GreaseSpot Cafe

WANTED: Seasoned Ex-Corps Leaders to Come Back

skyrider

6 hours ago, T-Bone said:

manipulation via sympathy:
. . .
And another thing…I could see if it was a one-on-one setting and if the person is being genuine, opening themselves up to you, making themselves vulnerable…showing they trust you enough to confide in you: “you know, I’ve never told anyone this but blah blah blah.” Usually when a person is being really honest and open like that, it’s taking a big risk – what if they will be judged harshly, criticized, or emotionally wounded. I think we’ve all have or had friendships like that…anytime I’ve been on the receiving end of someone unloading a burden, I respect their trust in me and try to sense if they’re wanting feedback or just someone to vent to. 

But in the group setting you described – I have my doubts about wierwille EVER being open, honest and making himself vulnerable – his narcissistic nature wouldn’t allow it…and I would have felt very uncomfortable as well cuz it’s so inappropriate.

I believe in narcissist terms this is reffered to as "the narcissist sob story" . . . If someone opens up easily that is a red flag.  They're getting you to open up in turn and grabbing ammo for later use.

Interesting, huh, about who they want to come back.  Ex-leaders.  To lead others into the ditch.  Not "Ex-members," who, with their money, have gone elsewhere. 

So who does TWI want?  Just former Corps (the ones labelled DFA, or the ones labelled M&A?). 

Or are they after the ones who've set up splinter groups (so that they can hijack anything those people have already achieved - pinch "their" people, like they pinched Doop's and Heefner's)?

What's interesting, if you think about the people here, is that there are plenty of ex-Corps from many decades.  Could we all be welcome (cough)?  Only those from corps 1-10? 10-16 (or whenever VPW died)? Those from the time of LCM's tenure?  Later ones?  We were all trained the same - yet differently. 

My experiences as later Corps aren't the same as those of, say, Skyrider, or earlier Corps.  And yet all of us suffered significant indoctrination, and personal abuse, mental beating-up, etc, etc.  Personally, I think it was much worse under LCM; it seems from what I've heard that the freedoms allowed by VPW were beyond imagining, in the post-fog reign of terror instigated by LCM.

My take is it is a feeler being put out by the victors of the big cheese wars after they marked and avoided the losers of the big cheese wars.

They now need littler subservient cheeses to magnify the greatness of their position, do the grunt work, and get them donuts along with their rise and expansion reports.

Cults are self perpetuating.  That is why you have to leave them and cannot fix them from within.

Jesus spoke of the children of the Pharisees being threefold the child of hell of the parents.  This is definitely speaking to cult succession not just genealogy.

On 1/15/2022 at 1:10 PM, chockfull said:

Cults are self perpetuating.  That is why you have to leave them and cannot fix them from within.

Jesus spoke of the children of the Pharisees being threefold the child of hell of the parents.  This is definitely speaking to cult succession not just genealogy.

Twi is not, nor ever was.....true Christianity.  Wierwille set up a pyramid system to exploit the goodwill and self-sacrifice of youthful energy, ambition and labor.  Through manipulation, intimidation and guilt..... twi elevated its loyalists as they climbed-the-ladder-to-spiritual-maturity: Becoming Corps Grads.  In public teachings and presentations, wierwille hailed "his corps kids" having committed their lives to this twi-servitude..... er, lifetime of Christian service.  Yet, in reality...... the corps were little more than exploited slaves.... stringing the chairs before meetings, smiling and ushering and collecting the abundant sharing, re-teaching pfal material in twigs, faithful to work at every rock of ages.  Who at the top wouldn't want a system like this to continue indefinitely?

We were the victims of our moral consent.  We were victims of guilt.  We obeyed and self-sacrificed against our better judgment.  Year after year, with this pilgrimage to every rock of ages.... we were propping up wierwille's deceptive scam.  Every rock of ages, every big meeting.... became a herd-fest!  Moving masses of people from one teaching to the next was the "central-bureaucratic-plan."  WTF

Really?  The boredom was monotony..... moving towards insanity, except that I don't think they wanted a DIFFERENT RESULT.  Why would they?  Doing the same thing over and over again was reaping adulation and money to twi's coffers $$$$$$$.  

Wierwille couldn't DO any more, because he DIDN'T HAVE any more to give.  He was a man of homiletics and theatrical presentation.... not a man of godly action and production.  His mind was limited to habit:  serial plagiarism and standing before congregations.  Throughout all those years on corps and staff, I never once saw wierwille do something that I'd categorize as receiving/operating word of knowledge, word of wisdom or discerning of spirits.  On the contrary, I saw him deflect, stammer and fume when certain situations would arise.  

Cults are the bottom-feeders of religion......these "leaders" are deceivers, seducers, looters, parasites, grifters and weasel-opportunists.  Teachings and methods are manipulated to present a dichotomy....."us verses them," black versus white, right versus wrong.  When you strip away the "colorful" teachings....you see they were pinpointed to induce a set of fears.

To me, there is no doubt that the directors would like seasoned way corps TO COME BACK and board the train of twi-servitude..... because it enriches them, THE LOOTERS WHO PROFIT FROM THE SELF-SACRIFICE OF GOOD PEOPLE, GOOD LEADERS.

• Corps and Advanced Class Grads who gave decades of ABS and labor to twi 
  • Trustees/Directors try to act "spiritual".....but are deadbeats and scumbags
  • Wierwille was propped up for decades by serial plagiarism and enablers
  • Some smart and savvy leaders saw thru vp's shtick early on..... and walked away
  • Others gave years in twi-service..... to finally discover its deception and corruption
  • Once unshackled from a cult... a bountiful harvest of life and love is restored

That's why, to me....... NEVER allow yourself to be reattached to a splinter group!!!

Those guys have been groomed for decades by wierwille/twi..... and STILL heap adulation onto wierwille and adapt all of his methods into their splinter groups.  Two-fold the evil [Matt 23:15].

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, skyrider said:

That's why, to me....... NEVER allow yourself to be reattached to a splinter group!!!

Those guys have been groomed for decades by wierwille/twi..... and STILL heap adulation onto wierwille and adapt all of his methods into their splinter groups.  Two-fold the evil [Matt 23:15].

An enlightening argument (for those with eyes to see and ears to hear) supporting your thesis.