GreaseSpot Cafe

Publically Critiquing Someone's Life and Choices Upon Death

skyrider

24 minutes ago, Raf said:

Decide how you want to spend your Sunday.

Okay fine…well then, I just might listen to a few old Sunday Night Teaching Tapes I’ve got stored in a Rubbermaid storage tub in the attic…what’s that you say? The extreme temperatures of an attic are murder on cassette tapes? …Yes, I know. (gleefully snickers)…Smithers, fetch me attic storage tub number 25 with the hazardous waste material sticker on it. Chop chop!

Mrburns.gif

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Rocky said:

That, I don't think, was the discussion subject.

I know Rocky, I'm just tired of this whole "you're a crackpot because you disagree with me or the Biden admin or Fauci or the CDC or MSNBC or what SOME of the scientists say" ...It's a 'virus' in itself, the whole 'cancel culture' 'woke' think brigade...throwing out inuendos against dissenting positions because it's important to feel one is right !! 

13 hours ago, skyrider said:

We keep talking PAST EACH OTHER.

That's why I asked you to clarify.

Reading your most recent comments, you may have clarified the point some. OTOH, What Raf and Modgellan posted are valid points too.

If I'm understanding you, you don't like that anyone is criticizing JAL and his years of Christian service at this time, regardless of how anyone has addressed their points about him, even though no one has said anything for personal gain or to protect themselves from emotional or organizational harm.

Does that reflect what you intended to communicate?

Thanks Rocky........

To clarify:

1. In the "John Lynn Legacy" thread......we were notified of his death.  That first day or so, some took issue with his stance on mask wearing and vaccines.....inferring that he got covid-19 and died.  None of us really know that for sure, do we?  He had cancer and possibly other comorbidity health issues; he was 76 or 77 years old, right?  Sure, Lynn was stubborn and could have worn a mask (etc.) to help prolong his life and safeguard others......but I don't feel the need to lay that on his tombstone.  My oldest son is a cancer doctor and I do have some in-depth knowledge of that subject.
  2. Having been manipulated, demonized and bullied by twi.......I detest those who do it.  The "concept" of compartmentalizing John's "legacy thread" down to a fragment of his "misinformation teachings" when he's given over 50 years of life to Christian service seems petty.  But then, it seems like human nature only seems to remember the last few things one did.  And yet, publically critiquing (ridiculing and condemning) someone immediately upon death is WHAT TWI-LEADERSHIP DID CONSISTENTLY.  Here at GSC, we should be able to discern how petty and irresponsible that is.
  3. Regarding mask wearing, vaccinations, therapeutics, zinc, vitamin D, ivermectin, etc. etc. etc.......I am for any and all of the above.  Whatever helps us to move forward in healing and wholeness.  We are still in the EARLY STAGES OF LEARNING all that we need to know about covid-19 and its upcoming variants.  Medical doctors disagree at several junctures.  Nurses and first-responders are refusing to take the vaccinations and are being terminated by hospitals.  Some healthcare people who have been serving covid patients for 18 months do NOT want to take the vaccines.  Why?  Why is no one asking them?  Why is there such a blackout of media on learning why the opposition?  Here at GreaseSpot, WE PRIDE OURSELVES ON TELLING THE OTHER SIDE OF THE STORY......what is the "other side" of the story with these healthcare workers?
  4. I waited one week after Lynn's death to start a discussion.  Isn't that what GSC is all about?  We listen to each other's point of view.  Just like you, Rocky, are doing right now.  Yet, at times.....there seems to be bullying.  Rarely, do I disagree with the moderators.....but I do here in this instance.  Maybe, it's time for me to step away from GSC.  This place, at times, is becoming the very thing that I despise .......bullying tactics.
  5. Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.  In Mark 8:15....after the feeding the four thousand people loaves and fish, Jesus commands his disciples..."And he charged them saying, Take heed, beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and the leaven of Herod."  Clearly, we see two distinct groups of authoritarians: 1) Religious Hierarchy and 2) Political Hierarchy.  What is the message? Beware and vigilant of those who wield power over you.  We have the right and responsibility to question those in authority.......health agencies, religious leaders, politicians (both sides!!), etc.  
  6. I value open discussion.  GSC is unique.  All other splinter groups have closed ranks and shut off questioning wierwille's narcissism and  authoritarian rule over twi.  A questioning mind is a healthy mind.

Thanks for your concern, Rocky.  I appreciate you reaching out.  

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, skyrider said:

My oldest son is a cancer doctor and I do have some in-depth knowledge of that subject.

Congrats, Skyrider. I figure you are rightfully proud of him.

44 minutes ago, skyrider said:

it seems like human nature only seems to remember the last few things one did.  And yet, publicly critiquing (ridiculing and condemning) someone immediately upon death is WHAT TWI-LEADERSHIP DID CONSISTENTLY.  Here at GSC, we should be able to discern how petty and irresponsible that is.

Intuitively, it does seem that human nature is like that. Yet, I also suspect there are personal concerns at work for some who take issue with JALs legacy. On the surface, it does seem petty though I'm not sure irresponsible is a fair characterization, as those who may have been touched in a not so wholesome way by John's ministry might be reluctant to get specific publicly about those concerns. 

50 minutes ago, skyrider said:

Some healthcare people who have been serving covid patients for 18 months do NOT want to take the vaccines.  Why?  Why is no one asking them?  Why is there such a blackout of media on learning why the opposition?  Here at GreaseSpot, WE PRIDE OURSELVES ON TELLING THE OTHER SIDE OF THE STORY......what is the "other side" of the story with these healthcare workers?

I don't know why nurses who refuse vaccination do so. But here's MY story. Or rather, a first cousin (once removed, she's in her mid-thirties and has been a covid ICU nurse since the pandemic started. SHE has felt great stress (and PTSD) over the many deaths she's witnessed and the patients she's attended (ministered) to. She doesn't understand why nurses would refuse the life-saving preventative vaccination. And she's very vocal about it.

Family I visited in upstate NY in June, a sister, BIL, and two college-age nieces, all contracted covid infections in the fall of 2020. Obviously, that was before vaccinations were available. They recovered and got vaxxed as soon as they could.

In a MIL unit attached to their house, my (half) sister's mother lives. She's in her 90s. She got vaxxed as soon as she could and has avoided infection.

The information available from the CDC and the FDA is unequivocal regarding masks and vaccinations. Last Monday, I got the Pfizer booster. It wasn't a political decision. There has been some coverage of those resistant to what appears to be sound public health guidance. Those resisting, for the most part, do not seem to be basing their decisions on sound public health guidance.

A close friend of mine, and his family, have a long history of avoiding vaccinations of all kinds. Their reasons are personal and I don't understand them. But they ARE friends AND they do not resist wearing masks to protect others.

1 hour ago, skyrider said:
  1. We have the right and responsibility to question those in authority.......health agencies, religious leaders, politicians (both sides!!), etc.  
  2. I value open discussion.  GSC is unique.  All other splinter groups have closed ranks and shut off questioning wierwille's narcissism and  authoritarian rule over twi.  A questioning mind is a healthy mind.

Thanks for your concern, Rocky.  I appreciate you reaching out.  

I agree that we have the right and responsibility to question authority, to a degree. I also value open discussion. 

I would turn the one sentence around: Healthy minds question. Not necessarily are all questioning minds healthy. :wink2: But that's a discussion for another day. :love3:

1 hour ago, skyrider said:

WE PRIDE OURSELVES ON TELLING THE OTHER SIDE OF THE STORY......what is the "other side" of the story with these healthcare workers?

To your question, and unless moderators decide not to allow this to remain in the thread, here's the other side of the story regarding Washington, DC, from the Washington Post. Because I subscribe to WaPo, access to this news report should be available to anyone who clicks the link and they won't be charged or blocked from seeing it.

The report cites religious exemption as the most commonly requested reason for a waiver of the vaccination requirement. Some of those are probably legit deeply held beliefs. But some of the are clearly just like adolescents who don't understand freedom doesn't come without responsibility.

"Firefighters who are against the vaccine mandate say the exemption requests are a reflection of genuine expressions of faith that, for many, have grounded them during the difficulties of the pandemic. They also responded to safety concerns by citing unvaccinated firefighters’ adherence to the current weekly testing option, with the need to show a negative result to assume duty."

and

Norman Brooks, 37, a firefighter who has served for about 15 years and is a member of the group, said the mandate is a “violation of people’s basic rights.”

Edited by Rocky

and

Henderson said her concerns were largely fueled by the fact that D.C. fire personnel live in close quarters where they probably interact without personal protective equipment. She envisioned a scenario where an entire firehouse could be shut down, or severely stymied, because of an outbreak.

In response to safety concerns, Jones pointed to the weekly testing requirement.

“We’ve been serving safely and courageously throughout this pandemic,” Jones said. “We are currently testing. People are providing negative tests before they’re assuming duty.”

The point seems to be that public safety workers largely (but not exclusively) accept the responsibility for protecting themselves and the public.

This would be in contrast to what a certain recently deceased friend of ours boldly proclaimed in contrast. Licensed health care professionals wouldn't be able to maintain their license if they defied masking requirements, it would seem obvious.

We pride ourselves on telling the other side of the story ABOUT TWI.

Not "the other side of the story" about the shape of the earth.

Not "the other side of the story" about the moon landing.

Not "the other side of the story" about whether Sandy Hook or Parkland happened.

On the legacy thread, if you want to defend the misinformation that prematurely killed John Lynn, NO ONE HAS STOPPED YOU FROM DOING SO,.

On this thread it is out of place and you know it.

Why don't you just admit that this thread was never about what's "cool" or about showing sensitivity for the grieving? It has always been about defending the anti-vax, anti-mask position from the role it played in John's death.

Edited by Raf

2 hours ago, Rocky said:

the exemption requests are a reflection of genuine expressions of faith

A genuine expression of my faith is to get vaxxed and where necessary wear a mask.  Because it shows respect for, and protects, other people.  An in part because I work with a lot of very elderly people.  I don't want to be responsible for anything nasty for them.

Right now, I have a heavy cold. Only a cold.  Defo not covid; I tested.  But when I went to church yesterday, I wore a mask.  To protect others.  It was either that, or not go at all.

Is having respect for others really so hard for some people?  Where, then, is one's "faith"?

• Upvote 1

Or this one...

https://www.npr.org/2021/09/18/1037975289/unvaccinated-covid-19-vaccine-refuse-nurses-heath-care-workers

Honestly, the "why hasn't anyone asked these people" narrative is either misinformed or a flat out lie.

But if you want to keep discussing it, maybe get the other side of the story from the 90+% of health care workers and nurses who have supported and taken the vaccines while holding the hands of dying patients who dismissed the severity of this disease until it was too late.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Allan said:

I know Rocky, I'm just tired of this whole "you're a crackpot because you disagree with me or the Biden admin or Fauci or the CDC or MSNBC or what SOME of the scientists say" ...It's a 'virus' in itself, the whole 'cancel culture' 'woke' think brigade...throwing out inuendos against dissenting positions because it's important to feel one is right !! 

We have managed to discuss the public health issues without bringing politics into it. Personally, I think your post and mine settled it: let people make up their own minds. But I guess there's a need to continue exploring it. We can do that without evoking the bogeyman of cancel culture or our distaste for politically appointed credentialed scientists and the politicians who do or do not heed their advice.

Leave politics out of it.

8 hours ago, Raf said:

I'm always amazed at people who answer questions nobody asks.

Like, why isn't anyone asking this question that got answered despite no one asking thousands of people?

https://www.crainsdetroit.com/health-care/why-are-some-health-care-workers-refusing-covid-vaccine

The reasons behind the health care workers’ vaccine hesitancy were varied, with the most common reasons cited being how quickly the vaccine was developed, insufficient safety and effectiveness data, a disbelief that the vaccine would protect them from COVID-19 infection, and concerns about serious side effects. Nurses were much more likely than physicians, nurse practitioners, nurse midwives, and physician assistants to be vaccine hesitant. Physicians were almost uniformly in favor of the vaccine. Other staff who don’t provide clinical care, such as food service workers and security personnel, had higher rates of vaccine hesitancy.

Respondents who had previously been infected with COVID-19 were more likely to be vaccine hesitant, as were women and Black employees.

Dr. Abram Wagner, a member of the team that sent out the survey and a U of M research assistant professor of epidemiology who studies vaccine hesitancy, previously noted that systemic racism in health care can cause deeply rooted mistrust of the health care landscape and can deter people of color from pursuing the vaccine.

In total, about 29 percent of the study’s respondents reported at least one concern with the COVID-19 vaccine — including about 21 percent of those who had gotten the vaccine or were planning on getting it.

This, Moniz said, is especially important to note because it suggests that people who are currently vaccine hesitant could be persuaded to get a vaccine.

“It suggests there’s a spectrum of beliefs here, and we can help move folks along that spectrum to where people who have concerns may choose to get vaccinated,” she said. “That’s all the more reason to engage with folks and have honest and compassionate conversations that validate people’s concerns but strongly encourage folks to get vaccines.”

8 hours ago, Raf said:

NEW YORK, Oct 3 (Reuters) - Jennifer Bridges loved her job as a nurse at Houston Methodist Hospital, where she worked for eight years, but she chose to get fired rather than inoculated against COVID-19, believing that the vaccine was more of a threat than the deadly virus.

2 minutes ago, Rocky said:

NEW YORK, Oct 3 (Reuters) - Jennifer Bridges loved her job as a nurse at Houston Methodist Hospital, where she worked for eight years, but she chose to get fired rather than inoculated against COVID-19, believing that the vaccine was more of a threat than the deadly virus.

Obviously, data in the public sphere has demonstrated that the vaccine has, at worst, mild side-effects. Nobody has been killed by the vaccine.

OTOH, people WE KNOW have been killed by the virus, in increasing numbers of cases those deaths are preventable when people heed sound public health and safety guidance. It's overwhelmingly sad, but true that the only threat to freedom in the pandemic has been death itself.

I have not read this entire forum because I am super busy, but what I have read compares the leadership of the Way International to some of the 1st century people. Simply often not the followers of Jesus Christ, but instead the 1st century Pharisees or at least some similarities to their mindset of wanting to religiously rule.  Not as bad as the 1st century Pharisees who sometimes murdered followers of Jesus Christ or at least worked with the Roman Empire to have followers of Christ murdered with no crime for them. Obviously because they got away with murder by working with the Roman Empire, they will be judged at the 2nd resurrection of the unjust and could qualify as political or religious biblical beasts. We all make mistakes in our lives and when someone who claims to be a follower of Jesus Christ makes a mistake in not following the mindset of Jesus Christ as our loving savior. We can simply let them know their mistake even in person, while hopefully doing this in a peaceful way and simply this could or can be done with the leadership of the Way International. In the early 1980s when I met Victor Wierwille in person at an event I did this. I knew the problem with the hierarchy structure with leaders esteemed highly compared to other followers of Jesus Christ. I walked up to him and told him that you look familiar, but I can not remember your name, but it sounds something like, "Wear Something". Perhaps I was inspired by God because of his problem with having sex with multiple ladies because he was highly esteemed and could get away with that, while others received more criticism. Victor Wierwille answered and said his name was "Werewolf" and we laughed. He was with his best friend and we all laughed.  Then I apologized to Victor for not calling him the animal "werewolf" and we laughed again. 

Edited by Mark Sanguinetti

Indeed, some hospital workers are refusing the vaccine mandate. UCH is firing 119 employees, but that is out of a workforce of over 26,000. That is less than 1/2 of 1%. Of those 119, the vast majority are support workers, not doctors, nurses or other medically trained employees.

There is not really a big movement of medical people refusing vaccinations and masks in Colorado, but yeah, go ahead and ask them why they refuse. I don’t really care about their reasons. I wish them well but them being away from patients is a good thing IMNSHO.

• Upvote 1

On 10/5/2021 at 5:57 AM, Rocky said:

Obviously, data in the public sphere has demonstrated that the vaccine has, at worst, mild side-effects. Nobody has been killed by the vaccine.

OTOH, people WE KNOW have been killed by the virus, in increasing numbers of cases those deaths are preventable when people heed sound public health and safety guidance. It's overwhelmingly sad, but true that the only threat to freedom in the pandemic has been death itself.

Are you serious ?? Nobodies been killed by the vaccine ?? 
RACGP - Two more AstraZeneca-linked deaths in past week: TGA

On 10/4/2021 at 7:19 PM, Twinky said:

A genuine expression of my faith is to get vaxxed and where necessary wear a mask.  Because it shows respect for, and protects, other people.  An in part because I work with a lot of very elderly people.  I don't want to be responsible for anything nasty for them.

Right now, I have a heavy cold. Only a cold.  Defo not covid; I tested.  But when I went to church yesterday, I wore a mask.  To protect others.  It was either that, or not go at all.

Is having respect for others really so hard for some people?  Where, then, is one's "faith"?

A genui !ne reflection of MY faith is that because the original vaccines were developed using aborted foetal tissue I will not be getting jabbed

5 hours ago, Allan said:

A genui !ne reflection of MY faith is that because the original vaccines were developed using aborted foetal tissue I will not be getting jabbed

You might find this of interest, Allan.  Do watch the short video.

Vaccine Ingredients – Fetal Cells | Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (chop.edu)

Edited by Twinky

5 hours ago, Allan said:

There are no fetal cells in vaccines. The material in question is fetal cell lineage from abortions that were performed 40 to 50 years ago. They are thousands of generations removed from the original. It is a common practice to use these cells in the development of new medicines because of their predictability.

• Like 1