GreaseSpot Cafe

Publically Critiquing Someone's Life and Choices Upon Death

skyrider

5 hours ago, Allan said:

And the side effects are minimal ?? I beg to differ....

Finland pauses use of Moderna COVID-19 vaccine in young people (msn.com)

I don't want to appear to be jumping on you but here are some things to consider:

1. The virus, itself, can and does cause clotting and heart problems. So, you are taking a chance on experiencing clots by NOT getting vaccinated.

2. The vaccine is of the intramuscular variety. This means it must be injected into muscle tissue, and not into a blood vessel. If it is inadvertently injected into a blood vessel, it can have the potential of causing problems. When you get a shot and see the person  pull back on the needle, they are looking for traces of blood. This is called aspiration. If they observe blood, they should not continue with the injection. The vaccines being discussed are to be injected high in the deltoid muscle. There is a very low chance of encountering a blood vessel there but the human body is not perfect and some people might have vascular tissue there.  Many of the people giving injections have not been trained to aspirate intramuscular injections, but it's still a wise practice to follow. If you get the jab, you can ask your practitioner to please aspirate if it makes you feel safer. I'm not a medical professional so this information may not be exactly correct. Please do your own investigating and listen only to credible sources.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, waysider said:

I don't want to appear to be jumping on you but here are some things to consider:

1. The virus, itself, can and does cause clotting and heart problems. So, you are taking a chance on experiencing clots by NOT getting vaccinated.

2. The vaccine is of the intramuscular variety. This means it must be injected into muscle tissue, and not into a blood vessel. If it is inadvertently injected into a blood vessel, it can have the potential of causing problems. When you get a shot and see the person  pull back on the needle, they are looking for traces of blood. This is called aspiration. If they observe blood, they should not continue with the injection. The vaccines being discussed are to be injected high in the deltoid muscle. There is a very low chance of encountering a blood vessel there but the human body is not perfect and some people might have vascular tissue there.  Many of the people giving injections have not been trained to aspirate intramuscular injections, but it's still a wise practice to follow. If you get the jab, you can ask your practitioner to please aspirate if it makes you feel safer. I'm not a medical professional so this information may not be exactly correct. Please do your own investigating and listen only to credible sources.

Good post, Waysider !!!!

that’s some good info for everyone to know

8 hours ago, Allan said:

Are you serious ?? Nobodies been killed by the vaccine ?? 
RACGP - Two more AstraZeneca-linked deaths in past week: TGA

Courtesy of your very own link:

"Fewer than one in a million doses have led to deaths in Australia.  Meanwhile, at the time of publication on 2 September, 1012 people had died from COVID in Australia from 56,212 confirmed cases (1.8 per 100)."

In plain English, there's always a tiny risk of doing ANYTHING- including staying at home and 'doing nothing.' A SENSIBLE person plays the odds and minimizes risks SENSIBLY.    Let's see,  get COVID and risk of death is 1.8% in Australia right now.  Get the vaccine and the risk of death is BELOW  0.00001% in Australia.  Seriously, any look at the odds would tell you to get the vaccine- including your own link! 

7 hours ago, Allan said:

And the side effects are minimal ?? I beg to differ....

Finland pauses use of Moderna COVID-19 vaccine in young people (msn.com)

I think it's embarrassing that you're making your case with links that point out the risks of vaccination are minimal compared to risks of refusing vaccination.

Courtesy of your own link:

On the risks of side-effects to Moderna-

"It added: 'The risk of  being affected is very small.'   "'These are typically mild cases and individuals tend to recover within a short time following standard treatment and rest,' they wrote. "

"  Heart inflammation is also a symptom of many viral infections like COVID-19, though, and the likelihood of developing the inflammation after infection is much higher than it is after vaccination. "

So, the experts didn't say to leave kids unvaccinated.  They said

"they will be offered the Pfizer-BioNTech immunization instead. "

"Norway, another Nordic country, has not taken as drastic action as its neighbors, with health officials urging people under 30 to opt for the Pfizer vaccine instead. " 

So, the risk is small, and the solution was to give kids a different vaccine.  

Thank you for posting another article showing that people are a lot safer taking the vaccines than skipping the vaccines.

11 hours ago, Allan said:

Are you serious ?? Nobodies been killed by the vaccine ?? 
RACGP - Two more AstraZeneca-linked deaths in past week: TGA

Allan, THIS is a complete derailing of the thread away from the accepted topic of comment on publicly criticizing (or not) a person shortly after the person's passing.

Are you seriously not interested at all in the thread topic?

1 hour ago, Rocky said:

Allan, THIS is a complete derailing of the thread away from the accepted topic of comment on publicly criticizing (or not) a person shortly after the person's passing.

Are you seriously not interested at all in the thread topic?

WW, I'm not embarrased at all...Rockys the one who should be embarrassed for making the statement "there have been no deaths and side effects are minor after being vaccinated for covid"
As for yourself brushing them off as some type of 'collateral damage'...shame on you !!

11 minutes ago, Allan said:

WW, I'm not embarrased at all...Rockys the one who should be embarrassed for making the statement "there have been no deaths and side effects are minor after being vaccinated for covid"
As for yourself brushing them off as some type of 'collateral damage'...shame on you !!

The question was not whether you were or would be embarrassed, but whether you are INTERESTED at all  in the actual topic of this thread. It seems you are not.

Ok, I've been trying to let this go because I've participated in the thread.

THIS THREAD IS ABOUT: the propriety of saying "negative" things about those who have died in the immediate wake of their passing. Because it was implicitly about JAL, there was some latitude in exploring what was said about him [namely, comparing that conversation to the behavior described in the opening post]. To explore the issue adequately, we did have to make observations that would otherwise be off topic. The observations were made. Counterobservations were made. Ok, fine.

THIS THREAD IS NOT ABOUT:

COVID and the best ways to prevent its spread.

Future posts that are not on topic will be deleted without warning or apology.

Edited by Raf
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I apologize for being drawn into what became a side discussion. I felt the need to clarify some information that I felt had the potential for misinterpretation.

That being said, I'm reminded of Mark Antony's oration in Shakespeare's Julius Caesar (Act3/scene ii). It still applies today.

"The evil that men do lives after them; the good is oft interred with their bones."

The full impact of what's being said here is more apparent when read in full context.

• Upvote 2

VPW's headstone/monument says something like "I wish I was the man I knew to be"

(wish is a no-no word, so that may not be exact)

His last words are rumored to be "I think I've made a great mistake" 

I like the lack of ambiguity in these statements.  Very clear to the reader.