GreaseSpot Cafe

20 Years Out

Oakspear

5 hours ago, Oakspear said:

Next month will mark 20 years out of The Way Corporation for me. Time flies when you're not mired in cultish servitude!

I don't spend much time here at the cafe any more, but I DO lurk once in a while

23 years out of The Way Cult Corporation for me.......but then, I started eyeing the exit door in 1993.  Martindale started, in haste, his purging campaign to "sanctify The Way Household" with repeated purges.  What a religious farce.  I was the Oklahoma Limb Coordinator at the time.....and found myself trying to protect people from twi's heavy-handedness.  What a roller coaster ride of insanity......Insanity on Steroids

Always good to see you Oakspear.  :wave:

• Like 1

Oakie!  Well, your own life has certainly taken a different turn from what it might have done in TWI.  Likely to have been a lot more enjoyable than if you'd still been in.

So glad you're participating in the real world.  Not the box they tried to force you into.

• Like 1

On 7/13/2021 at 2:19 PM, skyrider said:

23 years out of The Way Cult Corporation for me.......but then, I started eyeing the exit door in 1993.  Martindale started, in haste, his purging campaign to "sanctify The Way Household" with repeated purges.  What a religious farce.  I was the Oklahoma Limb Coordinator at the time.....and found myself trying to protect people from twi's heavy-handedness.  What a roller coaster ride of insanity......Insanity on Steroids

Always good to see you Oakspear.  :wave:

Feel free to stop by in person next time you're in the neighborhood

I was actually kicked out rather than leaving under my own steam. The whole situation that culminated in Martindale getting fired was the turning point for me. I started questioning everything and began participated in WayDale and Grease Spot under the "Twybil" and "Taoiseach" handles. I was mainly sticking around in order to convince my wife to leave with me. Not to make this a long story but I was found out and kicked out. Two months later my wife kicked me out. 

It took a while, but I got my life back.