GreaseSpot Cafe

Discussion on the "Vaccine"

oldiesman

1 hour ago, Raf said:

Typical b.s.

You know who DOESN'T get to fact check the fact checkers? 

The people busted lying about kids and Covid. The people busted lying about India.

People busted lying about Italy's death count and the role of comorbidities.

Seriously, that statement puts Shallow Hal to shame lol....

THIS is real journalism buddy...

The Psychology of Fact-Checking - Scientific American

Edited by Allan
change a word

1 hour ago, Raf said:

Dude gets his facts prom demonstrated liars and calls other people "shallow."

Why did you lie about India, Allan?

What do you mean lie about India ? Because the governing medical body (tied in with WHO and American drug companies) said "Ivermectin and HDC doesn't work ?? 

Do you believe everything you read from one-sided sources ?? That's what I mean by shallow !!
The link I am posting below TOTALLY SUMS UP WHAT MANY OF US WELL ROUNDED, BALANCED, FAIR MINDED, CENTRIST THINKING PEOPLE BELIEVE....I suggest you read it slowly, carefully...from a Doctor's perspective who has not been 'bought off'

Ivermectin obliterates 97 percent of Delhi cases | National | thedesertreview.com

Edited by Allan
change a word

9 minutes ago, Allan said:

What do you mean lie about India ? Because the governing medical body (tied in with WHO and American drug companies) said "Ivermectin and HDC doesn't work ?? 

Do you believe everything you read from one-sided sources ?? That's what I mean by shallow !!
The link I am posting below TOTALLY SUMS UP WHAT MANY OF US WELL ROUNDED, BALANCED, FAIR MINDED, CENTRIST THINKING PEOPLE BELIEVE....I suggest you read it slowly, carefully...from a Doctor's perspective who has not been 'bought off'

Ivermectin obliterates 97 percent of Delhi cases | National | thedesertreview.com

Thanks for the link, Allan.......appreciate it. :eusa_clap:

Can't speak for the truth or otherwise of the article, but it's badly written and inaccurate in its use of the English language, which always makes me suspicious about less obvious content.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, skyrider said:

Thanks again to GSC......for keeping this *Open Discussion* available.

While others are censoring information.......GSC stands tall.  :eusa_clap::eusa_clap::eusa_clap:

Censoring information?  Who? Where?

The age of information means developing skills to sort through unlimited information.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Twinky said:

Can't speak for the truth or otherwise of the article, but it's badly written and inaccurate in its use of the English language, which always makes me suspicious about less obvious content.

In what way was it badly written ? And in which way inaccurate in the English language ? Spelling was my top subject throughout schooling, I couldn't see any obvious spelling mistakes...so what is it ?

1 hour ago, Allan said:

https://becomingchristians.com/2017/07/17/are-you-limiting-god/

Great, now I've got a sudden interest in titles with question marks asking leading . . .  Stuff . . . There goes my evening

2 hours ago, Allan said:

In what way was it badly written ? And in which way inaccurate in the English language ? Spelling was my top subject throughout schooling, I couldn't see any obvious spelling mistakes...so what is it ?

Do you think this is surprising to any of us?

On 11/14/2021 at 2:43 PM, skyrider said:

What jumps out at me......is people are frustrated and confused by the mixed-messaging.  People are looking to Dr. Fauci, FDA and CDC to answer underlying questions that are swirling around......and straight-forward answers are hard to come by.

As one comment explained......"From the article,  "It's waning to the point that you're seeing more and more people getting breakthrough infections, and more and more of those people who are getting breakthrough infections are winding up in the hospital."    So......what you are really saying is that the vaccine really isn't all that effective in either preventing contracting the disease, nor is it as effective in preventing serious symptoms or from preventing death as the media has been pushing down our throats the past year. Again, I would like to ask the media and this administration, "what is the urgency for getting the population vaccinated if its not that good at preventing those already vaccinated from catching it or preventing serious symptoms & death? As a matter of "FACT" the ONLY consistency I have seen with this disease and the vaccination, according to the government & media is that the longer it goes on the more they are finding out about it. With that in mind the media wants to criticize those who are apprehensive about getting the vaccine because they feel like it wasn't studied enough. So far the media & government have done nothing but justifying those concerns.

Probably didn't help matters when the Yahoo article ended with Dr. Fauci saying this....... "We don't have the proof yet—the proof of the pudding will be after you get people vaccinated and boosted, and we have a greater durability of protection that doesn't wane as easily."

Skyrider, I am a data driven guy and the data I see here in Colorado does not align with “the vaccines are not effective in preventing contractions or even serious complications”

I recognize your hesitancy in accepting releases from the CDC, so this is directly from UCHealth, one of our larger hospital systems. (Other Colorado hospitals are reporting almost the same numbers)

“Across Colorado, about 80% of adults are now vaccinated against COVID-19. Inside our hospitals, we’re seeing that the other 20% who are unvaccinated are making up the vast majority of our patients with COVID-19. As the charts below show, nearly 81% of our patients hospitalized with COVID-19 are unvaccinated, and nearly 90% of our COVID-19 patients ventilated in ICUs are unvaccinated. Of our hospitalized patients who were vaccinated at the time of admission, many are immunocompromised.”

https://www.uchealth.org/today/covid-19-coronavirus-recent-updates/

My point is, if 80% are vaccinated but the 20% who are NOT vaccinated make up 81% of hospitalizations and 91% of ventilated patients, the math indicates the vaccines are helping keep the vaccinated safer.

sure, there are breakthrough cases. There always are with mutating viruses (witness the flu). However except in individuals who have other health issues, those are primarily not requiring hospitalization or ventilators amongst the vast majority of the population who is vaccinated here.

I hope that helps you understand how I look at it.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, HAPe4me said:

Skyrider, I am a data driven guy and the data I see here in Colorado does not align with “the vaccines are not effective in preventing contractions or even serious complications”

I recognize your hesitancy in accepting releases from the CDC, so this is directly from UCHealth, one of our larger hospital systems. (Other Colorado hospitals are reporting almost the same numbers)

“Across Colorado, about 80% of adults are now vaccinated against COVID-19. Inside our hospitals, we’re seeing that the other 20% who are unvaccinated are making up the vast majority of our patients with COVID-19. As the charts below show, nearly 81% of our patients hospitalized with COVID-19 are unvaccinated, and nearly 90% of our COVID-19 patients ventilated in ICUs are unvaccinated. Of our hospitalized patients who were vaccinated at the time of admission, many are immunocompromised.”

https://www.uchealth.org/today/covid-19-coronavirus-recent-updates/

My point is, if 80% are vaccinated but the 20% who are NOT vaccinated make up 81% of hospitalizations and 91% of ventilated patients, the math indicates the vaccines are helping keep the vaccinated safer.

sure, there are breakthrough cases. There always are with mutating viruses (witness the flu). However except in individuals who have other health issues, those are primarily not requiring hospitalization or ventilators amongst the vast majority of the population who is vaccinated here.

I hope that helps you understand how I look at it.

And I'm a 'don't swallow all the data coming out of institutions' kinda guy :)

5 minutes ago, Allan said:

And I'm a 'don't swallow all the data coming out of institutions' kinda guy :)

Yeah but you swallow the crap from quacks and other ne’r-do-well liars , so who cares what you say?

that is why I addressed Skyrider not you. 

for what it is worth, I have friends who work ICU’s here and they confirm what this administrator says about the numbers but that is immaterial since you reject real science and the preponderance of evidence.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Allan said:

Extracts from our own Govt website- 

How many kids have been sick so far?

While children do catch the SARS-CoV-2 virus which causes COVID-19, the data internationally has consistently reported the lowest rates are in children. Pre-school and primary school age children in particular appear less likely to acquire the infection and make up less than 5% of reported cases in Australia and elsewhere.

“Importantly, the published data also suggests that children tend to have less severe cases of COVID-19 than adults,” says Children’s Health Queensland Director of Infectious Diseases Julia Clark. “In most cases the virus causes mild or moderate symptoms, which can include fever and cough, but also milder cases of pneumonia sometimes requiring hospitalisation.”

“Severe complications in children are uncommon,” Dr Clark adds.
erious illness remains extremely rare in children. While there are reports of higher rates of child deaths in some countries, a population-based analysis of 12 million children in the UK in 2020 found 1 in 50,000 children experienced a critical illness, and the rate of death related to COVID-19 was 2 per million children. In comparison, about one half of all adults with critical illness (predominantly elderly people with chronic conditions) have died.

Are children and young people more at risk of infection with the Delta variant?

The majority of transmission still occurs in the household. Infection rates in young children remain lower than other age groups despite the absence of vaccination.

Is the delta strain more dangerous for children and young people?

There is no evidence that Delta variant causes more serious illness in children specifically Reassuringly data from the UK suggests admission rates for children have not increased despite emerging reports across the world that admission to hospital may be increased in young adults compared to previous variants. The good news is the vast majority of children with the Delta variant continue to experience a mild infection. Severe infections in children requiring intensive care unit admission or leading to death remain surprisingly uncommon throughout the pandemic.

2 minutes ago, HAPe4me said:

Yeah but you swallow the crap from quacks and other ne’r-do-well liars , so who cares what you say?

that is why I addressed Skyrider not you. 

for what it is worth, I have friends who work ICU’s here and they confirm what this administrator says about the numbers but that is immaterial since you reject real science and the preponderance of evidence.

Absolutely, I prefer the advice and comments from people who 'have no skin in the game' except for THE truth to be told. :)

Here is another, a PBS interview with the chief of pulmonary and critical care medicine at Denver Health about our current surge.

Dr. Ivor Douglas: Mostly unvaccinated, younger by about 15 years than the first surges, very worrying, because we're seeing patients who are presenting and getting very sick very quickly.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/amp/show/colorado-hospitals-overwhelmed-by-young-dramatically-ill-unvaccinated-covid-patients