GreaseSpot Cafe

Discussion on the "Vaccine"

oldiesman

I'm not sure if its a political or medical topic, or both; or if its even allowed on Greasespot; but I would like to talk about it here if possible.   I think its worth some discussion, with all that is happening in our country surrounding it.   How about it?

This mRNA technology sounds like it's going to open the door to many new solutions, so that's fascinating.

However, joining a cult like The Way is like a type of addiction.  There is no vaccine except education.  Social distancing might help since it can reduce contact with potential recruiters.  The internet however, is still a place where one could be indoctrinated.  One could practice social media distancing as well.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I think the new technology with mRNA is, as you say, going to open the door to new solutions.  Despite some saying it's new and untested, it isn't actually that "new" in that research has been carried out for at least 20 years on just this type of vaccine, and in fact I understand that a SARS vaccine was developed using this technology in around 2003.  SARS is a coronavirus, similar to but just a little different from the current version that is so devastating.

My vaccines were both AstraZeneca.  There have been a few incidents of death caused by blood clotting; not many.  Of course that is a sad loss to the families of the deceased, and I don't belittle that.  However, those people may well have died anyway, whether covid related or not.  And the fact is that millions of people have been vaccinated with AZ and they've had no problems at all.  I can certainly speak for the UK, where there has been a mix of AZ (traditional method) and Pfizer (new mRNA method) and both have been extremely effective at preventing serious illness and especially death.  Of those hospitalised, somewhat over 80% are unvaccinated; of the less than 20% vaccinated, they are rarely in the most serious condition or die.

I will be getting a booster jab next week and that will be Pfizer.

In the summer this year, I served as a volunteer vaccination steward in a mass vax centre, and in a couple of months we did 55,000 vaxes, all age groups.  Many came in singing and dancing (I jest not; these were older people who got dressed up for this, their first outing in a year!); they were delighted at getting vaxed as a release from the lockdown that we enduring during the previous 12-15 months.  We also had many walk-ups (often of younger people not yet eligible) just in case there was a little vaccine still available at the end of the session.

I don't know what you have in mind to discuss, Bolshevik, but I really don't understand the vaccine-averse lot, who seem to listen to fantasy theories and not to people who actually know the science, or have seen outcomes in hospitals.  I only know one person who refuses to get an anti-covid vaccine of any type, and he's into some weird ideas about other things as well.  

mRNA vaccines are also being developed to deal with various cancers.  One might wonder if the vaccine-hesitant for covid might be equally as hesitant if they had an aggressive cancer and a new mRNA vax was likely to be the most successful way to treat that.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Bolshevik said:

...joining a cult like The Way is like a type of addiction.  There is no vaccine except education.  Social distancing might help since it can reduce contact with potential recruiters.  The internet however, is still a place where one could be indoctrinated.  One could practice social media distancing as well.  

Lots of analogies could be packed in there.

WOW, this is allowed... so far so good.    I had Covid-19 around the end of July... was sick for about a week with all the symptoms (very tired, fever, coughing, loss of taste and smell) stayed home and recovered naturally.   Couple of wks later went to the Dr. who suggested that I get a Covid-19 antibody blood test, which I did, and it came back positive.    I had antibodies but was told sometime later that there is a "quantatative" antibody test that shows a numeral value.. which is something I'd like to get soon.   Right now I've got natural God-given antibodies, so whether or not the vaccine is safe, I don't need to get one.   I do continue to take high doses of Vitamin D (10,000 a day) plus Vitamin C, zinc and Ivermectin once a wk for maintenance.   This regimen works for me and would be interested to know how folks here are doing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, oldiesman said:

Right now I've got natural God-given antibodies, so whether or not the vaccine is safe, I don't need to get one.

This is false. There was high quality information released just last night or this morning that contradicts that. Natural immunity appears to be short lived and unpredictable in its level of efficacy. Bear in mind that we're talking about short term, antibody levels, not B-cell, T-cell presence. It is absolutely recommended that, if you have had Covid-19, you also get the vaccine.

I do continue to take high doses of Vitamin D (10,000 a day) plus Vitamin C, zinc and Ivermectin once a wk for maintenance

Maintaining healthy Vitamin D levels is an excellent recommendation, as Vitamin D is essential to maintaining the immune system. Most people have levels that are too low due to lack of exposure to sunlight. (U.V exposure leads to Vitamin D production.) This is especially true during the winter months when people spend more time indoors than outside. Proper Vitamin C and Zinc levels are essential to overall health, as well. There is lots of established medical information in this regard. As always, it is best to discuss these matters with a medical professional who can use standardized testing methods, such as blood tests, to establish dosages and protocols.

With Ivermectin, it's a bit more complicated. Billions of doses have been administered for human parasite infestation over several decades with extremely low levels of adverse effects. That being said, it is extremely dangerous unless given with precise dosages and treatment regimens .It's also used frequently for livestock treatment. It's important to note that the appropriate dosage and formulation for a 2,000 pound animal is not at all the same as it would be for a human. Do NOT take veterinary medications.  Never attempt to self-medicate with this drug. If you have a genuine interest in using it, please discuss it in depth with a health professional who is intimately knowledgeable with its application.

Edited by waysider
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Bolshevik said:

*rubs scar on his scalp*

Stay away from the sun.  That monster will give you cancer.  Ask a professional about Vitamin D.

Have a bright, sun-shiney day! :biglaugh:

Yep. It's a fine line we walk in this world.

Sorry to hear the sun was not so kind to you.

As always, take your medical advise from people who are qualified to dispense it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, oldiesman said:

WOW, this is allowed... so far so good.    I had Covid-19 around the end of July... was sick for about a week with all the symptoms (very tired, fever, coughing, loss of taste and smell) stayed home and recovered naturally.   Couple of wks later went to the Dr. who suggested that I get a Covid-19 antibody blood test, which I did, and it came back positive.    I had antibodies but was told sometime later that there is a "quantatative" antibody test that shows a numeral value.. which is something I'd like to get soon.   Right now I've got natural God-given antibodies, so whether or not the vaccine is safe, I don't need to get one.   I do continue to take high doses of Vitamin D (10,000 a day) plus Vitamin C, zinc and Ivermectin once a wk for maintenance.   This regimen works for me and would be interested to know how folks here are doing.

There are news stories (very recently) noting the highest protection apparently is in people who have both had the infection and then also gotten vaxxed.

I've had the Pfizer booster and also take 5k units of Vit D. To avoid any potential ambiguity, I have not had a covid19 infection to date.

Edited by Rocky

2 hours ago, waysider said:

Yep. It's a fine line we walk in this world.

Sorry to hear the sun was not so kind to you.

As always, take your medical advise from people who are qualified to dispense it.

Actually it's a bird flip for working grounds at The Way.  All that time SIT keeping the grass spiritually in line.  

4 minutes ago, Bolshevik said:

Actually it's a bird flip for working grounds at The Way.  All that time SIT keeping the grass spiritually in line.  

the mow abundant lifestyle

Covid knocked me out for about 4-5 days.  Think I got it from the same place where it killed one the others.  Was in full contact with my kids and they didn't get it.

The "vaccine" shots each knocked me out for a day or two.

I don't take vitamins.  I take naps.

23 minutes ago, Stayed Too Long said:

*reads*   That was written in January.   A lot of information has passed since then- especially the variants. 

Those who got Covid should still get at least one vaccination both for producing more antibodies and producing them in a larger variety.  This should be obvious to anyone who gets their annual flu vaccine.  Old flu vaccines will still be PARTLY effective, but the CURRENT flu vaccine is designed for the CURRENT strain going around. 

BTW, those of you taking enormous Vitamin D supplements should consider scaling back a bit.  If the general concept of "moderation" doesn't move you, then consider the medical experts reminding you that there's a limit to how much of a good thing you can have- to be specific, how much Vitamin D is too much.

https://www.health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/taking-too-much-vitamin-d-can-cloud-its-benefits-and-create-health-risks

Harvard, "Unless your doctor recommends it, avoid taking more than 4,000 IU per day, which is considered the safe upper limit. "

https://www.livescience.com/59550-high-dose-vitamin-d.html

Livescience, " For vitamin D, the tolerable upper limit for people of all ages is 4,000 IU a day."

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/how-much-vitamin-d-is-too-much#TOC_TITLE_HDR_4

Healthline,"  According to the Institute of Medicine, 4000 IU is the safe upper level of daily vitamin D intake. " 

For those skimming those articles and not even pretending to read them, I'd like to point out that blood toxicity levels of Vitamin D isn't the most likely problem- unless taking doses even higher than we've discussed.  Organ damage can occur at levels higher than 4000 IU/day.  No, I'm not interested in seeing any of you get hurt like that.

Again, what is information and/or disinformation ?? Is it in the eye of the beholder ? Does it take more than merely reading the headlines ? Latest medical advice is that the covid shots immunity only lasts 3-6 months....that's why they're rolling out the 'booster' shots....how long do they last ? Again, medical advice is their effectiveness wanes after around 4-6 months. Has anyone wondered aloud how long are people going to keep lining up for booster shots ? A year ? 2 ? 10 ? the rest of your natural life ? Will they introduce billing for it at some point ? I think big pharma shares would be the way to go at this rate, yeah ? lol...

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Bolshevik said:

Thx for that info.   The good thing about Vitamin C is its water soluable and any extra is passed out thru urine so they say you can't overdose but I don't take too high doses as is, and yes I have had kidney stones so maybe there's something to that one.   Thx.

11 hours ago, Rocky said:

There are news stories (very recently) noting the highest protection apparently is in people who have both had the infection and then also gotten vaxxed.

I've had the Pfizer booster and also take 5k units of Vit D. To avoid any potential ambiguity, I have not had a covid19 infection to date.

I think 5000 for the average person is good... I take 10,000 because I've had gastric bypass surgery and they say that procedure can cause vitamin deficiencies so I take more across the board.   Also have a prescription of 50,000 Vitamin D that is to be taken once a week.    Also, I have my vitamin levels checked 3 times a year thru blood test to make sure the levels all are correct.   I must do this as part of my medical regimen.  Thx.

4 hours ago, Stayed Too Long said:

Thx for this info.    I plan on getting the antibody blood tests regularly just to make sure.    Somebody told me that anybody can schedule a "quantitative" test with Labcorp for 10 bucks.

I feel like they're making billions on people's fear.    When this whole thing started, I said to myself "God gave me an immune system so I'll trust God to take care of me through that attack system" and do what I can naturally to help it along.    Thx.

• Like 1

Here's one I took a look at and decided on Ivermectin, which I've seen displayed as successful on many testimonials so I've been taking it:   NIH COVID Treatment - Approved or Under Evaluation (Ivermectin is 2nd on the list) but look at Adverse Events under Remdesivir -
https://www.covid19treatmentguidelines.nih.gov/tables/table-2e/

• Like 1

Decisions regarding dosage of supplements is best left to medical professionals who take into consideration such things as medical history, age, weight, current general health status, interaction with other medications, results of blood tests, etc. It's not intended to be a DIY process.

The only thing that passes me off is that the word "vaccine" is in quotes in the thread title.

It works. It's the reason we were able to return to some normalcy. 

You have a better chance of fighting off the disease after the vaccine than you do if you catch the disease and survive it.

You can argue faith v. science all you want, but putting "vaccine" in quotes is an act of utter ignorance.

• Like 1