GreaseSpot Cafe

She would lose God's protection...

Rocky

Here's the same, but without the interjecting woman's comments (who does she think she is, it's not her story!)

• Upvote 1

"meditate" :biglaugh:

At age 19 it was put in writing about brushing my teeth.  As part of a much longer list.  I think LCM said Ephesians 6:1 applies until age 50 . . . not kidding

People outside the cult contribute to the cult by treating you like poison.

Listening to her story......the authoritarian control, sister-oversight, no tv or "worldly sources," etc.

.....REMINDS ME of wierwille's corps indoctrination program.

Elder corps held authority, responsibility and control OVER THE YOUNGER CORPS.  Even though there was truckloads of hypocrites who were way corps, the elder corps were deemed spiritually sharper than the new arrivals because they were more fully indoctrinated....er, trained.  Lots of dimwits who had a nametag that gave them access to abuse their authority.  Sheesh.

To this day, I still marvel how many corps grads STILL have not connected the dots on charlatan wierwille and his demented programs.  :anim-smile:

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Bolshevik said:

LCM started going berserk (because he needed another reason) cause his oldest was leaving home.  Might be the reason for that class.

It IS stressful for many parents when their first born "fledges." I still remember dropping my mother off at the Flagstaff bus station after she rode with me (in my 1958 Ford sedan) the day I moved in at Secrist Hall on the campus of Northern Arizona University. She was quite emotional (crying). I was only 17. 

It was the first time I left home, but not the last. A year later (I only endured one semester at NAU and got my Bachelor's degree at age 31 at Arizona State), she dropped me off at Phoenix Sky Harbor after I said "I do" to Uncle Sam and left for basic military training in San Antonio. Those were the days... but I digress.

The biggest thing about the young lady's declaration in the video(s) above, IMO, was her realization about inability to set boundaries. It took me years after leaving TWI before I was able to grasp that lesson.

Yes, the boundaries got pushed and shoved all over the place.

I recall from PFAL (and I've rarely heard anyone here discuss it) a bit about moving boundaries.

Deut 27:17 ‘Cursed is he who moves his neighbor’s boundary mark.’ And all the people shall say, ‘Amen.’  (NASB)

And yet, that is precisely what PFAL and all other TWI materials proceeded to do.  They removed the boundary marks in our minds - for some, perhaps a good thing but for many others, a very, very bad thing - the boundaries of common decency, honesty, integrity, physical contact, sexual contact, and moving through other aspects of self-preservation.  Everything.  It started before PFAL, actually; the first twig probably saw everyone getting hugs and maybe kisses, regardless of whether or not the newbie liked being hugged by strangers.

It wasn't "loving encouragement" to grow and "be enlarged" by moving our own boundaries.  No, in some cases it was a full-scale assault on decent, appropriately established boundaries.

My boundaries got very blurred, very confused.  I think they are back now in the places where I'm comfortable with them being.  It took years, like Rocky, like most of us.

God CURSES them, for moving boundaries.

God is not the author of confusion.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Twinky said:

Yes, the boundaries got pushed and shoved all over the place.

I recall from PFAL (and I've rarely heard anyone here discuss it) a bit about moving boundaries.

Deut 27:17 ‘Cursed is he who moves his neighbor’s boundary mark.’ And all the people shall say, ‘Amen.’  (NASB)

And yet, that is precisely what PFAL and all other TWI materials proceeded to do.  They removed the boundary marks in our minds - for some, perhaps a good thing but for many others, a very, very bad thing - the boundaries of common decency, honesty, integrity, physical contact, sexual contact, and moving through other aspects of self-preservation.  Everything.  It started before PFAL, actually; the first twig probably saw everyone getting hugs and maybe kisses, regardless of whether or not the newbie liked being hugged by strangers.

It wasn't "loving encouragement" to grow and "be enlarged" by moving our own boundaries.  No, in some cases it was a full-scale assault on decent, appropriately established boundaries.

My boundaries got very blurred, very confused.  I think they are back now in the places where I'm comfortable with them being.  It took years, like Rocky, like most of us.

God CURSES them, for moving boundaries.

God is not the author of confusion.

Excellent post Twinky !!!! :eusa_clap: