GreaseSpot Cafe

Discussion on the "Vaccine"

oldiesman

1 hour ago, Rocky said:

You seem to be projecting. 

Argument is a form of making a statement.

You've been doing it (arguing, albeit, not very successfully) all along. All of us who take a position are stating an argument.

That I try to encourage you to make cogent arguments means that I hope you can form your statements in a way that inspires your readers to see things the way you do. But if you don't make sense, it's increasingly unlikely anyone will get your point, other than that you are, as you said in a comment today, about what pi$$es you off.

You would have to reach into the imaginations of your readers and find something they can relate to. You being angry about something you have no possibility of influencing at all doesn't get the job done.

And if you think simply stating your position would make anyone care what you think... well... thank you for arguing.

In Thank You for Arguing, Jay Heinrichs endeavors to show why the lost art of rhetoric—the study of argument and persuasion—can help people understand the world, help them succeed, and generally improve their lives.

In Part One, “Offense,” Heinrichs lays out the basics of arguing. Every argument has three basic steps: first, stimulating the audience’s emotions, second, changing the audience’s opinion, and third, getting the audience to do or choose something.

I'm on GS forums to read some posts and if I feel inclined to offer my opinion...again, not trying to 'win' arguments (not sure why that bothers you so much ?) I'm not going to sit at the keyboard and analyze every keystroke before I hit it. If that's your buzz, Im happy for ya...it's just not my buzz to study the psychology of winning an argument just so I can....win an argument :asdf:

2 minutes ago, Allan said:

I'm on GS forums to read some posts and if I feel inclined to offer my opinion...again, not trying to 'win' arguments (not sure why that bothers you so much ?) I'm not going to sit at the keyboard and analyze every keystroke before I hit it. If that's your buzz, Im happy for ya...it's just not my buzz to study the psychology of winning an argument just so I can....win an argument :asdf:

If you think it bothers me, then I have failed to be clear. I'm just hopeful one day you'll make sense when stating your positions. :love3:

34 minutes ago, HAPe4me said:

Allan, I am unclear as to your position regarding Ivermectin. You shared several links to stories about it. Do you suggest ivermectin should be used in the pandemic battle rather than vaccines?

Why? 

I would use Ivermectin if I had to along with hydroxochloride and zinc (as plenty of others have done) including nearly the whole country of India). Studies and data has shown it works and has done for the last 50  years. No, if people are happy getting the covid jab, I'm happy for them. Yhe NIH and CDC banning these inexpensive drugs is just another wtf ? as far as I'm concerned...along with 50 other reasons that do not add up like offering covid jabs to 5 year olds.

6 hours ago, waysider said:

Anyone still talking about the vaccine? Just curious.

Nearly 7 out of 10 Americans have at least one dose.  Nearly 6 out of 10 are fully vaccinated.

Boosters are available for certain groups but not everyone at this time.

Children 5 - 11 can be vaccinated now at the schools around here. 

Most people are getting vaccinated.

Apparently there is controversy  about the difference between treating worms and a viral disease.  Made more controversial by the complete lack of clarity as to why this is a controversy.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, skyrider said:

‘…..the US government is purchasing one billion dollars worth of the expensive treatment drug molnupiravir — similar to HCQ and Ivermectin but more expensive — from Merck and Co.”

……..Anybody know anything about  this???

Dividend Yield of 3.14%.

I do now.

Although September would have been a better time to know this information.

Edited by Bolshevik
Take no stock in this advice.

I'm not a doctor, nor do I play one on T.V... Heh

I did work in a para-medical field at one time, though.

I can tell you from experience that one of the biggest challenges practitioners face is patient compliance, getting patients to do as instructed without deviation. A common example would be discontinuing an antibiotic protocol before the allotted time. Some of these treatments, such as Ivermectin, do have data showing they can achieve a level of success IF the proper protocol is followed precisely. This is where the trouble begins. The protocol is complex and requires strict adherence. When used correctly, it's a relatively safe drug. When used incorrectly it can be deadly.  If, for some reason, you are inclined to use one of these treatments, make absolutely certain you seek medical guidance and follow the instructions to the letter. These treatments do offer value to places that may be unable to use the vaccine due to logistic difficulties or lack of funding. Still, by far, the best option available is to get vaccinated as a prophylactic measure.  Despite the misinformation circulating on the net, these vaccines have been extensively and thoroughly tested. They are relatively safe (everything has an element of danger.), readily available, inexpensive(Free in U.S.), and easy to administer.

And remember, "You can't have your pudding if you don't eat your meat.".

• Upvote 2

Get the vaccine:

https://www.fda.gov/consumers/consumer-updates/why-you-should-not-use-ivermectin-treat-or-prevent-covid-19

https://www.who.int/news-room/feature-stories/detail/who-advises-that-ivermectin-only-be-used-to-treat-covid-19-within-clinical-trials

This article I think addresses some of why some of the posters are advocating "God-Given" immunity:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/ivermectin-loving-vaccine-and-mask-loathing-doctors-convene-at-the-world-equestrian-center-in-ocala-florida

“The war is over,” McCullough said. “No more masks. You don’t have to worry about it any more.”

He went on, “Natural immunity is the way to break the grip of fear. We no longer need to be fearful with respect to COVID-19. Show your boldness! Show that you’re not afraid!”

Hype hype hype hyppity-hype hype hype

Edited by Bolshevik
I hear tide pods are also an alternative

well now.

LINK

The language of naturalness short-circuits clear thinking about vaccines, substituting a theological binary — natural immunity vs. unnatural immunity — for empirical evidence. The standard vocabulary of medical science thus unwittingly undermines the very public health goals it is meant to serve by implicitly endorsing immunity that doesn’t come from vaccines.

3 hours ago, skyrider said:

‘…..the US government is purchasing one billion dollars worth of the expensive treatment drug molnupiravir — similar to HCQ and Ivermectin but more expensive — from Merck and Co.”

……..Anybody know anything about  this???

Yes, it has been in press releases, news stories etc., and as the article says, various joint departments of the Administration have committed $1.2 billion to purchase doses *provided* it achieves FDA approval. Sounds like they are willing to commit whatever is necessary to thwart the pandemic. This agreement gives Merck enough confidence to commit resources to the testing and development of this promising drug.

Sounds like a good plan to me.

Edited by HAPe4me
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Allan said:

I would use Ivermectin if I had to along with hydroxochloride and zinc (as plenty of others have done) including nearly the whole country of India). Studies and data has shown it works and has done for the last 50  years. No, if people are happy getting the covid jab, I'm happy for them. Yhe NIH and CDC banning these inexpensive drugs is just another wtf ? as far as I'm concerned...along with 50 other reasons that do not add up like offering covid jabs to 5 year olds.

But according to the links you provided, Ivermectin has been approved in the US for 50 years in humans for parasites, not corona viruses. Covid is not a parasite. Your articles also pointed that out, as did they mention that for treating Covid, it is still experimental.

Isn’t the so-called experimental aspects of the vaccine a part of your distrust of it? Note: the vaccines have now stepped past the experimental stage and have FDA approval right? Ivermectin has not made that step here in the US. It is still an experiment here.

The FDA has not banned Ivermectin nor HCQ, they are just not the go to treatment regimen.

I am curious why you accept this experiment and not the vaccines?

As for India I think I read it was included in the WHO campaign packets distributed to the population partly because it was during flood season and if people got parasitic attacks (common during major flooding) their health would be compromised and thus even more at risk for serious complications from Covid. That is what Ivermectin has long been prescribed for (in careful human doses and formulations)

• Like 2

On 10/31/2021 at 11:45 AM, oldiesman said:

WOW, this is allowed... so far so good.    I had Covid-19 around the end of July... was sick for about a week with all the symptoms (very tired, fever, coughing, loss of taste and smell) stayed home and recovered naturally.   Couple of wks later went to the Dr. who suggested that I get a Covid-19 antibody blood test, which I did, and it came back positive.    I had antibodies but was told sometime later that there is a "quantatative" antibody test that shows a numeral value.. which is something I'd like to get soon.   Right now I've got natural God-given antibodies, so whether or not the vaccine is safe, I don't need to get one.   I do continue to take high doses of Vitamin D (10,000 a day) plus Vitamin C, zinc and Ivermectin once a wk for maintenance.   This regimen works for me and would be interested to know how folks here are doing.

On 11/1/2021 at 6:27 AM, oldiesman said:

I feel like they're making billions on people's fear.    When this whole thing started, I said to myself "God gave me an immune system so I'll trust God to take care of me through that attack system" and do what I can naturally to help it along.    Thx.

On 11/1/2021 at 6:23 AM, oldiesman said:

Thx for this info.    I plan on getting the antibody blood tests regularly just to make sure.    Somebody told me that anybody can schedule a "quantitative" test with Labcorp for 10 bucks.

I got hung up on the "God-given" phrase but "naturally" is right there with it.

That is a meaningless word in this case . . . other than to cause confusion and alter reality.

Manipulating our environment for survival is naturally what human beings do.  Not being passive sticks in the mud.

"quantitative" is put in quotes twice.   Is there a reason for that?

Hey, speaking of the whole country of India, did you see the one where the whole country of India said "hey, stop using Ivermectin to treat COVID: It doesn't work.

The Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) and the National Task Force on Covid-19 have dropped the use of Ivermectin and Hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) drugs from their revised guidelines for the treatment of the infection.

The decision was taken after experts found that these drugs have little to no effect on Covid-related mortality or clinical recovery of the patient.

Studies also found there was no clarity on mortality benefit, no effect on length of hospital stay and recovery in case of Ivermectin.

Recommending that Ivermectin be dropped from the clinical guidance, experts cited 13 systematic reviews of which “7/13 showed mortality benefit, 4/13 no mortality benefit, 2/13 inconclusive/unclear.”

Edited by Raf
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ivermectin still has some indirect value by virtue of eliminating health depleting parasites that could cause people to be more susceptible to a SARS-2 infection. That's an important benefit if accessibility to vaccine is limited, should they eventually become infected.

I seem to recall somewhere that someone found almost by accident that some mould on a bit of cheese in their lab cured certain diseases...oh wait a doggone second...wasn't it Louis Pasteur and the mould turned out to be PENNICILIN !! Didn't the bark off a willow tree produce....ASPIRIN !! Natural based solutions, ah yes....God given solutions, beautiful....
Enter big Pharma..."golly gee, we can make a ton out of this...ah yes....(oh and of course the human population is still our first and main priority)...yeah right
List of largest pharmaceutical settlements - Wikipedia

No, the 'long term effects' of the covid vax have not been studied, how could they ? They haven't been around 'long enough'...but you people put your full trust in them, hope it works out...this forum came about because good people put their full trust in a religious organization thinking it was the 'bees knees' and totally had their best interests at heart. Well, fool me once...you know the rest. 
How quickly you put your trust and hope in a drug company and an administration of government they are in bed with.
Yes, I would take Ivermectin, hydroxochloroquine, zinc over the jab any day of the week

May be an image of text that says "Jenny Catto 11h Let's take a minute to establish a baseline here. How many kids do you know that have Myocarditis, Pericarditis, Strokes, Heart attacks, Blood clots, Functional Neurological Disorder, Bells palsy, Spontaeous deaths? Zero. Remember that. Because we are about to enter an era where these conditions are common in young children."

8 hours ago, skyrider said:

Found this 24-minute video on Ivermectin:

• History
  • Approval for humans
  • Data / Graphs
  • Pharmaceutical Ties
  • Controversy

Around the 21-minute mark ...... it discusses India's use of Ivermectin.

Disclaimer:  I am not a medical doctor or a research scientist.  

Ivermectin Video

Im not a doctor either...THIS guy is.

38 minutes ago, Allan said:

. . . 
Yes, I would take Ivermectin, hydroxochloroquine, zinc over the jab any day of the week

. . .

29 minutes ago, Allan said:

Please, all you "In big pharma we trust" followers, please, pick this apart and show me where this guy is wrong AND I will go get my jab tomorrow !!!!!

Do you consider ivermectin and hydroxochloroquine more natural than mRNA?  How does this work?

1 hour ago, Allan said:

Please, all you "In big pharma we trust" followers, please, pick this apart and show me where this guy is wrong AND I will go get my jab tomorrow !!!!!

The video is more than an hour long. The guy advocates Vitamin D supplements. I take Vitamin D and have for years. How does this video relate to the covid vax? IOW, why would I want to spend an hour of my life to view the video, let alone "pick it apart?" 

3 hours ago, Bolshevik said:

"quantitative" is put in quotes twice.   Is there a reason for that?

I put in quotes because there's another test that only gives positive or negative results without offering a numerical value and I was told the Dr. must state "quantitative" on the script to get the antibody numbers.