GreaseSpot Cafe

Discussion on the "Vaccine"

oldiesman

7 minutes ago, oldiesman said:

I put in quotes because there's another test that only gives positive or negative results without offering a numerical value and I was told the Dr. must state "quantitative" on the script to get the antibody numbers.   

Gotcha.

The language being used on natural remedies affects perception, as mentioned in other threads on other topics.  That is a broader topic than the vaccine, but is clearly includes the vaccine topic.

54 minutes ago, Rocky said:

The video is more than an hour long. The guy advocates Vitamin D supplements. I take Vitamin D and have for years. How does this video relate to the covid vax? IOW, why would I want to spend an hour of my life to view the video, let alone "pick it apart?" 

Um, so you can be better informed :biglaugh: ...it's a preventative along with other VITAL MINERALS (vitamins)

2 hours ago, Raf said:

I would take crap that doesn't work over science that does any day of the week, and if you don't agree with me you're in a cult!

Honestly.

So you're a believer in man-made global warming yeah ? The scientists say it is so .....so I guess it's true, yeah ?

1 hour ago, Allan said:

Um, so you can be better informed :biglaugh: ...it's a preventative along with other VITAL MINERALS (vitamins)

As if you have earned the right for anyone to believe your specious arguments (statements of position)?

Not hardly. You haven't effectively sold your idea. Again, HOW and WHY does that hour long video make a case that anyone hasn't already heard? We have already acknowledged the value of Vitamin D. 

Make your argument (cogently state your position such that anyone would want to buy it).

And if you're inclined to try to tell us you're not making any argument... your response to my question was evidence that your intent IS to make an argument. :wave::wink2:  :love3:

1 hour ago, Allan said:

So you're a believer in man-made global warming yeah ? The scientists say it is so .....so I guess it's true, yeah ?

How is that apparently rhetorical question at all related either to the comment to which you replied or the discussion topic of this thread?  

19 minutes ago, Rocky said:

As if you have earned the right for anyone to believe your specious arguments (statements of position)?

Not hardly. You haven't effectively sold your idea. Again, HOW and WHY does that hour long video make a case that anyone hasn't already heard? We have already acknowledged the value of Vitamin D. 

Make your argument (cogently state your position such that anyone would want to buy it).

And if you're inclined to try to tell us you're not making any argument... your response to my question was evidence that your intent IS to make an argument. :wave::wink2:  :love3:

My intention is NOT for anyone to 'buy the argument' because it's simply my opinion and decision based on medical opinion (that is NOT influenced by big pharma or government) you'd do better to 'argue with yourself', you might get the outcome you desire :)

4 hours ago, Allan said:

My intention is NOT for anyone to 'buy the argument' because it's simply my opinion and decision based on medical opinion (that is NOT influenced by big pharma or government) you'd do better to 'argue with yourself', you might get the outcome you desire :)

At this point, you obviously KNOW that you've been putting forth arguments (statements of position). Point of fact, you apparently want me to argue your position: 

4 hours ago, Allan said:

simple question, yes or no ?)

Even though you clearly try to get readers and fellow commenters to believe (gaslighting us) that you're not doing that.

Again, WHY should anyone give you an hour (that they can never get back) of their lives to watch a video you refuse to entice us with any reason (teasers) to do so?  Simple question, yes? :wink2:

5 hours ago, Rocky said:

How is that apparently rhetorical question at all related either to the comment to which you replied or the discussion topic of this thread?  

Because it shows you have a penchant for following whatever supposed 'scientists, medical experts, meteorologists big pharma, media and governments'  say without critically thinking about what you've just swallowed lol

39 minutes ago, Allan said:

Because it shows you have a penchant for following whatever supposed 'scientists, medical experts, meteorologists big pharma, media and governments'  say without critically thinking about what you've just swallowed lol

Huh? WTF are you rambling about now?

7 hours ago, Allan said:

.it's a preventative along with other VITAL MINERALS (vitamins)

Vitamin D is not a "preventative". It does not prevent you from becoming infected with the SARS-2 virus. This is  a misconception. If you do become infected, however,  it may help your immune system fight off serious disease. Data shows that inadequate levels of Vitamin D may lead to a more severe outcome when the body is subjected to viral infection. The vaccine, on the other hand, is a "preventive". It teaches your immune system how to recognize the virus and avoid becoming infected in the first place. In instances where it is not completely successful, it can minimize the effects of an infection. Vitamin D is important for good health but should not be thought of as an alternative to the vaccine.

• Upvote 1

Leading care physician and Director of the ICU in a Virginia Hospital has filed a lawsuit against Sentara Norfolk General Hospital.

Lawsuit Filing

~~~~~~~~~~

A Virginia physician has been prohibited from using safe and time-honored medications inhospital while death rates from COVID-19 continue to mount

Washington, DC, Nov. 10, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Paul Marik, MD, one of the most highly published critical care physicians in the world and the Director of the ICU at Sentara Norfolk General Hospital, was recently told by Sentara Healthcare that he could no longer administer a range of highly effective COVID-19 treatments to critically ill patients—the same treatments he has successfully used to reduce COVID deaths in the ICU by as much as 50%. The result of the prohibition has been a sharp increase in patient mortality. Because Dr. Marik can no longer stand by while patients needlessly die without proper treatment, he has filed a lawsuit to allow him and his colleagues to administer the combination of FDA-approved drugs and other therapies that has saved thousands of critically ill COVID-19 patients in the last 18 months.

The Complaint filed today in the Circuit Court for the City of Norfolk, Virginia states that Sentara Healthcare is “preventing terminally ill COVID patients from exercising their right to choose and to receive safe, potentially life-saving treatment determined to be appropriate for them by their attending physician.” Under Virginia law, every patient has the right to receive treatment deemed appropriate for them by their attending physician, and terminally ill patients have the right to try investigational medicines that their treating physician recommends. Through its arbitrary prohibition of the COVID-19 treatment protocol developed by Dr. Marik and his colleagues, Sentara is violating the law and unjustly depriving critically ill patients of lifesaving treatment.

.......[snip]

1 hour ago, waysider said:

Vitamin D is not a "preventative". It does not prevent you from becoming infected with the SARS-2 virus. This is  a misconception. If you do become infected, however,  it may help your immune system fight off serious disease. Data shows that inadequate levels of Vitamin D may lead to a more severe outcome when the body is subjected to viral infection. The vaccine, on the other hand, is a "preventive". It teaches your immune system how to recognize the virus and avoid becoming infected in the first place. In instances where it is not completely successful, it can minimize the effects of an infection. Vitamin D is important for good health but should not be thought of as an alternative to the vaccine.

Well , perhaps because I live in Australias Gold Coast and am nearly always out surfing, the suns vitamin D enabled me to shake off covid twice ?! Perhaps also, this is why Australia has such a low mortality rate ?! Perhaps, I will continue with vitamin D intake, zinc supplements and be prepared to take Ivermectin should I get hit a third time ?! Although now there is a red pill available...yipee !! But no, because there is ZERO understanding of mid to long term consequences of the covid jab, I will not be rolling my sleeve up anytime soon :)

BTW, you said "
The vaccine, on the other hand, is a "preventive". It teaches your immune system how to recognize the virus and avoid becoming infected in the first place."

-Firstly, it is a very poor inhibitor of helping avoid one catching covid altogether
-Secondly, IF it does indeed do that, why are you and others REALLY concerned that EVERYONE get's the shot ?
I may be wrong but I get the impression its because people who get the vax want others to get it to avoid the feeling of being isolated in their apprehension of what may happen further down the track..now, if I am wrong, do you have one good reason why you wont feel 'safe' until EVERYONE has been innoculated ? 

58 minutes ago, skyrider said:

Leading care physician and Director of the ICU in a Virginia Hospital has filed a lawsuit against Sentara Norfolk General Hospital.

Lawsuit Filing

Hey Allan, 

THAT is a great example of a teaser. I am compelled to check it out further.

If you want people to view an hour long video, sell it like skyrider did this. I can guess (haven't looked yet, but I will) what at least one of the alleged life-saving meds in question is.

7 minutes ago, Allan said:

-Secondly, IF it does indeed do that, why are you and others REALLY concerned that EVERYONE get's the shot ?
I may be wrong but I get the impression its because people who get the vax want others to get it to avoid the feeling of being isolated in their apprehension of what may happen further down the track..now, if I am wrong, do you have one good reason why you wont feel 'safe' until EVERYONE has been innoculated ? 

Aren't YOU the one who expressed concern over people believing what they read without applying critical analysis, or something similar?

Yes, you MAY be wrong (and almost certainly you ARE). For the last year, public health officials have been making COGENT arguments for the need for high rates of vaccinations to eradicate and end the virus. Herd immunity. Again, they've made sound, rational arguments that make sense... unlike the claim you made in the quote above.

6 minutes ago, Rocky said:

Aren't YOU the one who expressed concern over people believing what they read without applying critical analysis, or something similar?

Yes, you MAY be wrong (and almost certainly you ARE). For the last year, public health officials have been making COGENT arguments for the need for high rates of vaccinations to eradicate and end the virus. Herd immunity. Again, they've made sound, rational arguments that make sense... unlike the claim you made in the quote above.

And that's a great example of why you should be unbiased in your reading and critical in your thinking! Medical experts have already stated on more than one occasion that the virus cannot be eradicated. Like the flu, it will keep mutating and become seasonal....oh, yeah, you like accompanying articles to read yeah ?

The coronavirus is here to stay — here’s what that means (nature.com)

1 hour ago, Rocky said:

Hey Allan, 

THAT is a great example of a teaser. I am compelled to check it out further.

If you want people to view an hour long video, sell it like skyrider did this. I can guess (haven't looked yet, but I will) what at least one of the alleged life-saving meds in question is.

Here's a shorter one for you then, sent to me by a good American friend...
Facebook

list below certainly makes me in no hurry to go and get vaxxed until detailed, in- depth mid to long term risk analysis is done

• 33 year old pro dancer Santo Giuliano suffers heart attack 5 days after vaccine
    32 year old Olympic Tennis player Joachim Gerard collapses during match with heart problems
    19 year old Football player Jalen Leavey dies at campus after the game
    23 year old Baseball player Daniel Brito suffers stroke during game
    19 year old Football player Tirrell Williams dies following on-field collapse
    21 year old Football player Okafor Kelechi dies during training
    29 year old Football player Lee Moses dies during training session
    15 year old Footballer Stephen Sylvester collapsed and dies during conditioning practice
    18 year old Football player Emmanual Antwi dies after collapsing on the field
    13 year old Football player Cajetan Chinoyelum Nsofor dies during practice
    15 year old Soccer player Moira Claire Arney died during practice
    Junior High School Baseball Pitcher Andrew Roseman died suddenly and unexpectedly, no further information given
    17 year old Footballer Nickolas Lawrinas died suddenly and unexpectedly, cause given by media, unclear
    17 year old Footballer Miquel Lugo collapsed and died during practice
    16 year old Football player Devon DuHart mysteriously died in July 2021
    16 year old Footballer Ivan Hicks dies of Cardiovascular Disease during Scrimmage
    19 year old Footballer Joe Bradshaw dies mysteriously off campus, not conclusion of death
    16 year old Football player Drake Geiger collapses and dies during game
    15 year old Football player Joshua Ivory collapses and dies during game
    19 year old Football player Quandarius Wilburn collapses during practice and later dies
    17 year old Football player Dimitri McKee passes out and dies after practice
    28 year old Rugby play Tevita Bryce collapses during game from heart attack
    29 year old Rugby player Dave Hyde collapses and dies after match
    27 year old Baseball player Yusuke Kinodanga collapses and dies during practice
    32 year old Champion Speed Skater Kjeld Nuis suffered Pericarditis after the vaccine
    24 year old Olympic Cyclist Olivia Podmore dies suddenly and mysteriously in her room and during that week another athlete sprinter Cameron Burell also dies mysteriously
    23 year old China Olympics Champion Gilbert Kwemoi collapsed in his home and died on the way to hospital
    37-year-old former French professional footballer Franck Berrier dead
    Germany goalkeeping coach of SV Niederpöring suffers heart attack
    24 years Bordeaux pro Samuel Kalu suffers cardiac arrest
    25 years old Belgian soccer player Jente Van Genechten suffers cardiac arrest
    31 years old Fabrice N'Sakala Besiktas Istanbul collapses on the field
    29 years old Pedro Obiang Italian first division after vaccination has myocarditis
    30 year old Venezuelan National Marathon Champion Alexaida Guedez dead
    29 years old José dos Reis (Luxembourg) collapses on the field and has to be resuscitated
    Germany C-League Dillenburg a player from Hirzenhain collapses, the game is canceled
    16 years old Diego Ferchaud from ASPTT Caen suffers a cardiac arrest
    Austria player of ASV Baden collapses on the field and has to be revived
    16-year-old unnamed football player in Bergamo suffers cardiac arrest
    27 years old Belgian amateur soccer player Jens De Smet dead
    13-year-old soccer player from the Janus Nova club collapses on the field with cardiac arrest
    17 year old soccer player Dylan Rich dies of a double heart attack during a game
    Player from Birati Club Münster suffers cardiac arrest
    24 years old Lucas Surek from BFC Chemie Leipzig suffers from myocarditis
    49 years old Ain / France: Frédéric Lartillot succumbs to a heart attack in locker room
    45 years old Andrea Astolfi, sporting director of Calcio Orsago dead with no previous illness
    22 years old Abou Ali collapses with cardiac arrest during a two-tier game in Denmark
    19 years old ice hockey player Sebastiaan Bos dead. Passed away suddenly and unexpectedly
    40 years old A half marathon runner collapsed during the race and died a little later
    Germany Anil Usta from VfB Schwelm breaks on the field with heart problems
    33 years old Dimitri Liénard from FC Strasbourg collapses with heart problems
    37 years old Ex-NFL professional Parys Haralson dies suddenly and unexpectedly
    25 years old Kingsley Coman from FC Bayern Munich, operation on the heart after an arrhythmia
    25 years old Canadian university football player Francis Perron dead shortly after a match
    19 year old FC Nantes soccer player suffers cardiac arrest during training
    Germany volleyball trainer Dirk Splisteser from SG Traktor Divitz collapses dead on the sidelines
    Austria, 64 years old former goalkeeper Ernst Scherr dead suddenly and unexpectedly
    Germany, 42 years old Alexander Siegfried dead suddenly and unexpectedly
    A 17-year-old athlete from Colverde collapses while training with cardiac arrest
    France, 49 years oldSC Massay player dead of heart attack during the game
    Mexico, Caddy Alberto Olguin collapses on the golf course after a heart attack
    29 years old Shrewsbury striker Ryan Bowman treated with defibrillator during play with extreme heart problems
    Italy, 18 year old soccer player suddenly faints on the field
    France, 40 years old A Saint-James player suffers a heart attack after warming up
    Italy, 59 years old long-distance runner from Biella dies of heart failure during a race
    Germany, Women's League match, a player collapses shortly before the end without any opposing influence
    25 years German goalkeeper Lukas Bommer dies suddenly and unexpectedly
    Mexico, 16 years old student Hector Manuel Mendoza dies of a heart attack while training
    Brazil, 18 years old pro footballer Fellipe de Jesus Moreira has double heart attack and is fighting for his life
    Italy, 27 years old cycling champion Gianni Moscon has to undergo an operation because of severe cardiac arrhythmias
    Augsburg referee of a Kreisliga Augsburg game in Emersacker collapses with heart problems
    English lineswoman Helen Byrne, heart problems has to be carried off the pitch at world cup
    Germany Game abandoned due to cardiac arrest of the referee in a game of Lauber SV
    Italy, 20 years old young rider suffers a heart attack
    17-year-old soccer player of the JSG High Hagen has revived during game
    53-year-old football coach Antonello Campus dead16 years old collapses while playing soccer and dies a little later
    Germany Team leader Dietmar Gladow suffers a fatal heart attack before the game
    USA a high school football player collapsed during practice and died in the hospital
    Germany player collapsed during the A 2 regional league game suffered cardiac arrest
    Germany 15 years old goalkeeper Bruno Stein dead
    Italy, 53 years old AH footballer suffers a heart attack while training
    USA, 14-year-old soccer player Ava Azzopardi collapsed on pitch, is fighting for her life in an artificial coma
    France, 54 years old AH player Christophe Ramassamy died of a heart attack during a match
    France, 41 years old soccer player collapsed on the field and died due to cardiac arrest
    Austria, 26 years old Raphael Dwamena collapsed with severe heart problems
    Germany, Hertha BSC co-trainer Selim Levent dies suddenly and unexpectedly
    USA, 12 year old Jayson Kidd collapsed during basketball practice and later died
    Spain, 33-year-old striker Kun Agüero had to be replaced in a game due to heart problems
    USA 21 year old Senior student athlete John Stokes suffers with Myocarditis
    22 year old Cyclist Greg Luyssen forced to end his career after vaccine due to heart problems

Far more people have been vaccinated than have had Covid.

I can walk down the street and point to houses where Covid killed someone.

I cannot walk down the street and point to houses where the vaccine killed someone.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Allan said:

• 33 year old pro dancer Santo Giuliano suffers heart attack 5 days after vaccine
    32 year old Olympic Tennis player Joachim Gerard collapses during match with heart problems
    19 year old Football player Jalen Leavey dies at campus after the game
    23 year old Baseball player Daniel Brito suffers stroke during game
    19 year old Football player Tirrell Williams dies following on-field collapse
    21 year old Football player Okafor Kelechi dies during training
    29 year old Football player Lee Moses dies during training session
    15 year old Footballer Stephen Sylvester collapsed and dies during conditioning practice
    18 year old Football player Emmanual Antwi dies after collapsing on the field
    13 year old Football player Cajetan Chinoyelum Nsofor dies during practice
    15 year old Soccer player Moira Claire Arney died during practice
    Junior High School Baseball Pitcher Andrew Roseman died suddenly and unexpectedly, no further information given
    17 year old Footballer Nickolas Lawrinas died suddenly and unexpectedly, cause given by media, unclear
    17 year old Footballer Miquel Lugo collapsed and died during practice
    16 year old Football player Devon DuHart mysteriously died in July 2021
    16 year old Footballer Ivan Hicks dies of Cardiovascular Disease during Scrimmage
    19 year old Footballer Joe Bradshaw dies mysteriously off campus, not conclusion of death
    16 year old Football player Drake Geiger collapses and dies during game
    15 year old Football player Joshua Ivory collapses and dies during game
    19 year old Football player Quandarius Wilburn collapses during practice and later dies
    17 year old Football player Dimitri McKee passes out and dies after practice
    28 year old Rugby play Tevita Bryce collapses during game from heart attack
    29 year old Rugby player Dave Hyde collapses and dies after match
    27 year old Baseball player Yusuke Kinodanga collapses and dies during practice
    32 year old Champion Speed Skater Kjeld Nuis suffered Pericarditis after the vaccine
    24 year old Olympic Cyclist Olivia Podmore dies suddenly and mysteriously in her room and during that week another athlete sprinter Cameron Burell also dies mysteriously
    23 year old China Olympics Champion Gilbert Kwemoi collapsed in his home and died on the way to hospital
    37-year-old former French professional footballer Franck Berrier dead
    Germany goalkeeping coach of SV Niederpöring suffers heart attack
    24 years Bordeaux pro Samuel Kalu suffers cardiac arrest
    25 years old Belgian soccer player Jente Van Genechten suffers cardiac arrest
    31 years old Fabrice N'Sakala Besiktas Istanbul collapses on the field
    29 years old Pedro Obiang Italian first division after vaccination has myocarditis
    30 year old Venezuelan National Marathon Champion Alexaida Guedez dead
    29 years old José dos Reis (Luxembourg) collapses on the field and has to be resuscitated
    Germany C-League Dillenburg a player from Hirzenhain collapses, the game is canceled
    16 years old Diego Ferchaud from ASPTT Caen suffers a cardiac arrest
    Austria player of ASV Baden collapses on the field and has to be revived
    16-year-old unnamed football player in Bergamo suffers cardiac arrest
    27 years old Belgian amateur soccer player Jens De Smet dead
    13-year-old soccer player from the Janus Nova club collapses on the field with cardiac arrest
    17 year old soccer player Dylan Rich dies of a double heart attack during a game
    Player from Birati Club Münster suffers cardiac arrest
    24 years old Lucas Surek from BFC Chemie Leipzig suffers from myocarditis
    49 years old Ain / France: Frédéric Lartillot succumbs to a heart attack in locker room
    45 years old Andrea Astolfi, sporting director of Calcio Orsago dead with no previous illness
    22 years old Abou Ali collapses with cardiac arrest during a two-tier game in Denmark
    19 years old ice hockey player Sebastiaan Bos dead. Passed away suddenly and unexpectedly
    40 years old A half marathon runner collapsed during the race and died a little later
    Germany Anil Usta from VfB Schwelm breaks on the field with heart problems
    33 years old Dimitri Liénard from FC Strasbourg collapses with heart problems
    37 years old Ex-NFL professional Parys Haralson dies suddenly and unexpectedly
    25 years old Kingsley Coman from FC Bayern Munich, operation on the heart after an arrhythmia
    25 years old Canadian university football player Francis Perron dead shortly after a match
    19 year old FC Nantes soccer player suffers cardiac arrest during training
    Germany volleyball trainer Dirk Splisteser from SG Traktor Divitz collapses dead on the sidelines
    Austria, 64 years old former goalkeeper Ernst Scherr dead suddenly and unexpectedly
    Germany, 42 years old Alexander Siegfried dead suddenly and unexpectedly
    A 17-year-old athlete from Colverde collapses while training with cardiac arrest
    France, 49 years oldSC Massay player dead of heart attack during the game
    Mexico, Caddy Alberto Olguin collapses on the golf course after a heart attack
    29 years old Shrewsbury striker Ryan Bowman treated with defibrillator during play with extreme heart problems
    Italy, 18 year old soccer player suddenly faints on the field
    France, 40 years old A Saint-James player suffers a heart attack after warming up
    Italy, 59 years old long-distance runner from Biella dies of heart failure during a race
    Germany, Women's League match, a player collapses shortly before the end without any opposing influence
    25 years German goalkeeper Lukas Bommer dies suddenly and unexpectedly
    Mexico, 16 years old student Hector Manuel Mendoza dies of a heart attack while training
    Brazil, 18 years old pro footballer Fellipe de Jesus Moreira has double heart attack and is fighting for his life
    Italy, 27 years old cycling champion Gianni Moscon has to undergo an operation because of severe cardiac arrhythmias
    Augsburg referee of a Kreisliga Augsburg game in Emersacker collapses with heart problems
    English lineswoman Helen Byrne, heart problems has to be carried off the pitch at world cup
    Germany Game abandoned due to cardiac arrest of the referee in a game of Lauber SV
    Italy, 20 years old young rider suffers a heart attack
    17-year-old soccer player of the JSG High Hagen has revived during game
    53-year-old football coach Antonello Campus dead16 years old collapses while playing soccer and dies a little later
    Germany Team leader Dietmar Gladow suffers a fatal heart attack before the game
    USA a high school football player collapsed during practice and died in the hospital
    Germany player collapsed during the A 2 regional league game suffered cardiac arrest
    Germany 15 years old goalkeeper Bruno Stein dead
    Italy, 53 years old AH footballer suffers a heart attack while training
    USA, 14-year-old soccer player Ava Azzopardi collapsed on pitch, is fighting for her life in an artificial coma
    France, 54 years old AH player Christophe Ramassamy died of a heart attack during a match
    France, 41 years old soccer player collapsed on the field and died due to cardiac arrest
    Austria, 26 years old Raphael Dwamena collapsed with severe heart problems
    Germany, Hertha BSC co-trainer Selim Levent dies suddenly and unexpectedly
    USA, 12 year old Jayson Kidd collapsed during basketball practice and later died
    Spain, 33-year-old striker Kun Agüero had to be replaced in a game due to heart problems
    USA 21 year old Senior student athlete John Stokes suffers with Myocarditis
    22 year old Cyclist Greg Luyssen forced to end his career after vaccine due to heart problems

52 year old local contractor, Joe Baloneyface, got vaccinated and, 2 weeks later, was squashed by a steam roller.

Coincidence? I think not. (sarc)

And you call this "critical thinking"?

You say you've had Covid  twice already. Where is the preventative value of the regimen you've been following?

5 hours ago, Allan said:

Medical experts have already stated on more than one occasion that the virus cannot be eradicated. Like the flu, it will keep mutating and become seasonal

Well, that seems like a pretty strong argument for vaccinating as many people as possible so we give the virus less opportunities to mutate.

6 hours ago, Allan said:

there is ZERO understanding of mid to long term consequences of the covid jab

Our full understanding of mid to long term consequences of anything will always be somewhat limited. But, ZERO? That's simply not honest.

6 hours ago, Allan said:

Perhaps also, this is why Australia has such a low mortality rate ?!

Yeah, it couldn't possibly be linked to the strict lock-down measures, could it?

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Bolshevik said:

Far more people have been vaccinated than have had Covid.

We can't really know this because we don't know how many asymptomatic and/or mildly symptomatic cases have gone untested and unreported. But, the case numbers we see reported is almost certainly lower than the actual number of cases. I do agree with you on the rationale of the rest of your statement, though.

Edited by waysider
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, waysider said:

We can't really know this because we don't know how many asymptomatic and/or mildly symptomatic cases have gone untested and unreported. But, the case numbers we see reported is almost certainly lower than the actual number of cases. I do agree with you on the rationale of the rest of your statement, though.

I think my main point is I trust my eyes/real world experience more than social media.  

Google "Total covid cases in us"  . . . I check it almost daily.  New York Times, worldometer, CDC data.

Less than 47 million covid cases reported in the United States thus far.

68.2 % of 330 million people getting vaccinated is 225 million vaccinated people in the United States.   Many had 2 or 3 shots.  So far more shots than infections.  

If the data changes significantly I'm likely to change my view.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, waysider said:

Oh, I'm not saying I disagree with you. I'm just saying there is no way to know the actual number of unreported cases.

I, too, like to check the numbers. 

HERE is a site  I like to peek at.

Oh I completely agree with your point all data comes with error in measurement and a lag in time, I'm not working with absolute measurements.  I'm sure some others want to live in those margins . . 

Thanks for the link!

23 hours ago, Allan said:

Im not a doctor either...THIS guy is.

23 hours ago, Allan said:

Please, all you "In big pharma we trust" followers, please, pick this apart and show me where this guy is wrong AND I will go get my jab tomorrow !!!!!

Thanks for posting that video !

Even though your challenge wasn’t addressed to me, I decided to listen to it anyway because I am familiar with Professor Seheult and his impressive career…the video is very informative…and NOWHERE in the video does he dismiss getting the vaccine and NOWHERE in the video does he suggest or recommend  a vitamin-D regimen as an alternative to getting the vaccine…So after watching it I reread this challenge/post of yours and was really puzzled:

Why did you address your challenge of picking apart the video to "In big pharma we trust" followers ?

Did you watch the video all the way through yourself?

What do you think was the point of his video?

I am curious as to your intention with posting the video – and  -  I’m willing to give you the benefit of a doubt if you could reasonably explain why your summons to pick apart the video is based on anything other than a display of a lack of good listening skills and no logical correlation.

For anyone else who follows  Seheult’s  work there are a couple of other links you might enjoy:
click   here   this is a lengthy podcast but well worth a listen – in an interview Seheult discusses Covid-19, vaccines and various therapies.

and   here  in a July 2021 video Seheult discusses the effectiveness of 4 major vaccines against the Delta variant.

This thread reminded me of an encounter at my doc’s office building early this year. Going into the doctor’s office was like entering another world: signs outside saying to wear a mask, if you have any flu-like symptoms to call this number and you will go around to another entrance and it further explains the hi-tech CDC hazmat suit and protocols that are followed, inside there’s a no-contact temp reading station and you get issued a sticker with your temp on it, Plexiglas shields at the receptionist counter, social-distance label markers on the floor, part of an adjacent hallway sectioned off with clear plastic and duct tape, hand-sanitizer stations in the hallways and waiting room.

Another patient and I were the only ones in the spacious waiting area – we were about 15 feet apart sitting perpendicular (me on back row of chairs and him on the right-side row) – both of us wearing masks.  Since I was second to enter the waiting room, I thought I’d make a casual comment about all the new protocols at the office – I just said “wow this sure is different.” (I figured my brief comment might start a friendly conversation…boy, was I wrong). 

The guy gives a big snort of derision and then pulls his mask off and starts talking about all this nonsense is just making some people richer and we’re paying for it and this new administration is just letting them have at it, and blah blah blah politics blah blah blah politics blah blah blah…To say this “conversation” was one-sided is not a figure of speech – I literally did not say one thing the whole time this guy was holding a one-person political rally in the doctor’s waiting room. 

Fortunately for me I’ve already developed heard-immunity to cult-talk – it doesn’t even go through one ear and out the other –  since I listened to crap like that for 12 years in TWI and realized that stuff doesn’t just go through you – it lays eggs and problems develop – cult-mindset – emotional and intellectual baggage…once I got rid of the flotsam and jetsam of heard-stink…which is like group-think…heard-stink is the unpleasant, scandalous, pontificating, conspiratorial sounds of cult-indoctrination that assault the airwaves of those adamantly convinced they are the enlightened ones…yeah there was a time in my life when I followed a cult-leader - so I heard it all and believed it all ... …fyi: heard-immunity is based upon the proper functioning of the complex operations (cognitive skills)  inside the cranial fortress. I’m no social butterfly but I am really put off by people who lack the sensitivity and courtesy …or social barometer – to gauge where I’m at on some issue – especially if we’ve just crossed paths at some neutral territory – the doc’s waiting room was NOT a political rally. 

Since I kept my mask on, he couldn’t see the expression on my face – which by the way, was a scrunched-up mouth as if I had got a taste of some rancid Kool-Aid – my mouth was that way during his entire conspiratorial-political-science-denying-soliloquy. He seemed undeterred by my lack of response – a few times I even looked down and shook my head in disgust.

Edited by T-Bone
typos and formatting