GreaseSpot Cafe

WANTED: Seasoned Ex-Corps Leaders to Come Back

skyrider

8 hours ago, Rocky said:

I was neither impressed nor trying to impress anyone about him. Just posting what I easily found. :wink2:

Understood.  Thanks Rocky.

When one steps back and thinks about this......these guys "pal around" together, but some have THEIR OWN WEBSITES AND AGENDAS.  

Under the umbrella of R&R...... they portray themselves as an alternative to twi.  But when it comes to wierwille-doctrine and groupthink, these CORPS-BOTS are the same as twi.  Different label.....but same contents inside.

• Upvote 1

On 10/17/2021 at 4:50 PM, skyrider said:

According to someone I trust for reliable information......twi is starting to reach out and solicit/summon ex-corps grads to come back.  Apparently, there is a growing demand for Limb coordinators.  Huge swaths of states do NOT have adequate or no leadership.  Seems that few are willing to take on the task and challenge of running a state.

It not a huge demand in terms of TWI is really starting to grow. It's a demand caused by kicking out active way corps when you already dont have that many people in the first place. They are truly clueless.

• Upvote 1

On 10/18/2021 at 1:11 AM, WordWolf said:

-Rosa-lie has had a staffer print out threads from here for her to read as hard-copies, which is rather inefficient.

Im noit sure if this is still in effect since Rosalie got voted off the corn field by Vern John and Bill...but I know first hand that Rosalie would not use a computer and refused to have one in her office, so she had John L!nd3r print them out for her daily. This was a confidential practice that very few knew about, but I used to work for L!nd3r and asked what he was doing one day when I was in his office while he was compiling them. The answer was that the BOD liked to monitor grease spot for credible threats and such. As in these narcissitic twits really think that we are going to have death threats against them posted on GSC before on of us GSC possessos go do some sort of heinous crime against them. The sad truth is they are pretty much irrelevant except in their own world and people here are just telling what they know happened(s).

Im not sure if Vern and the gang still do this in the same way, but suffice to say we are "officially" monitored.

Yeah, this reminds me of an incident I had at a previous job, years ago. When I arrived in the morning, the boss told me he had bad news and worse news. I said give me the bad news first. He said "All but one of the technicians just quit and walked out." I asked "What could be worse than that?"  He said "Well, you're the one who didn't".

It took a long time for me to see  the hilarity in that.

(True story, BTW.)

On 10/21/2021 at 4:45 PM, Rocky said:

some others from the R and R group are also listed as teachers at the Montana Rock of Ages clone festival.

Well, I don't know how credible (or not) Skyrider's OP for this thread may be, but I do see a pattern here that is most likely related.

Old wine in new wineskins? Or is it new wine in old wineskins? Does it matter?

We (at GSC) apparently aren't the only ones being monitored. The link above promotes the Young Adult Rock which they have scheduled for three days next August! Must be foundational class grads (or guests thereof), between the ages of 18 and 35 (inclusive), and pay a registration fee of $100 (plus, apparently processing fees).

Join us for the experience of a lifetime! For the first time in decades, The Way International will host a Christian music festival for young adults from around the world.

Do you want to grow in your relationship with God?
Do you want to see His power at work greater in your life?
Do you want to expand your capacity to love God and others?
Do you want to meet other young adults who love God and serve Him?
THEN REGISTER TODAY FOR THE YOUNG ADULT ROCK!

The festival will take place on August 12–14, 2022, in New Knoxville, Ohio. There will be hot Bible, inspiring music, delicious food, time to fellowship, camping accommodations, special surprises, and some throwbacks to our ministry’s first Rock of Ages in 1971. It’s the Rock of Ages for a new generation! It’s the Young Adult Rock!

Oh boy! I can't wait... (oh, probably most of us here at gsc are outside of the required age range)

Edited by Rocky

Do you want to grow in your relationship with God?
Do you want to see His power at work greater in your life?
Do you want to expand your capacity to love God and others?

I'm so EXCITED about finding the answers to these questions. Oh, wait, they didn't promise the answers, they just identified their target marks for the latest con.

Do you think anyone might conjure up any data to support claims twi will actually provide credible answers to those questions? 

8 hours ago, OldSkool said:

Im noit sure if this is still in effect since Rosalie got voted off the corn field by Vern John and Bill...but I know first hand that Rosalie would not use a computer and refused to have one in her office, so she had John L!nd3r print them out for her daily. This was a confidential practice that very few knew about, but I used to work for L!nd3r and asked what he was doing one day when I was in his office while he was compiling them. The answer was that the BOD liked to monitor grease spot for credible threats and such. As in these narcissitic twits really think that we are going to have death threats against them posted on GSC before on of us GSC possessos go do some sort of heinous crime against them. The sad truth is they are pretty much irrelevant except in their own world and people here are just telling what they know happened(s).

Im not sure if Vern and the gang still do this in the same way, but suffice to say we are "officially" monitored.

When I got confronted about my GSC involvement by the Limb Coordinator 20 years ago I was presented with a pile of paper containing my posts under my original alias: Twyril. 

15 hours ago, Rocky said:

Well, I don't know how credible (or not) Skyrider's OP for this thread may be, but I do see a pattern here that is most likely related.

We (at GSC) apparently aren't the only ones being monitored. The link above promotes the Young Adult Rock which they have scheduled for three days next August! Must be foundational class grads (or guests thereof), between the ages of 18 and 35 (inclusive), and pay a registration fee of $100 (plus, apparently processing fees).

Well.......finally, twi's bod has identified ONE of their problemsThey are aging out.

Ideas?  Ideas?  How about this?.......from YAWN (young adult way news)......let's have a "young rock festival" with the primary marketing scheme of hot bible.... er, music.  Let's target the age group 18-35 year olds and make the foundational class a requirement for attendance.

Gee......they could do the same thing wierwille did back in 1971.  

Get the youth to come to Ohio......with "rock" music as a focal point.

Oh, and.......be sure to order pizza delivery.  :anim-smile:

14 hours ago, Rocky said:

Well.......finally, twi's bod has identified ONE of their problemsThey are aging out.

Ideas?  Ideas?  How about this?.......from YAWN (young adult way news)......let's have a "young rock festival" with the primary marketing scheme of hot bible.... er, music.  Let's target the age group 18-35 year olds and make the foundational class a requirement for attendance.

Gee......they could do the same thing wierwille did back in 1971.  

Get the youth to come to Ohio......with "rock" music as a focal point.

Oh, and.......be sure to order pizza delivery.  :anim-smile:

20 hours ago, OldSkool said:

It not a huge demand in terms of TWI is really starting to grow. It's a demand caused by kicking out active way corps when you already dont have that many people in the first place. They are truly clueless.

EXACTLY.  It's simply another attempt to find others who will shuffle the deck chairs on the Titanic.

Everything is optics with twi...........everything!

• Upvote 1

If not eligible for YARock, how about a "winter wonderland" holiday?

No hypocrisy here, celebrating holidays, "decking the halls" and such like.  (Cough, cough!)  Or does TWI celebrate Christmas now? Enjoy entertainment with the family (could be better than staying home, eating too much, watching too much TV and playing too much Monopoly) (and having a family fight).
Anyhow.  For any of you who might have been interested, sorry, you've missed the closing date.  Note, the "lodging of your choice" costs extra.

Celebrating the holidays at Camp Gunnison—The Way Household Ranch is unlike any other holiday experience. Unplug from the world and enjoy good, old-fashioned holiday games and entertainment with family and friends. Take in the crisp mountain air and beautiful views while spending time in a Gunnison winter wonderland. Fill up on delicious hot meals, and decorate your own sweet treats at the camp. Lend a hand to deck the halls with a beautiful holiday tree straight from the Gunnison National Forest. Enjoy a day set aside for exploring the surrounding Gunnison and Crested Butte areas, including winter activities like skiing, snowmobiling, and ice-skating. Share memorable fellowship with loved ones and new friends. Best of all, savor plenty of precious quiet time with your heavenly Father, away from the noise of everyday life.

Event Fee/Meal Package Prices
US$190 per adult
US$145 for children 6–12 years
US$125 for children 2–5 years
(Lodging of your choice is an additional cost.)
Registration closes Friday, October 22, 2021[/quote/]
Edited by Twinky

14 hours ago, Twinky said:

If not eligible for YARock, how about a "winter wonderland" holiday?

No hypocrisy here, celebrating holidays, "decking the halls" and such like.  (Cough, cough!)  Or does TWI celebrate Christmas now? Enjoy entertainment with the family (could be better than staying home, eating too much, watching too much TV and playing too much Monopoly) (and having a family fight).
Anyhow.  For any of you who might have been interested, sorry, you've missed the closing date.  Note, the "lodging of your choice" costs extra.

Heck, TWI ALWAYS celebrated Christmas in ways virtually indistinguishable from most American; if they were consistent about not honoring days or seasons they'd be like the JWs & December 25th would be just another day. I mean, why was it a household holiday? 

22 hours ago, skyrider said:

This has been a problem on its way for 30+ years. The late 60s/early 70s numerical growth was fueled by young people who wanted something different than what their parents' churches had to offer. As cultish as we now know TWI has always been, for us young people back then, TWI, at least upon our initial exposure, was exciting. For the children of the first few waves of PFAL grads, TWI was their parents' church and was anything but exciting. Besides, by the 90s there was an evangelical or "full Bible" church on every street corner that claimed to deliver the same "accuracy of The Word" that TWI did...there was plenty of choice, it wasn't just TWI vs. mainstream Christianity any more. 

• Upvote 2

On 10/21/2021 at 7:32 PM, skyrider said:

Yeah......and slavit associates with ex-corps coordinators and grifters......to keep his name on the "front burner?"

Not impressed.  Corps Coordinators were the "indoctrinators and enforcers" of wierwillian-mythology.  :anim-smile:

gene and sherry are good people.  the way abused them beyond what you would believe.  i am happy for them.  he always was a research nut and i'm glad he is putting it to good use.  glad hes teaching school in LA - thats a lifetime teaching job and he is a good teacher.  damn glad God is multiplying their success like Job.  i know nothing of their current associations or reasoning, havent spoken in many years.

no i'm not packing up the camper and joining the old folks revival in montana.  not my deal.  

and i'm not a fan of the ex corpse coords.  except i believe rico to be genuine and to have put in genuine work on the classes his ministry offers.   as such they would be better than the ways classes.  but i know nothing of associations and strings and whatever else is involved in that group.

as far as associations, i dunno - at least a bunch of those individual ministries working together in any sense more resembles activity that I believe to be more like the genuine body of Christ than the ways isolationist hooey.  i think the r and r represents a collective offshoot group.  i personally choose not to preserve anything remotely attached to wierwille, i believe my journey God is leading through other christian influences.  but if ex way folks find a support system there its ok by me.  unless they buy a motorcoach.   :biglaugh:

but i 100% get the aversion to ex corpse coordinators.  i concur.  those clowns were the worst of the worst, like starting a new jewish ministry with ss gestapo members.  how bout they stfu for the next couple decades.

and the way int?  they that trouble their own house will inherit the wind.  so shellac away preserving that auditorium and broadcast equipment paid for with blood money.

• Upvote 1

On 10/23/2021 at 10:58 AM, OldSkool said:

good.  then i don' t need a f ing microphone

:spy:

On 10/21/2021 at 9:32 PM, skyrider said:

Yeah......and slavit associates with ex-corps coordinators and grifters......to keep his name on the "front burner?"

Not impressed.  Corps Coordinators were the "indoctrinators and enforcers" of wierwillian-mythology.  :anim-smile:

Gene worked close to my mom the whole time we were there. From knowing him as a kid, I would tend to believe that he's doing what he has to to provide for a family bereft of income after xx years working for pennies, if I was inclined to believe he was grifting at all.  My impression: smart dude who can provide real value. Not sure what unlucky trick caused him to become sucked up for so long.

7 hours ago, chockfull said:

but i 100% get the aversion to ex corpse coordinators.  i concur.  those clowns were the worst of the worst, like starting a new jewish ministry with ss gestapo members.  how bout they stfu for the next couple decades.

1000 + upvotes

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/21/2021 at 4:45 PM, Rocky said:

And may have taught at a Rock of Ages clone in Montana over the 4th of July weekend. Btw, some others from the R and R group are also listed as teachers at the Montana Rock of Ages clone festival.

I looked at the pages for the Montana 4th of July weekend; recognized Kip Holdren who used to sing with his ex-wife Roseanne.  The whole gathering looked like a convention for senior citizens, and not very energetic or 'full-of-life' ones at that.   

39 minutes ago, Rejoice said:

I looked at the pages for the Montana 4th of July weekend; recognized Kip Holdren who used to sing with his ex-wife Roseanne.  The whole gathering looked like a convention for senior citizens, and not very energetic or 'full-of-life' ones at that.   

I recognize many of them, spent a lot of time with them, . . . holy dange . . . wasn't sure about a couple of them . . . of course they still wear nametags . . . cause after all these years together memory must fade

8 hours ago, Rejoice said:

NOSTALGIA: from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.

• noun A bittersweet longing for things, persons, or situations of the past.
  • noun The condition of being homesick; homesickness.

from The Century Dictionary.

• noun Morbid longing to return to one's home or native country; homesickness, especially in its severe forms, producing derangement of mental and physical functions.
Edited by Rocky

3 hours ago, Rocky said:

NOSTALGIA: from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.

• noun A bittersweet longing for things, persons, or situations of the past.
  • noun The condition of being homesick; homesickness

"Hey kids, remember how we used to be able to sit cross-legged on the cold floor, sing Kumbaya and then get back up without any help? Boy, those were the days, weren't they?"

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, waysider said:

"Hey kids, remember how we used to be able to sit cross-legged on the cold floor, sing Kumbaya and then get back up without any help? Boy, those were the days, weren't they?"

You forgot the most important one:  "Morbid longing to return to one's home or native country; homesickness, especially in its severe forms, producing derangement of mental and physical functions."

Those were the days, my friend, we wished they'd never end. We'd sing and dance forever and a day...

IF in fact the rumored desire of the new trustees has/had ANY factual basis (and it's definitely plausible), it's ALL about nostalgia, wishin' and hopin' for a return to the "good old days" when Victor was still alive and ranting at anyone and everyone not toeing the line he wanted them to toe. 

Trying to clone the Rock of Ages sounds like homesickness and mental derangement if you ask me. :wink2: :spy:

Remember the song, "It's good to be home again, been away too long..."

Edited by Rocky
  • Upvote 1