GreaseSpot Cafe

GSC not saving posts.

WordWolf

Ok, I've been having intermittent problems with the GSC not saving posts.  I click on the button, it says "saving" and hangs forever on that step.  Sometimes,  an hour later or something, I try a fresh reply- with the previous content saved in the GSC window and reposted in the new post-  and it works instantly.    Sometimes it works immediately, sometimes a few hours make no difference at all.

Are there hours where the the board is less likely to save?   Are there browsers that suddenly don't work well with the new software?   What's up?

yeah me too

lately what I've found works most of the time is - if I'm going to quote one or more other Grease Spotters, I do that first - simply quote them and then post it...I don't do any editing or make comments...then - once I see that gets posted - and not until then, I proceed to edit and make my comments. I haven't had much trouble if I post from my iPhone though...but when I do post from my iPhone i tend to be a lot quicker and concise when I post...maybe Grease Spot website doesn't like it when I get verbose. :biglaugh:    and to be honest, I firmly believe computers work by magic - although Penn and Teller would argue it's just sleight of hand.

hopefully the Grease Spot techs will clue us in on the proper method for posting or use our details as a means to troubleshoot if there's a real issue.

Edited by T-Bone
edited by Penn and Teller

I sent a link to this thread to the GS tech. He will look into it and let us know.

I had no problem posting this however. Even though it at first appeared above previous comments rather than after them.

I found a weird workaround - or at least it seems to work most of the time...using Microsoft Edge, I sign in to Grease Spot...then I click to open a new browser tab and click on my Grease Spot link...I submit all my posts and do edits from the second tab...weird huh?

Sometimes I open another tab in Firefox, and am able to save that one, and sometimes that one behaves the same.  The convenient thing is that the site saves the content of the "unsaved" post  so I can call it up from the new tab and click "save."  The only question is if it will officially "save" or hang there "saving."

6 hours ago, GT said:

Looks like clearing out cookies can clear this up or using a different browser.  

Software vendor isn't clear what the issue is.  https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/462663-firefox-problems/

yeah - clearing out cookies worked for me...thanks for the tip.