GreaseSpot Cafe

What was the name of the cabin for praying and SIT located in the Way Woods @HQ?

jrglade

Question

Hello all. I left in the Fall of 1982 just after the ROA. Just read Undertow and it brought back a lot of memories.  I am racking my brain 

trying to remember what they called that little cabin in the woods that members could go to during the Rock to quietly meditate and “SIT.”  

Does anyone remember this?  Thanks in advance.

7 answers to this question

38 minutes ago, Modgellan said:

It has been a lot of years for me since then, but I *think* it was called “The House of His Healing Presence”.

I believe you are correct, Modgellan.

House of his Healing Presence!  Yes, that's it!  Thank you!

As an aside, I read Losing the Way a couple of years ago, and recently Undertow.  

Prompted me to come back to this site and learn more.  

So glad GSC is still active, its really a goldmine of information and so helpful.

It has been about 40 years since I left, give or take, but I still find myself thinking back and

I really appreciate that this site, and you all, are here and active.

If I recall correctly......House of His Healing Presence was just west of that small cabin in the Way Woods.  Material for HHHP was from Hoge Lumber Company in New Knoxville, Ohio......the strips of bark that are unusable in construction work.  Thus, it supposedly was to symbolize "humbleness" to use strip bark for the siding of this House of His Healing Presence.  Open to the skies......to see the glory of the Lord.