said:

I see the symbol for an Apprentice with 3/14 (3 out of 14 what??) is a leaf.  

Haven't we had enough of leaves, twigs, Way trees, and the like?  How about - um... err... em - an axe?  To chop down the Way tree? :evilshades:

Oh hey!  I see I am now an Apprentice and have a leaf symbol.  No doubt that means I shouldn't "leaf" this place just yet. :wave:

• Upvote 1

Oh! And this morning I am Dedicated, with a little green arrow.

Arrow might show the exit route out of a certain place...!

8 hours ago, waysider said:

Life can never be exactly the way we want it to be.

THIS is dedicated.

cool song and ditto what Waysider said...

...that's a deep thought to begin my day - so thanks Waysider!

I got to thinking (uh oh  :biglaugh:  ) life can never be exactly the way we want it to be because each and every one of us is different – with individual needs, different desires, preferences, likes and dislikes, etc...there would be conflicts with the “little worlds” of others when one little world would encroach upon another...When Worlds Collide  (1951)  ...War of the Worlds – I read the book, saw the movies (1953   &   2005) , been to the musical   and   bought the doll (just kidding and just kidding). :rolleyes:

I guess it's possible for one narcissistic type individual to strive for that but it would take a lot of resources, money, time and indoctrination programs to create a little world exactly the way this one narcissist would want it to be. The “atmosphere” of this  little world would have to be insular to protect itself from the harsh elements of reality. There would have to be a support staff thoroughly and “throughly"  :evilshades:    trained to cater to this one person's every whim. It's hard to imagine that anyone would voluntarily make big sacrifices for what someone else wants – but that's the beauty of indoctrination. When it's done right the indoctrinated have become something along the lines of The Stepford Wives  (1975    or    2004, your choice) - they are servile, compliant, submissive, semi-spineless people endowed with an almost robot-like ability to suppress emotions, ignore sensory input, and turn off logical subroutines…all the while happily doing this one person's bidding and serving his every whim dutifully... 

...but long-term I don't think little alternate worlds like that are sustainable – at least not by the support staff...They would get burnt out...I know I would...If I can't have a life that's exactly the way I want it to be then why would I exhaust my emotions, finances, physical and mental well-being so someone else can have a life exactly the way they want it to be?

Edited by T-Bone
no post ever turns out exactly like I want it to be

On 7/14/2021 at 9:43 AM, WordWolf said:

My submitted replies seem to be submitting.  Perhaps the problem was fixed.   (Then again, I did another incremental upgrade of my browser, so perhaps that did it.  Either way, it's working for me.)

5 hours ago, WordWolf said:

My submitted replies seem to be submitting.  Perhaps the problem was fixed.   (Then again, I did another incremental upgrade of my browser, so perhaps that did it.  Either way, it's working for me.)

I am still experiencing issues - trying 3 or 4 times to submit a post...I've been using Microsoft Edge...so a few minutes ago I downloaded Google Chrome browser and submitting a reply worked right away.

I have to post - hit refresh and post again - everytime - usually works the second time.

I think it's the internet asking me "Are you sure you want to post that?"   . . . If there's anything we learn from lifers in Da Vey it's sold out head down commitment to a lost cause . . . *post post post*

1 hour ago, T-Bone said:

I am still experiencing issues - trying 3 or 4 times to submit a post...I've been using Microsoft Edge...so a few minutes ago I downloaded Google Chrome browser and submitting a reply worked right away.

46 minutes ago, Bolshevik said:

I have to post - hit refresh and post again - everytime - usually works the second time.

I think it's the internet asking me "Are you sure you want to post that?"   . . . If there's anything we learn from lifers in Da Vey it's sold out head down commitment to a lost cause . . . *post post post*

Let me revise what I said... I'm still have posting issues even with Google Chrome - it takes 2 or 3 times to submit it before it "takes".

38 minutes ago, Twinky said:

I use Edge, T-Bone.  No problems posting.

Hmmmm…well maybe it’s because you Brits talk so proper-like…:rolleyes:

ahem ahem…I better get with the program…me me me me …the rain in Spain falls mainly in the plain.

Never mind Forum Rules, I want to post a photo but I can't, I've used all my allotted space and I can't remove any old photos to free up any more space.

31 minutes ago, Twinky said:

Never mind Forum Rules, I want to post a photo but I can't, I've used all my allotted space and I can't remove any old photos to free up any more space.

have you looked into Photobucket ?  I've used it for posting pictures by putting the URL address of a picture in my Photobucket account. You'll see an option for posting a URL address when you draft a post on Grease Spot....the concept is simple - you upload your pictures to Photobucket server - your account is free; then if you want to share with others later on you just give them the URL address of that particular picture on your Photobucket account. see link below:

Photobucket for beginners

Edited by T-Bone
more info

I will always find it amusing that the people who promote a book extolling the virtues of "be sober, be vigilant" can, without a hint of self-reflection, complain about people who are "woke," which is the same thing.

Oh well, expecting people to be consistent when they mix religion and politics is a recipe for disappointment.

Stick with religion. Take your politics elsewhere.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1