GreaseSpot Cafe

Dear LCM

Bolshevik

On 8/29/2021 at 5:30 AM, WordWolf said:

. . . 

lcm ONCE knew right from wrong.  After vpw was done with him, he often confused one for the other and thought right was wrong and vice versa. I don't know if he's seeing the same reality as the rest of us even to this day.  I hope he is, for his own sake. 

Certainly being in TWI and the out one experiences a change in reality . . . was his experience different?

His constant rants about FEAR . . . when that's all there ever was . . . entire spines just shot . . . heads bent back and looking down . .  spurts around every corner . . . 

The there's places like this.

The medium is the message.

On 8/29/2021 at 4:30 AM, WordWolf said:

"Like it or not, he knew what he was doing when he assaulted women.  When he messed with other men's wives.    Even the most thick among us know that messing around with other people's spouses isn't a good look (as it were). "

Yes, but this isn't a matter of how thick lcm was.  When he was at university, he had no trouble recognizing that.   This one goes back to vpw again.  vpw specifically went out of his way to teach lcm that infidelity was fine if he could get away with it.  He taught him his usual bs excuses, and even told him that he wouldn't make much of a leader until he got over his resistance to cheating on his wife. ("Loosening up in this category" was how he phrased it.)     So, yes, fresh out of university, lcm knew that.  After vpw was done indoctrinating him, he was ok when he assaulted women, and messed with other men's wives.   I'm sure that-at that point- he no longer recognized that as obviously wrong.  

There's an old story.  Someone asked some tribal elder what a conscience was.  He said it was a 3-cornered thing in here (he signalled to his chest). When he did wrong, it spun, and the corners hurt him.  But if he KEPT doing wrong, then the corners would wear down and it wouldn't hurt any more.

lcm ONCE knew right from wrong.  After vpw was done with him, he often confused one for the other and thought right was wrong and vice versa. I don't know if he's seeing the same reality as the rest of us even to this day.  I hope he is, for his own sake. 

2 hours ago, Bolshevik said:

I can understand VPW passing the mantle to a doofus because . . . self destruction would be in his nature.  I don't think legacy was in his sites.

You are suggesting the Oklahoma Overlord was a puppet from Day 1?

WordWolf can respond to your comments – but I just wanted to add my own two cents about legacy and puppets:
I’m neither qualified as a psychologist, nor informed of every detail to say if LCM was a puppet from day 1…but I will say this – being manipulated and groomed by wierwille may have got LCM the transfer of authority…some on Grease Spot have suggested LCM was a place-holder for someone else wierwille had in mind to carry on his legacy…

I’m pretty sure in his delusions wierwille thought the heritage he was leaving to TWI was all that mythology and propaganda of wierwille being some kind of super-duper-apostle-prophet-evangelist-pastor-teacher-in-this-day-and-time-and-hour    who had written the equivalent of Ephesians with his “epistle” of plagiarized, adulterated and discombobulated material known as PFAL…

I’m also pretty sure LCM as president acted on his own accord…now there's probably some twists and turns down the road – after wierwille passed away, I tend to think proof of him cutting any ties to wierwille would be doing things like making his own foundational class – The Way of Abundance and Power…and as was talked about on another thread, LCM even saying people could get possessed if they sat through the original PFAL class. 

When it comes to harmful and controlling cult leaders and their successors, I think there’s enough blame to spread around on all the a$$holes…hey, here’s a fun little reading exercise to give you a different perspective. Imagine Jesus Christ, at some point during his ministry, reading about the self-centered, cruel, and abusive shepherds of Israel in the book of Ezekiel…and note “shepherds” is plural…this could very well apply to wierwille, LCM and any other cult leaders of some pseudo-Christian group:

"The word of the Lord came to me: 2 “Son of man, prophesy against the shepherds of Israel; prophesy and say to them: ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says: Woe to you shepherds of Israel who only take care of yourselves! Should not shepherds take care of the flock? 

3 You eat the curds, clothe yourselves with the wool and slaughter the choice animals, but you do not take care of the flock. 4 You have not strengthened the weak or healed the sick or bound up the injured. You have not brought back the strays or searched for the lost. You have ruled them harshly and brutally. 

5 So they were scattered because there was no shepherd, and when they were scattered they became food for all the wild animals. 6 My sheep wandered over all the mountains and on every high hill. They were scattered over the whole earth, and no one searched or looked for them.

7 “‘Therefore, you shepherds, hear the word of the Lord: 8 As surely as I live, declares the Sovereign Lord, because my flock lacks a shepherd and so has been plundered and has become food for all the wild animals, and because my shepherds did not search for my flock but cared for themselves rather than for my flock, 9 therefore, you shepherds, hear the word of the Lord: 10 This is what the Sovereign Lord says: I am against the shepherds and will hold them accountable for my flock. I will remove them from tending the flock so that the shepherds can no longer feed themselves. I will rescue my flock from their mouths, and it will no longer be food for them.

11 “‘For this is what the Sovereign Lord says: I myself will search for my sheep and look after them. 12 As a shepherd looks after his scattered flock when he is with them, so will I look after my sheep. I will rescue them from all the places where they were scattered on a day of clouds and darkness. 13 I will bring them out from the nations and gather them from the countries, and I will bring them into their own land. I will pasture them on the mountains of Israel, in the ravines and in all the settlements in the land. 14 I will tend them in a good pasture, and the mountain heights of Israel will be their grazing land. There they will lie down in good grazing land, and there they will feed in a rich pasture on the mountains of Israel. 15 I myself will tend my sheep and have them lie down, declares the Sovereign Lord. 16 I will search for the lost and bring back the strays. I will bind up the injured and strengthen the weak, but the sleek and the strong I will destroy. I will shepherd the flock with justice.

17 “‘As for you, my flock, this is what the Sovereign Lord says: I will judge between one sheep and another, and between rams and goats. 18 Is it not enough for you to feed on the good pasture? Must you also trample the rest of your pasture with your feet? Is it not enough for you to drink clear water? Must you also muddy the rest with your feet? 19 Must my flock feed on what you have trampled and drink what you have muddied with your feet?

20 “‘Therefore this is what the Sovereign Lord says to them: See, I myself will judge between the fat sheep and the lean sheep. 21 Because you shove with flank and shoulder, butting all the weak sheep with your horns until you have driven them away, 22 I will save my flock, and they will no longer be plundered. I will judge between one sheep and another. 23 I will place over them one shepherd, my servant David, and he will tend them; he will tend them and be their shepherd. 24 I the Lord will be their God, and my servant David will be prince among them. I the Lord have spoken…"

Ezekiel 34:1-24 NIV

Now after reading that, when you read accounts like in  Matthew 9: 35-38 NIV  where Jesus “saw the crowds, he had compassion on them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd”    it's easy to connect the dots of Ezekiel to the Gospels and maybe get an idea of Jesu Christ's perspective - knowing the seemingly can of worms he was opening up.

…or read about those shallow and selfish shepherds  - callous and uncaring over lost sheep as they criticized Jesus for welcoming and eating with sinners  in   Luke 15: 1-7 NIV  

…passages like  John 10: 1-21   that show Jesus as the good shepherd who lays down his life for the sheep, stand out in such stark contrast to the self-centered, cruel, and abusive shepherds referred to in Ezekiel.

Edited by T-Bone
typos and formatting

Anyone remember that Gen-2 character?  What's that got to do with LCM?

Because of the internet . . . people were downloading crap . . . a speaking to you like you had an f'ing clue.

That made LCM even more paranoid didn't it?

1 hour ago, Bolshevik said:

Certainly being in TWI and the out one experiences a change in reality . . . was his experience different?

His constant rants about FEAR . . . when that's all there ever was . . . entire spines just shot . . . heads bent back and looking down . .  spurts around every corner . . . 

Huh? Please clarify that.

12 hours ago, T-Bone said:

16 I will search for the lost and bring back the strays. I will bind up the injured and strengthen the weak, but the sleek and the strong I will destroy. I will shepherd the flock with justice.

17 “‘As for you, my flock, this is what the Sovereign Lord says: I will judge between one sheep and another, and between rams and goats. 18 Is it not enough for you to feed on the good pasture? Must you also trample the rest of your pasture with your feet? Is it not enough for you to drink clear water? Must you also muddy the rest with your feet? 19 Must my flock feed on what you have trampled and drink what you have muddied with your feet?

20 “‘Therefore this is what the Sovereign Lord says to them: See, I myself will judge between the fat sheep and the lean sheep. 21 Because you shove with flank and shoulder, butting all the weak sheep with your horns until you have driven them away, 22 I will save my flock, and they will no longer be plundered. I will judge between one sheep and another.

Woh, that's a warning to us all.  To every member of every congregation.  Can't remember ever reading that before.    A great warning against selfishness and self-interest ("the sleek and the strong") ahead of sharing nicely with others.  

And it applies not just to the church, but to every other person in this "pasture" of the world.  Are some nations so rich and selfish that they shove other poorer nations aside?  

I'll just leave that thought with you.  If I say too much, it'll get stripped as being political.  As if Jesus were not political, hey?

15 hours ago, Rocky said:

Huh? Please clarify that.

1.  These websites are used by (non twi affliated folks) as weapons.  The internet has intended and unintended consequences out in the real world.

2.  There was a character that came through this site like 10 years ago.   Actually is was a group.  Think they were doing some psych test about reality.  Still makes me cross-eyed occasionally because of meta-talk.  Did that break the first rule of fight club?

3.  I remember late 90s always being in a heightened state of distress (in twi) constantly.  That's gotta fry circuits and change perception.  When you get away from it you see things differently.  (Point #1 would have aggravated this).

4.  How much time does LCM spend on the internet?  There's a way into that head.  (see point #2).  Especially if as President of The Way he had no power.

12 hours ago, Bolshevik said:

1.  These websites are used by (non twi affliated folks) as weapons.  The internet has intended and unintended consequences out in the real world.

2.  There was a character that came through this site like 10 years ago.   Actually is was a group.  Think they were doing some psych test about reality.  Still makes me cross-eyed occasionally because of meta-talk.  Did that break the first rule of fight club?

3.  I remember late 90s always being in a heightened state of distress (in twi) constantly.  That's gotta fry circuits and change perception.  When you get away from it you see things differently.  (Point #1 would have aggravated this).

4.  How much time does LCM spend on the internet?  There's a way into that head.  (see point #2).  Especially if as President of The Way he had no power.

This doesn't clarify it (for me anyway).

It's as if you know what you're talking about but not really using words that make it at all clear to readers here.

This is what you said that didn't seem to have words to connect your thought(s) to anything readers might be able to pick up on. One problem seems to be syntax. (not sin tax). For example, "Certainly being in TWI and the out one experiences a change in reality..." what the heck does that mean?

On 8/31/2021 at 4:18 PM, Rocky said:

He probably means, "...in TWI, and then out, one experiences ..." 

Not everyone uses commas appropriately, nor proofreads, before hitting the Submit Reply button.

11 hours ago, Rocky said:

This doesn't clarify it (for me anyway).

It's as if you know what you're talking about but not really using words that make it at all clear to readers here.

This is what you said that didn't seem to have words to connect your thought(s) to anything readers might be able to pick up on. One problem seems to be syntax. (not sin tax). For example, "Certainly being in TWI and the out one experiences a change in reality..." what the heck does that mean?

Language is one thing The Way International changes in the people involved with it.  This is a common effect for those who have an experience with a cult.

My interacting with the group around that Gen-2 character that came through Greasespot Cafe changed my language too.

Is that unclear?

:offtopic:The Gen 2 thing.

I've wondered what that was about. At the very beginning, it seemed real enough. Then, it evolved in a bizarre direction that made it appear to be some sort of scam. But what sort of scam? Was it to reveal posters real identities, locations, maybe seek to elicit donations or what? Now that you suggest it may have been a sociological experiment, it does seem to make more sense. Did it affect you in some way? If so, how?

1 minute ago, waysider said:

I've wondered what that was about. At the very beginning, it seemed real enough. Then, it evolved in a bizarre direction that made it appear to be some sort of scam. But what sort of scam? Was it to reveal posters real identities, locations, maybe seek to elicit donations or what? Now that you suggest it may have been a sociological experiment, it does seem to make more sense. Did it affect you in some way? If so, how?

I've had many "theories" but back then wondered why that person simply ....ed me off so much.  So I went along with it.

There was this "language" being done among many people and I was really eager to figure it out.  Then I began to understand it simply by being immersed in it for a long time and then the games really began.  It all could have been a game or an experiment or a ploy.  Doesn't matter.

You can understand and use Wayspeak, and at the same time not be able to explain Wayspeak to someone who doesn't understand Wayspeak.  It's not that Wayspeak can't be explained.

LCM had a language the other puppets did not.

I can remember back in the 90s being yelled at "You're speaking in tongues in your head while I'm talking to you!" by non-wayfers.

The opposite of what The Way encourages.

How does that filter perception?

Edited by Bolshevik
SITing while typing again
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bolshevik said:

I can remember back in the 90s being yelled at "You're speaking in tongues in your head while I'm talking to you!" by non-wayfers.

The opposite of what The Way encourages.

How does that filter perception?

Thinking about it was the aggression of an adult multiple times my age that caused more anxiety than the SIT.  They had read the internet.  They knew better.

In a twig fellowship SIT caused me great anxiety too.  Who pretends to do things that cause them pain?

LCM was a release for the wayfer?  Others patterned his behavior but he was the solution to the problem created by the solution.  Right?

3 hours ago, waysider said:

I always thought she was just trolling. I was even talking to whomever it was via direct mesage here on GSC. Supposedly, they were in the marines and were working on getting a PHd in quantum physics. I was in direct contact and even have her supposed real name, if it's a real person and not a troll. Personally, I thought about all of the possibilities and in the end didn't really care. Also, they said they were terminally ill with brain cancer and then disappeared off my facebook page sometime later. Were they real, terminally ill and passed away? Or just a troll? I dunno. Her real name was supposedly K@trina @llard - but who really knows.

Edited by OldSkool

15 minutes ago, OldSkool said:

I always thought she was just trolling. I was even talking to whomever it was via direct mesage here on GSC. Supposedly, they were in the marines and were working on getting a PHd in quantum physics. I was in direct contact and even have her supposed real name, if it's a real person and not a troll. Personally, I thought about all of the possibilities and in the end didn't really care. Also, they said they were terminally ill with brain cancer and then disappeared off my facebook page sometime later. Were they real, terminally ill and passed away? Or just a troll? I dunno. Her real name was supposedly K@trina @llard - but who really knows.

I learned a number of websites were targeted and thought "she" came from a group of university students.  

There was a place where many people had numerous doppelgangers and this was the norm.  There was a guessing game of who's who.

I think "she" was actively pitting others against each other.   But that may have been part of the game.

What was fascinating, and would take forever to explain is the non-reality created.  Or constant switching of reality.

When everything (like words) has multiple meanings or no meaning or assumed meaning or implied meaning or inferred meaning it's always a guessing game.  

It's wild.

35 minutes ago, Bolshevik said:

I learned a number of websites were targeted and thought "she" came from a group of university students.  

There was a place where many people had numerous doppelgangers and this was the norm.  There was a guessing game of who's who.

I think "she" was actively pitting others against each other.   But that may have been part of the game.

That makes sense to me. Even though we were mesagging on FB I was pretty sure it was someone trolling

9 hours ago, Bolshevik said:

Language is one thing The Way International changes in the people involved with it.  This is a common effect for those who have an experience with a cult.

My interacting with the group around that Gen-2 character that came through Greasespot Cafe changed my language too.

Is that unclear?

Was that a clarification of the post in question? If so, yes, this is much more clear.

The role LCM played in TWIs non reality . . . By yelling like he did.  Like he was a force for control when he was really a puppet.

The anxiety caused by the manifestations and the torture of witnessesing and all other aspects of twig in certainly made him more digestible.  

On 9/2/2021 at 10:32 AM, waysider said:

From what I gathered there was an audience.  The person would increasingly push the envelope on what people on this website would buy into.  They were sort of showing off to someone.

It was explained at some point the open nature of this website combined with knowing a bunch of traumatized ex cult followers makes it an easy target.

They used different forms of meta talk to communicate.  At the time I was mostly clueless.  Some folks were in on it, some folks were not.  I learned the hard way to understand.

There was a whole Facebook page dedicated to out her.  I was asking too many questions and eventually felt I got targeted as a sus.  There was a whole art or dance with that.  Whole pages came alive and everyone worked in unison.  That was shocking and can only be experienced.

Understanding what was "coded conversation" and what was just noise and what didn't need to be read into eventually was a curiosity at first.  Take it too seriously and it's time to get away from the computer.  

They even had an exit meeting.  Talking to me after experiencing one of the most intense of experiences.

I did notice other Greasespotters in there but none in some of the more intense pages I was on.  And there were many pages.

On 8/29/2021 at 4:30 AM, WordWolf said:

There's an old story.  Someone asked some tribal elder what a conscience was.  He said it was a 3-cornered thing in here (he signalled to his chest). When he did wrong, it spun, and the corners hurt him.  But if he KEPT doing wrong, then the corners would wear down and it wouldn't hurt any more.

I remember reading that in Reader's Digest about 50 years ago.  I seem to remember the three-corner stone as being in the brain, though...

George

On 8/28/2021 at 5:40 AM, Twinky said:

I had never sworn before, but came out of TWI with a marked ability to use language that most people find unacceptable (still working on getting rid of that). 

Reminds me of college.  My roommate and I were good Catholic boys.  I might have cussed on occasion, before, but not he.  When he was home, he could say, "I'm upset," and his family would ask what the problem was.  In our fraternity, that wouldn't have gotten anyone to bat an eye, so "P-ss me f---ing off!" was called for.  But it's hard to rein that back in when home for the holidays.  :jump:

George

• 3 weeks later...

Bolsh, children in the Way endured a particular kind of hell, growing up in a cult when their minds are forming.  Rosalie's next hand groomed successor Donna has children that have distanced themselves from HQ for decades.  But that plan was foiled by other Pharisees.

I think you have trauma from being screamed at associated with LCM and also with forced SIT as a child.

I don't mind reading your thoughts...  You are coming to grips with the past and overcoming trauma.